HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

"SCHOOL MOM"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1013

PostSubject: Re: "SCHOOL MOM"   Sun May 04, 2014 7:06 pm

I loved watching this today on DVD with the deleted scenes back in. A little more special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8816
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "SCHOOL MOM"   Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 am

What a marvelous scene when Caroline walked out of that school................................

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3283
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "SCHOOL MOM"   Tue May 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Love, love, love that episode!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 7908
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "SCHOOL MOM"   Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:25 am

So there were deleted scenes added back into this one? I have only seen this episode twice, once on youtube a few months ago, and now on the remastered DVDs. I didn't notice any new scenes, but I'm not that familiar with this one yet to necessarily notice them very well.

This is another one of my favorite episodes! I love how Caroline took over the teaching job when Miss Beadle was hurt.... Of course Harriet had to make sure that Caroline wouldn't show favoritism since her own girls were in the school.... After Harriet asked that, Caroline decided on the spot that she would teach! That was great.

I also loved how Caroline helped Abel gain the confidence to come back to the school. Everything was working so well, and then of course Harriet came into the school and destroyed everything that Caroline had been doing. I love how after Caroline walked out, and quit as the teacher, Harriet decided to teach. When it is time for school that morning, Harriet rings the bell, but there aren't any kids there for school. Nellie and Willie come out of the school, and Harriet asks them "Didn't you tell the children that I was going to teach today?" Then Nellie and Willie reply, "We did... that's the trouble!" I love that scene! Laughing

I would have to say the ending was the best part, when Caroline talked to Abel again. I love how she used the same sort of mentality that Abel had about going back to school, to show him that he could go back, and that he could learn. It was great when he read for her at the very end, and she got to see all her hard work paying off! Very nice ending!

"That would be a fate worse than death." - Sara Stanley - Road to Avonlea

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "SCHOOL MOM"   Today at 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down

"SCHOOL MOM"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2