Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!

Go down 
+10
Lori
Amy
carolineingalls
Lily
Savannah
bethandmanly
JW
Rhonda
LIWnut
Teresa
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Happy010

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 6:53 pm

It was such a wonderful production!! Melissa looked great! The girls who played Laura, Mary, and Carrie were fabulous, especially Laura! The set was awesome, and Nellie was hysterical. Pa and Almanzo were great as well. It was just cool sitting there and watching Melissa walk out onto the stage. All of the songs were great, and sung very well. Melissa doesn't have that "broadway" sort of voice, so she blended in with her castmates more. There was a duet between her and pa, and he carried the song. She has a very nice voice though. It's just not the powerhouse voices that the other actors have. But then she's not a broadway performer, so I didn't expect her to sound like she was. Melissa did have a solo at the end, but it was kind of talking and singing at the same time. She carried her tune well though. If this production comes to any of your cities, or one close to where you live, I would highly recommend seeing it. My daughter and I just loved it!! My husband enjoyed it too.
Of course you're always going to have those token critics...............I overheard two women behind us talking after the show, and one said that she thought the production was good. She thought that Melissa should have some intense vocal lessons to strengthen her voice. Then, when we were going down the escalator, one woman said, "I guess my expectations were too high." I'm not sure what she meant by that. Then another woman said that she thought the costumes were all wrong. I also heard another woman say that Melissa couldn't sing. I did hear someone say that they thought the show was incredible. It just bugs me when people criticize like that. I thought that Melissa's voice sounded great. No, it wasn't as strong as Laura and Mary's, but it wasn't like she sang out of tune. That just annoyed me when I heard those comments. I absolutely loved it!! I don't know what else people were expecting?
If you have any questions........ask away.
They didn't have the question and answer deal that they had after the show last weekend when my mother-in-law was there, so that was kind of a bummer. I was just excited to see Melissa in person. We had great seats. About 10th row center.
I don't care what anyone else says..........I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 7:48 pm

So glad to hear that you enjoyed the show. My friend Beth Ingalls is really looking forward to seeing the play in mid Oct.
What was your favourite scene in the show?

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! MarilynKeeper LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 7:53 pm

I loved the scene with Laura and Mary, after she went blind. They sang a duet together about how Laura would be Mary's eyes. It was very touching. At the end, ma (Melissa) sang a song to Laura about how she wanted her to be that "wild child" again. I enjoyed that too. Nellie just cracked me up though with her humor and funny little antics she put into her lines.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 8:39 pm

Teresa, so glad that you got to finally see this show, you waited for what seems like forever!!!! I figured your daughter would love it too......And it doesn't matter if you see the biggest and best broadway musical, someone is going to rip it apart. Just take your memories of the show and treasure them away!!! Thumbsup

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Rhonda10LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 8:40 pm

Glad you had fun

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Jacobk10LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:53 pm

Thank you, Marilyn, Rhonda, and Jacob.

Rhonda, if it were any other production, I wouldn't have really taken offense to any negative comments that I heard. It's just because it's LHOTP and Melissa Gilbert. Honestly, I'm surprised that I heard anything negative. I'm sure that a majority of the people enjoyed the show. It really was an outstanding production. People gave it a standing ovation. All of you would love it if you had the chance to see it. Melissa hasn't aged a bit. Her voice still sounds the way it did in season 9. LOL!! You would get such a kick out of the actress that plays Nellie. She had the audience laughing out loud at her scenes. She did a wonderful job with the character. All of the characters just came to life, and you felt like you were right there with them, on the prairie.

So yes, Rhonda, I will treasure these memories. It was all that I expected, and more.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:55 pm

Sounds wonderful. I'm hoping it comes close enough to us that I might be able to see it.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm so happy that you had a wonderful time Teresa. It sounded awesome.Bliss

I was hoping the same thing Cheryl. Sadly, it won't happen. :crySC:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Teresa!!! I'm SO glad that you had such a wonderful time! *squeal!* Cheer
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm so happy to hear you had a great time, Teresa. :woohooo: Thank you for sharing the experience with us. There will always be some people to criticize the show no matter what. It just shows that they're not truly LH fans because they have no appreciation for it! mad

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:58 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for letting us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:09 am

As long as YOU enjoyed the show, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, Teresa.

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 am

I'm so happy for you Teresa!!! That is so fantastic that the musical met your expectations and more! I can't WAIT to see it---I WILL travel to see it! (Well, at least to Detroit Wink ). You know, I'd be exactly like you are...who CARES if MG's voice isn't the powerhouse of the other girls, WHO would walk in thinking that it would be, or that would be her career?! I mean, it's MELISSA GILBERT, little Laure herself! Would you really want to have a broadway singer, or Melissa Gilbert?! To me, it's a no-brainer and I can imagine how surreal that feeling must have been Teresa! What an experience! Applause

One thing:

Teresa wrote:
Melissa hasn't aged a bit. Her voice still sounds the way it did in season 9.

I have to think that she had a 'character voice in Little House, because I've heard her in interviews and like this latest infommercial and I don't think her voice is anything like her Little House voice. It's deeper and a little annoying IMO, so if she sounds like she did in season 9, that would be a higher-pitched, softer voice, which I like better. What's amazing is, after ALL These years, she obviously found her Little House 'character' again, even if she was Ma and not Laura, she knew that 'other' voice would be more 'accepted'.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm glad you had a wonderful time at the show.

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 1:40 pm

I'm glad you had such a reat time!!!!
Thanks for telling us about it!

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Little
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 4:11 pm

How cool Teresa! Who cares what those other people said about the show... but honestly, did they know something we didn't know... did they think Melissa was a brodway singer before?? Huh? lol
I would love to see that show but it's not being held anywhere near me... :(

Did you take any pics? 📷

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Cameras were not allowed.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Amy wrote:
I'm so happy for you Teresa!!! That is so fantastic that the musical met your expectations and more! I can't WAIT to see it---I WILL travel to see it! (Well, at least to Detroit Wink ). You know, I'd be exactly like you are...who CARES if MG's voice isn't the powerhouse of the other girls, WHO would walk in thinking that it would be, or that would be her career?! I mean, it's MELISSA GILBERT, little Laure herself! Would you really want to have a broadway singer, or Melissa Gilbert?! To me, it's a no-brainer and I can imagine how surreal that feeling must have been Teresa! What an experience! Applause

One thing:

Teresa wrote:
Melissa hasn't aged a bit. Her voice still sounds the way it did in season 9.

I have to think that she had a 'character voice in Little House, because I've heard her in interviews and like this latest infommercial and I don't think her voice is anything like her Little House voice. It's deeper and a little annoying IMO, so if she sounds like she did in season 9, that would be a higher-pitched, softer voice, which I like better. What's amazing is, after ALL These years, she obviously found her Little House 'character' again, even if she was Ma and not Laura, she knew that 'other' voice would be more 'accepted'.

I agree whole-heartedly. Seeing MG herself must have been awesome. I'm glad you enjoyed the show, Teresa! Thanks for telling us all about it; I would love to see it if came somewhere nearby. This may have been mentioned before already, so forgive me if there's a thread for it, is there a list somewhere of cities the musical will play in?

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! ChristinaKeeper2 LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the show i got to see the Pagant the have every year at walnut grove about the Ingalls it was very Good to

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Jacobk10LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:05 pm

It sounds like it was absolutely fantastic, Teresa!! I'm so glad that you had a good time. If it ever came to the Detroit area, I would most definitely go to see it.

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 12:36 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
This may have been mentioned before already, so forgive me if there's a thread for it, is there a list somewhere of cities the musical will play in? [/b][/color]

Hi Christina! Wave There was an article on another thread that mentioned that they haven't actually made a decision yet to tour everywhere, but were suprised by the interest in the musical, so they are definitely considering it. Keep your fingers crossed that it does VERY well! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Amy wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:
This may have been mentioned before already, so forgive me if there's a thread for it, is there a list somewhere of cities the musical will play in? [/b][/color]

Hi Christina! Wave There was an article on another thread that mentioned that they haven't actually made a decision yet to tour everywhere, but were suprised by the interest in the musical, so they are definitely considering it. Keep your fingers crossed that it does VERY well! Thumbsup

Thanks, Amy! grinsmiley Chances are, I read the article at one point and forget LOL b/c I do remember reading some things about it here. Thanks for the info, I am definitely crossing my fingers! How cool would that be, to see MG!

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! ChristinaKeeper2 LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!   LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOTP musical was fantastic!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1