HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

"CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1014

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:57 am

[url=][IMG]

First time I really saw the "wall" on the side of the room across from the fireplace. And you can see the writing on the box, must have moved the table for this shot. It says Do not open till Christmas/deliver to Mrs Ingalls
I wish I could find Carrie's face when she says "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus", she was at her most "adorable" and it ended the show very nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:19 am

Do my "early morning" eyes deceive me or in this pic, posted on this thread, have what looks like a store bought shirt in plastic on the table?

[url=][IMG]
I've blown that section up and that is what I see...not sure about what's on top of it. I know Mary didn't really make the shirt, but I wonder if that is a blooper, not shown maybe on the show, but in still pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8817
Mood :

PostSubject: Carrie   Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

I wish I could find Carrie's face when she says "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus", she was at her most "adorable" and it ended the show very nicely.

Exact Moment of "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus"

Charles loved Christmas!

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Wall   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 am

First time I really saw the "wall" on the side of the room across from the fireplace. And you can see the writing on the box, must have moved the table for this shot. It says Do not open till Christmas/deliver to Mrs Ingalls
I wish I could find Carrie's face when she says "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus", she was at her most "adorable" and it ended the show very nicely.[/quote]

I always found it to be a little odd that there are some plastered walls in the house, but, plastering dates back to the Egyptian times before Christ, so it is entirely possible that they would have used plaster.Had to insulate with something!

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Shirt   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 am

littlehouselover wrote:
Do my "early morning" eyes deceive me or in this pic, posted on this thread, have what looks like a store bought shirt in plastic on the table?

[url=][IMG]
I've blown that section up and that is what I see...not sure about what's on top of it. I know Mary didn't really make the shirt, but I wonder if that is a blooper, not shown maybe on the show, but in still pics.

Your eyes are deceiving you, that is Pa's violin case on the table, not a shirt..and it is shown on the show
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 am

LOL, now that I have coffee and my glasses, I see that.

Thanks for the pics, Carrie was actually was more vocal and sweet in the earlier shows and it was always just the right thing to do or say.

Re the plaster, I noticed some walls were done and some half done, etc. but in other homes, they didn't have any. It would seem to help keep the wind out, just the logs would be very cold.

I loved this episode, I didn't like Laura giving Bunny to Nellie but it made for a couple of more stories. It was nice to see everyone well, happy and full of secrets and joy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Ha! I'd already had my coffee and glasses, and I saw a shirt, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Shirt   Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Rob wrote:
Ha! I'd already had my coffee and glasses, and I saw a shirt, too.

I would expect that from other people, but not the Fifenator! The All Knowing, All Seeing Guru of Fact! I'm Shocked!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Christmas and Michael   Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Michael From An Interview About Christmas......The Fireplace....Carrie had The Same Thought!

"Christmas Eve is a time I hold dear in my heart. I particularly cherish the night that Shawna and Christopher looked disturbed when my wife Lynn and I sent them off to bed. When I asked them what was wrong, they both told me it was because there was a fire in the fireplace. 'Santa will get burned when he comes down the chimney,' they blurted out. I hugged them both close to me and had to fight back the tears that struggled to come from my eyes. I promised them I would go right to the fireplace and put out the fire so Santa wouldn't be hurt when he arrived. And that's exactly what I did." Michael Landon.

Landon Family Christmas Card
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:27 pm

A lot of children do that...my mom said he would come in the door. : ) My sister said he was magic like Charles and wouldn't get burnt.

I loved his Christmas Kodak commercials back then too. Too bad things had to end the way they did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 pm

This scene depicted by Michael, seems to have been taken right from one of the "Little House" episodes...It's just so sweet! loveheart Love

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 398
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:49 am

Very good episode.

I liked it when Charles got a green scarf and said. 'that's my favourite colour'.

It was his favourite colour in real life and, of course, he wore that green jacket in Bonanza for years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 7914
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Wed May 06, 2015 8:54 am

A great and classic Christmas episode! I love how everyone was busy thinking of others, and not just themselves. Laura gave up something she really loved in order to be able to buy the stove for her mom for Christmas. It would have helped, though, if they had talked together about what they were getting others in the family... then Charles and Laura, and Caroline and Mary wouldn't have been giving the same things! I thought it was really funny when Charles wanted to buy the stove, and Nels knew that Laura had already bought it. He tried convincing Charles to get something else, but Charles only wanted that stove!

Did anyone else notice that all of the trees are full of leaves? HeeHee

"That would be a fate worse than death." - Sara Stanley - Road to Avonlea

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Thu May 07, 2015 5:11 am

Yes, it was never really winter in Walnut Grove. : ) They used to complain how hot they would get in winter clothes, I probably would have fainted or wilted. One show, can't remember which one, someone had big wet stains under her arms when it was supposed to be cold, no "clinical strength" antiperspirant back then. Smile

One of my wishes for LHOP was that there were more Xmas shows, happy ones. And Easter was never discussed, but they did Halloween....Thanksgiving?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"

Number of posts : 7914
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Thu May 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Right, an Easter themed episode would have been nice. I wish we could purchase / see the thanksgiving one..

"That would be a fate worse than death." - Sara Stanley - Road to Avonlea

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri May 08, 2015 8:06 am

The Christmas movie, Bless All The Dear Children, which started with saying how mild the Winter was, was actually filmed in June 1983 - people walking around Mankato in short sleeves :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri May 08, 2015 8:49 am

MankatoJoe wrote:
The Christmas movie, Bless All The Dear Children, which started with saying how mild the Winter was, was actually filmed in June 1983 - people walking around Mankato in short sleeves :)

Its warm in Tucson, Arizona in June!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri May 08, 2015 9:01 am

Yeah, I think it would have been impossible to make the show - it would have cost way too much - if they had actually filmed in Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri May 08, 2015 9:14 am

Kent McCray took Michael Landon down to Patagonia, Arizona before they shot the pilot, and suggested it for the Walnut Grove exteriors, that they eventually shot in Simi Valley, Ca. The terrain was Minnesota like, but there was only one problem! Too much Cactus!

Lake Patagonia, Arizona

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri May 08, 2015 9:44 am

It's strange, but when I watched the original run and was aged 10 or so, I always thought it was set in Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska - somewhere like that.

I've always been a geography fan but didn't realise at the time it was Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri May 08, 2015 9:46 am

It was clever how they mixed in the Northern California shots to give it that Minnesota feel.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Fri May 08, 2015 11:14 am

MankatoJoe wrote:
It's strange, but when I watched the original run and was aged 10 or so, I always thought it was set in Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska - somewhere like that. I've always been a geography fan but didn't realise at the time it was Minnesota.

That's perfectly understandable. When I hear the word "prairie," I'm much more apt to think of the states you mentioned rather than Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   Today at 5:28 am

Back to top Go down

"CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3