Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For a dear friend, please

Go down 
+8
Alice
Amy
Carol
Rob
JW
Teresa
bethandmanly
Savannah
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
For a dear friend, please Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : For a dear friend, please Happy010

For a dear friend, please Empty
PostSubject: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:41 pm

One of the ladies at my church is having back surgery in the morning. (Tuesday morning) She's 88 years old, and has to have some nerve endings burned because of some problems with her vertebrae. She's such a sweet, precious friend! The hospital is doing this on an outpatient basis, which I find horrifying. They told her that she may be in severe pain for ten days. She's a rather frail lady to begin with, and has a pace maker. Now, wouldn't you think that they'd at least keep her over night?? mad

So, would you all please pray for her? Her name is Doris, and I know that she'd dearly appreciate your prayers. And so would I. Love

Thank you!!

Last edited by Savannah on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : For a dear friend, please Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:48 pm

I'll certainly add her to my prayer list Savannah. Please let us know how she makes out.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:38 pm

You got it, Savannah.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 11:52 pm

Doris will be in my prayers, Savannah.

For a dear friend, please TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : For a dear friend, please Happy011

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:15 pm

I'll be Praying

For a dear friend, please Jacobk10For a dear friend, please Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:35 pm

Thank you, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : For a dear friend, please Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:50 pm

I'll be praying!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:06 pm

I hope that Doris is doing or managing well, poor lady Blue .... have you talked to her Savannah?

For a dear friend, please Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:24 pm

I haven't been able to get in contact with her family yet. Her surgery was supposed to be at 10:15 this morning, and they weren't sure how long it would take. So, they're probably still be over there. She's going to stay with her son for at least one night. I'm going to check with him and see if they could use a little help with anything for her. If a few of us from church could take turns spending a night and a day with her, in her own home, it might make her feel a little more comfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:15 pm

Keep us posted, Savannah.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : For a dear friend, please Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm praying for Doris, Savannah.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:21 am

I hope your friend will recover quickly and I will pray for her.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:05 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Doris.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:23 am

Awww, she is in my prayers. I can't believe how fast hospitals push people out these days. Pretty soon, they are going to have drive-thru surgery.

For a dear friend, please PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:41 am

Isn't that the truth, Pam!

No word yet on Doris. I called a couple of people in my church, too, and they haven't heard anything, either. I'll let you all know as soon as I find anything out.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Savannah, you may try getting Doris a basket together of things she could do while she is trying to heal. Audio books are good if her eye sight is bad. Or just something that she likes to make like crocheting or knitting. This is a good time for her to do the things she hasn't had the time to do.
Keep visits short at first, but she will love the company as days go by.

I worked in a Nursing Home for 4 years and all of us aids got baskets together like this for residents that where coming back from a hospital stay. They loved them, because they knew we had missed them and that they had been thought of.
Its great that she has a friend like you.....keep us informed on things.
Smiles...Gin

For a dear friend, please Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
For a dear friend, please LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : For a dear friend, please Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 10:35 pm

I hope your friend, Doris, is doing good after the surgery. I will pray for her quick recovery.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Prayers for your friend, Savannah. I hope you hear from someone about her soon also. Keep us posted!

For a dear friend, please ChristinaKeeper2 For a dear friend, please 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Thank you so much for continuing to pray. I talked to her son today, and she's doing very well. She's in a minimal amount of pain, and is at her own home now. She had stayed with her son for the first couple of nights, which was why I couldn't get in contact with her. But I left messages on her machine, so she'd know that people were praying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:29 am

That's great news, Savannah!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 11:13 am

Doris sounds like one tough cookie! That's great news Savannah! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For a dear friend, please   For a dear friend, please Empty

Back to top Go down

For a dear friend, please
Page 1 of 1