Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sarah Palin & Tall

Go down 
+12
Kathleen Marie
Amy
Lori
bethandmanly
Debbie
Misti
emilyanneoftheprairie
JW
Lily
Teresa
Savannah
Rob
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Goodsi10

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Yeah, and Barack said it shouldn't be a factor; that candidates' families should be off-limits. I like that he's taking the high road.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:03 pm

That's good. I think that both parties have pretty much learned that attacking the family of the candidate basically vilifies the one who is on the attack. If Obama were to criticize this family in the middle of such a difficult time, he would look like a heartless creep, or a big bully. It's nice to see at least a little bit of courtesy in the campaign. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:57 pm

It's early yet, just wait until it gets closer and see if they keep taking the high road.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 am

I don't expect that they'll take the high road on everything. (Or even most things) But I do think they'll leave the family members alone.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 10:38 am

Teresa wrote:
The article I read said that McCain was aware of the situation before he made his decision.

WOW, really?! I didn't realize that! I thought for sure he must not have known, and that it was pretty lousy of Palin considering her daughter is about 4 or 5 months pregnant. Personally I don't see this as any 'ordinary' family situation that can be overlooked or taken lightly. As Savannah said, this is a tough situation under normal circumstances, let alone being second in command of our country! OhMy I don't think, if it were my family in this crisis, that I would feel qualified for this position. JMO. On top of that, you are going to get people who are going to judge her, and her daughter (I'm not one of them), but ultimately it could hurt McCain's campaign.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 pm

But ultimately I think you'll find people will vote for the president and not consider his VP as being too influential. It's always this big hullaballoo when the VP is chosen and then the VP takes a back seat for the next 4 to 8 years after the president is elected.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:22 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
But ultimately I think you'll find people will vote for the president and not consider his VP as being too influential.

Dan Quayle would be a pretty good case in point. batEyes
So would Al Gore.
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:10 pm

If we want to get into the fact that her daughter is 17 and pregnant, they should deal with the epidemic of children born out of wedlock to black mothers. The percentage is very high.

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
ashkate11871
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
ashkate11871

Number of posts : 313
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 11:55 pm

I have been on McCain's side the entire time. I'm all for him. Now with Sarah, I really like her.

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 McCainPalinButton

Photobucket
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth
the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 3:55 am

I fell asleep on election day.

Who won?

I wanted to vote Barack McCain. I hope he won.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 8:38 am

Geez, Larry, it was in all the papers. Harry Truman got beat by one of Donald Duck's nephews.

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Dewey_defeats_truman
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Well, JMHO, but my voting decision will ultimately go by who is pro-life, in this case McCain & Palin. I could not, in good conscience, vote for anyone else. But, that's just me.SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 HummerSarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 MistiKeeperSarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Bookclub5Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."

Last edited by Misti on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:25 pm

flatbroke wrote:
I fell asleep on election day.

Who won?

I wanted to vote Barack McCain. I hope he won.

And hadn't you heard, Nixon was impeached! SmileyCentral.com

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 HummerSarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 MistiKeeperSarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Bookclub5Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:49 pm

Misti wrote:
Well, JMHO, but my voting decision will ultimately go by who is pro-life, in this case McCain & Palin. I could not, in good conscience, vote for anyone else. But, that's just me.SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

The same goes for me, Misti. I couldn't vote for a candidate who was not pro-life. That is a huge decision factor for me, but there are some other qualities about Palin that I like, I still think McCain made a good choice in picking her for a running mate.

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:40 am

Amen to that!

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 am

Uh oh, where did Rhonda's video go? LOL! I see you moved it one thread down.

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:45 am

LOL....Ya, I wasn't sure which thread it should go in......both are political........ :scratch:

Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Rhonda10Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Palin & Tall   Sarah Palin & Tall - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin & Tall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2