Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD

Go down 
+15
Rob
Rhonda
Gin
carolineingalls
RoseRed
ChristinaAL
Prairie Dweller
emilyanneoftheprairie
Amy
Docfan
Lori
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Carol
bethandmanly
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:20 am

I've been watching some of the special features, in addition to watching the episodes in order (only up to The Love of Johnny Johnson so far). I watched the Alison Arngrim commentary on Bunny -- very entertaining, funny, and informative. I didn't know that Alison had really broken her arm skateboarding just before this episode was filmed. She said they had to put the 19th century style cast over the modern cast and that it was hard to push the wheelchair with her broken arm. Also interesting was Alison's observation that Mrs. Oleson's dress and hat in the scene where she confronts Laura in the barn with Bunny closely resemble those of Miss Gulch in The Wizard of Oz. Wow, I had never noticed that! I could just hear Mrs. Oleson saying, "I'll get you my little pretty...and your little horse too!" I also watched the Melissa Gilbert interview. She had a broken arm during the filming of Be My Friend. It was interesting to hear her reflections on the show.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 6:54 pm

That is one of the best parts of owning the dvds. I think as fans we NEED to know more, and that really scratches that itch for us.
Another thing is that all the kids seem very blessed for having a part in the show.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Sound like a pretty good set, Might have to get it.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm going through the DVD set at a slow pace (generally one or two episodes a week), and today I started on season 2. Strangely, the opening for "The Richest Man in Walnut Grove" is a season 1 opening (I could tell by the theme music, which changed for season 2). The background music that plays while the menu is displayed is also the season 1 version. I wish they had included the opening for all of the episodes instead of just the first episode on each disc, but it's more important to have the episodes intact. I've noticed there are a lot of scenes that Hallmark cuts out that are on the DVDs. BTW, I never get tired of watching "The Richest Man in Walnut Grove". It's one of my favorites.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 am

Honestly, I don't let the beginning theme song play. I go straight for the episode itself. LOL
If my guys heard the theme song as much as I watch something they would shoot me. So guess I don't notice those things.

The Richest Man in W.G. is certainly a great episode.

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 am

I have the complete set on my Amazon wish list. I've never bought it because I own all the seasons on DVD and I just couldn't justify the price. I noticed the 60-disc version on my list is now not sold at Amazon (only through some sellers) and they now have a 55-disc for $129.25.

Anyone know what isn't included in the new set? Hmmmm....

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:24 am

Sorry I don't I collected the set in seasons rather than just getting the box set.

In the Uk it turned out cheaper!

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD   LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOP: The Complete Series on DVD
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3