HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

As a child

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 313
Mood :

PostSubject: As a child   Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:21 pm

Does anyone have any favorite movies that they just couldn't resist as a child? I have several. I loved watching Arthur. Along with Cyber Chase, Out of the Box, Barney, Rugrats, and all the original old Disney movies.

How about everyone else?

Photobucket
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth
the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:57 am

I loved watching Arthur! I watched that after school every day when I was like 8 haha.

Hmm...there were a lot of movies I liked when I was little. Definitely the Disney movies. I think Cinderella was my favorite. Along with The Little Mermaid.

Do you remember a movie called Milo and Otis about the dog and the cat? I LOVED that movie when I was little! lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8654
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Hmm.... :think:
I loved "An American Tail", "The Little Mermaid" and "Firestarter"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13370
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Well, my son is the nostalgic one---he's 18 years old and wants to go out to get The Goofy Movie tonight! OhMy :haha: Whatever! Whistle

Hmm, me? Davey & Goliath was a big one for me, on Sunday mornings, along with Sesame Street. (If we're lumping 'tv shows' into this). Movies? The first movie I EVER saw in the theater was The Muppet Movie, when I was 10 years old. Kermit and Miss Piggy rock!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Okay, I think I'm one of the oldest members here so hang on...

I was a total latch key kid from age 6 onward, so I watched a lot of TV!
Everything from the day time soaps to late nights with Johny Carson...
But I really LIVED for Saturday morning Cartoons and shows.
My favorite was a really weird show called HR Puffinstuf. (You can find it on Youtube.)
It stared a young Teen idol named Jack Wild and I was totally crushed out on him!
He was a little English dude and he sang and danced.
He also played the Artful Dodger in the movie Oliver (Which is a movie I dislike very much!) Laughing Ha! Memories!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:43 am

lauraalmanzo wrote:
I loved watching Arthur! I watched that after school every day when I was like 8 haha.

Hmm...there were a lot of movies I liked when I was little. Definitely the Disney movies. I think Cinderella was my favorite. Along with The Little Mermaid.

Do you remember a movie called Milo and Otis about the dog and the cat? I LOVED that movie when I was little! lol Laughing

Wow, I remember Milo and Otis! That was a good one. Some parts were sad.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:30 pm

I remeber Milo and otis!
Cn anyone tell me what happens in the end , our tape is ruined and i don't think I've seen anything past the snowstorm part?

I love watching Arthur, Clifford, Lamb Chops, Peter Rabbit, Winne the pooh, Reading Rainbow, Dragon Tales, Cyber Chase, The puzzle place,
Yogie Bear cartoons, and Veggie tales.

I had so many favorite movie that I must of watched 100's of times!
Sound of music, Fly away home, Bambi, Charlottes Web ( Cartoon was WAY better than live action!), Black Beauty, Free Willy, The incredible journey, milo and otis-the end, and The wizard of Oz.

I actually never watched disney princess films, I had mostly animal films as you can tell from my list. :)
I still havent seen any cartoon disney princess films.
The first one I saw was Beaty and the beast in the PBS live action version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:04 pm

I always watched Veggie Tales, Dragon Tales, and Lamb Comp. I actually had lamb shop shoes. My mom keeps them on a shelf in her room. They are so tiny. I don't think that I can resist: I have to put up a picture!~

Milo and Otis are reunited, and soon find mates of their own, whereupon they separate and raise children. They help each other's families to survive the harsh winter and find their way back together through the forest to their barn, living together with their families in a happy ending.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm

Amy wrote:
Well, my son is the nostalgic one---he's 18 years old and wants to go out to get The Goofy Movie tonight! OhMy :haha: Whatever! Whistle

Laughing Too funny...
Well.. being that I love The Little Mermaid.... I want to go out and buy: 'Ariel's Beginning' grinsmiley :sillySmiley:

On second thought, I think I'll rent it first, lol... I didn't like part II so it's better to test the waters first on this one.... grinsmiley

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:59 pm

HR Puffinstuf....LOL I know who he is. I remember those weird shows. There was one that I never remember what it was called but I think they were in a Hat or something like that and it was like bugs...or maybe I'm confusing 2 shows from those kind. LOL

Well me, I so wish Disney Channel was the way it was when it first started when I was a kid. That is where we watch alot of our Disney movies. One I love and had to buy the second I could when it was on dvd was Summer Magic. I have memories of watching it off and on all summer as a kid on Disney Channel. I love Mary Poppins, the original Pollyana, the original Parent Trap, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Alice In Wonderland, Willy Wonka (the original), Wizard of Oz, etc. So many more.

When it comes to "newer" and as an a teen and adult. Well I love Finding Nemo, Lilo and Stitch, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, and a few others. I won't get into all the cartoon shows cause I loved to many of them from when I was a kid. I watch to many still now cause I have my kids. LOL
And you know I tried watching the Little Mermaid after it was out on *gasp* VHS and stopped after 15 minutes. I don't like it and never have. My 22 month old has seen ads for the new movie but unless she could literally ask for it I will not buy the Mermaid movies.
If you couldn't tell I am soooo a Disney girl.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Oh, I love the Little Mermaid too Carol! I didn't know this was out---I should pick it up for the daycare---they'd love that! Even my little boys love her!

And LOL, Carol, my son got his Goofy Movie last night! He's a happy camper! :unsure:

Holly, my hubby LOVED HR Puffinstuff (he's 45)....I'm a little too young for it. batEyes But not by much. Wink I've seen it before though (Maybe TVLand?) and man was that one weird show....that's the 60's for ya! :haha:

To the 'young 'uns' here...well, I can say I liked all the ones you watched too, (like Lamb Chop's Playalong and Arthur and Puzzle Place) because that's what my kids grew up on and therefore I watched too! Those were really great shows).

Ok, I just thought of two more from my childhood: Captain Kangaroo (NEVER missed it) and I watched "The Great Space Coaster" before school every morning! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:05 pm

BerryEvilQueen wrote:

Well me, I so wish Disney Channel was the way it was when it first started when I was a kid.

Yeah, there's a lot of questionable 'children's'' programing on it now. It's changed a LOT. They're all about spitting out the next Disney 'star'...the Hannah Montanas of the world. Makes me crazy.

I'm a Disney girl too, Anna...I love all of those you mentioned---Mary Poppins and Beauty & the Beast the most. I think Carol has another thread on this out there...I'll try to find the link.

Do you guys remember watching Disneys Movie of the Week, every Sunday night at 7pm? How I lived for that!!! They showed movies like The Love Bug and Escape to Witch Mountain. Great stuff! Thumbsup What's amazing is that they took into consideration that it was a school night and aired the movies at 7pm!! Imagine that being done today! Whistle

*EDIT* Here's the link, it's a shorter thread than I thought it was! Maybe there's another one...

http://lhotp.editboard.com/tv-movies-hollywood-gossip-f14/cartoons-of-yesterday-vs-cartoons-of-today-t2199.htm?highlight=favorite+cartoons

~Mother Teresa

Last edited by Amy on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:08 pm

Good topic! Yeah I used to watch ET and The Heavenly Kid over and over as a kid, lol..Those were the days.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Amy wrote:
Yeah, there's a lot of questionable 'children's'' programing on it now. It's changed a LOT. They're all about spitting out the next Disney 'star'...the Hannah Montanas of the world. Makes me crazy.

What is the deal with this Hannah Montana character? lol
I thought the Lizzie McGuire series was a lot better... at least for me...

When I was at the supermarket the other day I stopped by the Magazine section and checked out some teen magazines like Bop/Big Bopper.... I used to collect those in my teen years...
Anyway, it seems all of the magazines dedicated to teens concentrated on Disney channel stars! My goodness, there is a bigger world of movies stars out there! Mainly it was all about Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montanna....
What about putting more posters or stories and so many other young actors of today, like they used to do when the magazine started? I remember a variety of stars... in my old magazines.. like Kirk Cameron, River Phoenix, Ricky Schroeder, Johnny Depp, Ralph Machio, NKOTB, Alyssa Milano, Corey Haim and many others, I mean, these were stars from all over the tv networks, movies, music, etc.... but now when I look at a Big Bopper one word comes to mind: Disney Channel. Don't get me wrong... I love Disney... but not so much the overhyped Hannah Montana and other type of shows... Example:

See what I mean?! lol All people on the cover of Bop are from Disney channel.
I remember seeing the Disney channel in the early 90s and remember the Mickey Mouse Club when Justin & Britney were like 12 years old, lol... they had Kids Incorporated and just more shows that appealed to me versus today...

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Amy wrote:

Do you guys remember watching Disneys Movie of the Week, every Sunday night at 7pm? How I lived for that!!! They showed movies like The Love Bug and Escape to Witch Mountain. Great stuff! Thumbsup What's amazing is that they took into consideration that it was a school night and aired the movies at 7pm!! Imagine that being done today! Whistle

Oh yes! but first it was The Wild Kingdom that would come on. Right?!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Oh yes!! Mutual of Omaha's: WILD KINGDOM!"..... :sleep: :haha:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:48 pm

i remember Milo and Otis. everytime i would go to my grandma's house we would watch it.
I love the Goofy Movie. It was on Disney Channel a couple of days ago i sang along with it.
Arthur was my favorite. I used to watch it everyday at 4:00.
All the Disney Movies were my favorites!!!

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:13 am

Excuse me. I just have to put this picture up...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:34 am

aWWW, those are so cute!
I used to have lamb chops underwear but I'll resist posting a photo...lol
:unsure:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:46 pm

EllieJane wrote:
aWWW, those are so cute!
I used to have lamb chops underwear but I'll resist posting a photo...lol
:unsure:

ROTFL That's funny.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 am

Land of the Lost and H.R. PuffnStuff. I have H.R. PuffnStuff od DVD!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:50 am

LindsayCrouseFan wrote:
Land of the Lost and H.R. PuffnStuff. I have H.R. PuffnStuff od DVD!

Do you really?! I didn't know it was on DVD! I had a toy flute just like Jimmy's!
Land of the lost- yes I remember that. How about Danger Island with Jan Michael Vincent? (Another crush) Oh, and The Banna Split Show! :haha: Such dumb shows but oh so cool!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:29 am

as a child hmmmm way back then lol

I loved the old classic comedies as a kid

Abbot and Costello

Ma and Pa Kettle

Shirley Temple Movies
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:56 am

indi wrote:
as a child hmmmm way back then lol

I loved the old classic comedies as a kid

Abbot and Costello

Ma and Pa Kettle

Shirley Temple Movies

Me, too! Me, too!

And the old Tarzan movies on Sunday afternoons.

Also liked High Chaperal (sp?) It was a Western.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
LindsayCrouseFan wrote:
Land of the Lost and H.R. PuffnStuff. I have H.R. PuffnStuff on DVD!

Do you really?! I didn't know it was on DVD! I had a toy flute just like Jimmy's!
Land of the lost- yes I remember that. How about Danger Island with Jan Michael Vincent? (Another crush) Oh, and The Banna Split Show! :haha: Such dumb shows but oh so cool!

Yeah, H.R. is on DVD. A family member gave it to me as a gift.

ROTFL At the Banana Split show! ROTFL I had a stuffed animal of one of the characters. (The one with the long ears and red hat! ROTFL

Those were the days! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Today at 1:43 am

Back to top Go down

As a child
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: