HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Anne of Green Gables

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Anne of Green Gables   Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 pm

Any Anne fans here?? I'm a huge fan of the books and the movies!

Also, anyone a Katharine Hepburn fan?
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7212
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:38 pm

You'll find many Anne fans here--myself included. If you use the search engine you'll also find several threads about Anne.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards


Number of posts : 9006
Location : Life is short! embrace it with a SMILE.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:11 am

Yes even i'm a Fan lol some how i like the Movies


Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Cool! I absolutely love the movies. They remind me a lot of Little House in some ways.
Back to top Go down
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler


Number of posts : 313
Location : Jeannette, Pa.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 pm

I like Anne of Green Gables. She is so funny. Megan is so pretty.


Photobucket
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth
the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8654
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Yes... the temperatures are starting to get cooler... and the leaves will soon change. The time is coming for my yearly viewing of Anne of Green Gables... Love



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53787
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Ohhhhh, Carol! What time should I be there? I absolutely love the first two Anne movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7212
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Count me in!


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5982
Location : A Buckeye in Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 am

Erin's literature book last year had that poem in it. As we were reading it, I kept thinking of that scene from the movie.

I'd love to watch the movies, too. I have them on VHS and right now we don't have a VCR that works. bawling


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am

Which reminds me; I need to remember to look into buying the last movie on DVD. I have the first two.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:15 pm

I love Anne! I remember the first time I saw it as a kid. The first parts were on recently.


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13370
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:13 pm

I watch Anne of Green Gables each and every fall. It's a tradition! It's about that time again! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6


Number of posts : 2526
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:17 pm

I hate to say this, being 100% Canadian and all but, I really don't care for the Anne books. The first 2 movies are good. the 2rd one is ok but the last one is just not my favourite at all. I find it boring. I like the Road To Avonlea series much better.
I should have been born in America. I can't get enough of LIW. Anne will likely stay on the bookshelf.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7212
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

It was hard for me to read the books after watching the first two movies. Sullivan stuck closely to the books for the first movie, but by the time the second movie came along he was already straying wildly from them--not as much as in future movies, but when I read the books it was almost like it was a totally different story.

I used to read the series every year, but I haven't had the time in probably 5 years. I really love them, but the first two movies are so well done, that if I had to make a choice, I would choose them any day.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13370
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 pm

LIWnut wrote:
The first 2 movies are good. the 2rd one is ok but the last one is just not my favourite at all. I find it boring. I like the Road To Avonlea series much better.

The only movie I really care about is the first one. I'll just watch that same one over and over again. Wink My family thinks I'm nuts. greenS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 pm

i looooooooooooooooooooooooooove anne of green gables..The movies and books are awesome. the forth anne movie i hate.don't get me started, lol
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:21 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I hate to say this, being 100% Canadian and all but, I really don't care for the Anne books. The first 2 movies are good. the 2rd one is ok but the last one is just not my favourite at all. I find it boring. I like the Road To Avonlea series much better.
I should have been born in America. I can't get enough of LIW. Anne will likely stay on the bookshelf.

Well I"m with you, Marilyn! I think I finally got through all the books but really didn't enjoy them either. And I prefer the first two movies but had to have the other ones strictly because it was in the series.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13370
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:09 am

sweetheart wrote:
i looooooooooooooooooooooooooove anne of green gables..The movies and books are awesome. the forth anne movie i hate.don't get me started, lol

Where abouts are you in relation to Prince Edward Island, Krissy? Have you visited there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6


Number of posts : 2526
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Misti wrote:
LIWnut wrote:
I hate to say this, being 100% Canadian and all but, I really don't care for the Anne books. The first 2 movies are good. the 2rd one is ok but the last one is just not my favourite at all. I find it boring. I like the Road To Avonlea series much better.
I should have been born in America. I can't get enough of LIW. Anne will likely stay on the bookshelf.

Well I"m with you, Marilyn! I think I finally got through all the books but really didn't enjoy them either. And I prefer the first two movies but had to have the other ones strictly because it was in the series.

I read the entire series of Anne books once. I barely remember the last few books and am thinking that maybe I should go back and read them again, but the thought of reading through the first ones, which I have seen played out in the movies so often, will keep them on the bookshelf. I'll stick with Laura.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7212
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Rilla of Ingleside is probably my favorite after the first two books. With the exception of what happened to Walter, I really enjoyed it.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5918
Location : Curled up with a great book.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:55 pm

I was one of the lucky kids in school that didn't HAVE to read the books as an assignment. So, I decided I would as an adult. I read the entire series while pregnant with my youngest son. (Thats how I remember how long it took me to read them all..lol) I finished the last one two days before he was born.
I just recently received the dvds and watched them for the first time. They were wonderful and I'm so thankful to have them. I understand though how it would have been hard to read the books AFTER watching the dvds.
I enjoyed the books although they are not ones I could read over and over. They are incredibly detailed, and it takes forever to get through them. BUT in the authors defense she paints an awesome picture of a beautiful countryside and imaginative girl. I'm glad she took the time to write them all.




It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Amy wrote:
sweetheart wrote:
i looooooooooooooooooooooooooove anne of green gables..The movies and books are awesome. the forth anne movie i hate.don't get me started, lol

Where abouts are you in relation to Prince Edward Island, Krissy? Have you visited there?

I live in canada,But i live too far away from P.E.I! does that make sence.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13370
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:40 am

sweetheart wrote:
Amy wrote:
sweetheart wrote:
i looooooooooooooooooooooooooove anne of green gables..The movies and books are awesome. the forth anne movie i hate.don't get me started, lol

Where abouts are you in relation to Prince Edward Island, Krissy? Have you visited there?

I live in canada,But i live too far away from P.E.I! does that make sence.


Yep, totally! Thumbsup It's a shame though....I'm betting you would love to get there one day too! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:33 pm

yes, i would that would be amazing and nice to see the place in real life.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13370
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:05 am

It's a chilly and beautiful fall day here in my area! Perfect day for my annual Anne of Green Gables viewing! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anne of Green Gables   Today at 5:12 am

Back to top Go down
 
Anne of Green Gables
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» anne of green gables pictures!!
» A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!
» anne of green gables you tube videos!
» Anne of Green Gables (1934)
» Anne of Green Gables

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: