HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

As a child

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13376
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Did anyone watch "Wild Wild West"? Jim was so hot. Wink That was sth my older sister and I bonded over---she was 7 years older but I could still see the attraction to Jim, even as a young girl! LOL!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52508
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Did guys in the old West really wear pants that tight? affraid My sister liked Jim, but I was an Artemus Gordon fan. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:59 pm

Rob wrote:
Did guys in the old West really wear pants that tight? affraid

I don't know Rob---it does seem a tad restricting when jumping up on those horses! OUCH! However, I never minded. Wink (Yes, I was a precocious young girl! batEyes).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:53 pm

Hmmm... Wild Wild West??? I remember how the West Was Won. I watched lots of westerns. Used to like to watch Wagon Train.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:25 pm

Maybe you'll remember the intro...

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:43 pm

Nope! Don't remember it. My brothers must have had the TV on another channel. :think:

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
I watched lots of westerns.

Boy, me too. When I was a kid in the '60s, half the shows on in primetime were Westerns. If you didn't like Westerns, you probably didn't watch much TV. I loved Gunsmoke, The Virginian, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman, Rawhide, Alias Smith & Jones...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:06 pm

Ah yes, I loved Alias Smith and Jones! And let's see what else... Oh yeah, Death Valley.

I still like Westerns as long as there are a few women in them. I love the horses... I love the sound of the horses hooves and the squeaking of the saddle... and I like the the long fancy dresses the women wore too. And the men are so macho that's it's funny! I do a lot of fast forwrding if the bad guys are too bad and scary! Ha! And I close my eyes a lot during the shooting too.

Right now I'm renting season 1 of The Young Riders (from the late 80s)

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
Ah yes, I loved Alias Smith and Jones!

That was a good one. But it wasn't on very long. One of the stars, Peter Duel, committed suicide. Do you remember that? I remember being shocked when I heard about it. Here was a guy who was young, good-looking, and successful... and he put a gun to his own head. I think that was my first lesson that people's lives weren't always what they seemed to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:11 pm

I used to watch re-runs of Alias Smith and Jones when I was a little girl. I loved that show. But I had no idea that Peter Duel had committed suicide. How sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Rob wrote:
I loved Gunsmoke, The Virginian, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman, Rawhide, Alias Smith & Jones...

Oh my......That list brings back a lot of memories! When I was a little girl, all Saturday and Sunday afternoon, the local tv station would play all of those shows. Along with The Lone Ranger, The Cisco Kid, and The Wild, Wild West. And, oddly. . . Charlie Chan movies. Now.......Why they chose Charlie Chan movies with all of those westerns, I'll never know. But it was fun. Not very politically correct - but fun. grinsmiley

You know, I watched some of The Wild, Wild West again lately, and I was surprised by how violent it was. For the era, I mean. Then, I read an article about the show, and found out that the network had complained several times about the level of violence, and actually cancelled the show because the producers and writers refused to tone down the violence. Can you imagine a network doing that today, to a popular show??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Savannah wrote:
You know, I watched some of The Wild, Wild West again lately, and I was surprised by how violent it was. For the era, I mean. Then, I read an article about the show, and found out that the network had complained several times about the level of violence, and actually cancelled the show because the producers and writers refused to tone down the violence. Can you imagine a network doing that today, to a popular show??

Wow, really?! OhMy I guess I don't remember it being that violent. I haven't seen it in a long, LONG time though. And NO, I can't imagine that happening today, and Lord knows I wish some shows WERE banned for extreme violence. :sad5:

Rob, I loved that intro!! Thumbsup

Oh, just thought of another one. Saturday mornings: Fat Albert! Never missed it!

And.....

how about those after school specials?! OMG, some of those were so corny, especially the ones about sex! LOL! I distinctly remember one where a boy and girl have to go into this room with a teacher or something and watch a filmstrip and ask all kinds of questions. I remember the acting being God-awful. Ugh---GAG! help

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Oh yeah, I remember Afterschool Specials. I don't think I remember the sex one. Maybe if I'd seen it I'd be in better emotional shape today. Whistle

Mostly I just remember titles. Do either of these ring a bell?... Sara's Summer of the Swans, and The Secret Life of T.K. Dearing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Amy wrote:
Rob, I loved that intro!! Thumbsup

Speaking of violence, do you remember how that lower righthand segment of the intro used to show Jim punching the girl after she pulled the knife? Then they changed it to her merely swooning from his kiss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:19 pm

See what I mean about violent? :haha:

I'd forgotten about that, Rob!
What a brute! Just because she was going to stab him in the back with a long, gleaming knife.......... batEyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna

Number of posts : 10769
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey Savannah, you said you watched Alias Smith and Jones in reruns as a little girl?

Wow, I was in 10th grade in 1971. bawling

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:49 pm

BigAlice wrote:
Hey Savannah, you said you watched Alias Smith and Jones in reruns as a little girl?

Well, I was 4 in 1971, and have never heard of it. :think:
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna

Number of posts : 10769
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:56 pm

LindsayCrouseFan wrote:
BigAlice wrote:

And just why did you feel it necessary to say THAT? Does it make you happy to remind me how old I am, huh? ROTFL

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:00 am

BigAlice wrote:
LindsayCrouseFan wrote:
BigAlice wrote:

And just why did you feel it necessary to say THAT? Does it make you happy to remind me how old I am, huh? ROTFL

I never said you were old my friend.... You did! ROTFL Frying pan help :scratch: :alright:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8656
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 am

Okay, one summer... I didn't have to go to summer school and my cousin and I tuned to this channel where they were having a marathon of this show we got hooked on, it was called Zoobilee Zoo. We saw every episode and kept watching it everday after school lol
My favorite character was the kangaroo lady named Whazzat. grinsmiley :sillySmiley:

If you don't know what in the world I'm talking about, here is the video clip :P

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:52 am

Remember New Zoo Revue?? Freddie Frog, etc. LOL! I had the stuffed version of Freddie.

Theme song:

La-La-La-La-La-La-La, La-La-La-La-La-La-La
It's the New Zoo Revue, coming right at you . . .
Where three delightful animals have fun with what they do.

We learn with our friend Doug (our friend Doug!) I'm his helper Emmy Jo (Emmy Jo!)
With Freddie! Charlie! Henrietta! We have fun learning what we don't know.

Delicate and feminine is Henrietta Hippo.
Very wise and very smart is Charlie the Owl. (Whooo!)
Not so smart but lots of heart is Freddie the Frog.

It's quite an unusual thing, the animals talk and sing . . .
With Doug and Emmy Jo, every day's a different show!

It's the New Zoo Revue, coming right at you. It's the New Zoo Revue, coming right at you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 am

Here's The Banana Splits.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:13 am

Sigmund The Sea Monster. LOL!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:15 am

Land Of The Lost Intro.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:18 am

H.R. Puffnstuff Intro.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As a child   Today at 9:33 pm

Back to top Go down

As a child
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: