Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Huckleberry's Restaurant!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Huckleberry's Restaurant! Happy010

Huckleberry's Restaurant! Empty
PostSubject: Huckleberry's Restaurant!   Huckleberry's Restaurant! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:53 pm

So, a new restaurant opened in my town. It’s located right next to “Cool Hand Luke’s” which I’ve talked about before.
This new one is called “Huckleberry’s”. Just imagine that Huckleberry Fin decided to create a restaurant and you have some idea of what it looks like lol. If you have been to Disneyland… it’s like you are eating at Frontierland.

I LOVE the decoration of this place. Love When you walk in… you will see a big willow tree. The lights are dimmed and it kind of feels like you are in the backwoods somewhere. They even had some cricket sounds coming from the front counter lol. There are fishing nets and an alligator on top of a tin roof. From where I was sitting, I saw a worn out suitcase on top o f a roof with some overalls sticking out of the suitcase lol. I also saw this beautiful painting of this boy in overalls fishing and there were small lights near the painting… kind of resembling fireflies. There are vintage looking signs. Each table has a tin bucket where the mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce, Cajun hot sauce and other condiments are stored at. :sillySmiley:

The restaurant specializes in California fare with some Louisiana Cajun influence. Burgers and sandwiches are served with sides such as Cajunized fries, jambalaya and classic cole slaw. I ordered the burger and some fries. I was asked if I wanted my fries cajonized… and I was curious so I said yes. I was expecting it to just have some Cajun type of seasoning sprinkled over the fries… but I was surprised to see that it was actually fries with chili & melted cheese on top of them… they were very good. Some of drinks (the fresh squeezed fruit drinks) are served in mason jars. Thumbsup

There are a lot of dishes that looked very good, like the chicken gumbo and southern style fish & chips, the jambalaya, the Bayou wedge salad, a Texas Arkansas steak sandwich and breakfast menu looked so good…. Eggs, bacon, home-fried potatoes, stuffed French toasts smothered in huckleberries, caramel & pecan waffels, the bayou breakfast burrito and southern egg scrambles served with fresh biscuits, it was hard deciding what to eat! :think: lol
If there’s room for dessert, the mud pie ($5) is the perfect shared sweet ending. A half-dozen mini nut-brownies are topped with vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. This classic dessert is a standout with the rich chocolate in the brownies making the perfect complement to the slow-melting ice cream. eat

I will take some pics the next time I go to show you the décor of the restaurant here in town, it looks like each restaurant is decorated just a little different... This picture I found online… to give you an idea of the place…
Huckleberry's Restaurant! Untitled2

Huckleberry's Restaurant! Horses10
Back to top Go down

Huckleberry's Restaurant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huckleberry's Restaurant!   Huckleberry's Restaurant! EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:53 pm

I like the look of the restraunt. It sounds really cool. :CoolSign: I would love to see more pics 📷 when you get some.
Back to top Go down

Huckleberry's Restaurant!
Page 1 of 1