Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"

Go down 
+21
MankatoJoe
Rob
Davetucson
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
bethandmanly
jes9
Honeybee
amyk
Krissy
alexczarn
pat1964
MissOleson
Kristina
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Debbie
JW
Carol
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:57 am

[url=christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Rwj6f9][IMG]

christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 2z7rkbd

First time I really saw the "wall" on the side of the room across from the fireplace. And you can see the writing on the box, must have moved the table for this shot. It says Do not open till Christmas/deliver to Mrs Ingalls
I wish I could find Carrie's face when she says "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus", she was at her most "adorable" and it ended the show very nicely.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:19 am

Do my "early morning" eyes deceive me or in this pic, posted on this thread, have what looks like a store bought shirt in plastic on the table?

[url=christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 2dqu7mb][IMG]
I've blown that section up and that is what I see...not sure about what's on top of it. I know Mary didn't really make the shirt, but I wonder if that is a blooper, not shown maybe on the show, but in still pics.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Carrie   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

I wish I could find Carrie's face when she says "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus", she was at her most "adorable" and it ended the show very nicely.
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Carrie12

Exact Moment of "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus"
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Carrie13
Charles loved Christmas!
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Carrie15

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Wall   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 am

First time I really saw the "wall" on the side of the room across from the fireplace. And you can see the writing on the box, must have moved the table for this shot. It says Do not open till Christmas/deliver to Mrs Ingalls
I wish I could find Carrie's face when she says "Happy Birthday Baby Jesus", she was at her most "adorable" and it ended the show very nicely.[/quote]

I always found it to be a little odd that there are some plastered walls in the house, but, plastering dates back to the Egyptian times before Christ, so it is entirely possible that they would have used plaster.Had to insulate with something!

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Shirt   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 am

littlehouselover wrote:
Do my "early morning" eyes deceive me or in this pic, posted on this thread, have what looks like a store bought shirt in plastic on the table?

[url=christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 2dqu7mb][IMG]
I've blown that section up and that is what I see...not sure about what's on top of it. I know Mary didn't really make the shirt, but I wonder if that is a blooper, not shown maybe on the show, but in still pics.

Your eyes are deceiving you, that is Pa's violin case on the table, not a shirt..and it is shown on the show
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Carrie14
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 am

LOL, now that I have coffee and my glasses, I see that.

Thanks for the pics, Carrie was actually was more vocal and sweet in the earlier shows and it was always just the right thing to do or say.

Re the plaster, I noticed some walls were done and some half done, etc. but in other homes, they didn't have any. It would seem to help keep the wind out, just the logs would be very cold.

I loved this episode, I didn't like Laura giving Bunny to Nellie but it made for a couple of more stories. It was nice to see everyone well, happy and full of secrets and joy.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Ha! I'd already had my coffee and glasses, and I saw a shirt, too. christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 135245
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Shirt   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Rob wrote:
Ha!  I'd already had my coffee and glasses, and I saw a shirt, too. christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 135245

I would expect that from other people, but not the Fifenator! The All Knowing, All Seeing Guru of Fact! I'm Shocked!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Christmas and Michael   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Michael From An Interview About Christmas......The Fireplace....Carrie had The Same Thought!

"Christmas Eve is a time I hold dear in my heart. I particularly cherish the night that Shawna and Christopher looked disturbed when my wife Lynn and I sent them off to bed. When I asked them what was wrong, they both told me it was because there was a fire in the fireplace. 'Santa will get burned when he comes down the chimney,' they blurted out. I hugged them both close to me and had to fight back the tears that struggled to come from my eyes. I promised them I would go right to the fireplace and put out the fire so Santa wouldn't be hurt when he arrived. And that's exactly what I did." Michael Landon.

Landon Family Christmas Card
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Michae12
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:27 pm

A lot of children do that...my mom said he would come in the door. : ) My sister said he was magic like Charles and wouldn't get burnt.

I loved his Christmas Kodak commercials back then too. Too bad things had to end the way they did.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:35 pm

This scene depicted by Michael, seems to have been taken right from one of the "Little House" episodes...It's just so sweet! loveheart Love

Vanesa.

christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:49 am

Very good episode.

I liked it when Charles got a green scarf and said. 'that's my favourite colour'.

It was his favourite colour in real life and, of course, he wore that green jacket in Bonanza for years.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:54 am

A great and classic Christmas episode! I love how everyone was busy thinking of others, and not just themselves. Laura gave up something she really loved in order to be able to buy the stove for her mom for Christmas. It would have helped, though, if they had talked together about what they were getting others in the family... then Charles and Laura, and Caroline and Mary wouldn't have been giving the same things! I thought it was really funny when Charles wanted to buy the stove, and Nels knew that Laura had already bought it. He tried convincing Charles to get something else, but Charles only wanted that stove!

Did anyone else notice that all of the trees are full of leaves? HeeHee

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 5:11 am

Yes, it was never really winter in Walnut Grove. : ) They used to complain how hot they would get in winter clothes, I probably would have fainted or wilted. One show, can't remember which one, someone had big wet stains under her arms when it was supposed to be cold, no "clinical strength" antiperspirant back then. Smile

One of my wishes for LHOP was that there were more Xmas shows, happy ones. And Easter was never discussed, but they did Halloween....Thanksgiving?
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Right, an Easter themed episode would have been nice. I wish we could purchase / see the thanksgiving one..

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:06 am

The Christmas movie, Bless All The Dear Children, which started with saying how mild the Winter was, was actually filmed in June 1983 - people walking around Mankato in short sleeves :)
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:49 am

MankatoJoe wrote:
The Christmas movie, Bless All The Dear Children, which started with saying how mild the Winter was, was actually filmed in June 1983 - people walking around Mankato in short sleeves :)

Its warm in Tucson, Arizona in June!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:01 am

Yeah, I think it would have been impossible to make the show - it would have cost way too much - if they had actually filmed in Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:14 am

Kent McCray took Michael Landon down to Patagonia, Arizona before they shot the pilot, and suggested it for the Walnut Grove exteriors, that they eventually shot in Simi Valley, Ca. The terrain was Minnesota like, but there was only one problem! Too much Cactus!

Lake Patagonia, Arizona
christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Lakeat10

Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:44 am

It's strange, but when I watched the original run and was aged 10 or so, I always thought it was set in Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska - somewhere like that.

I've always been a geography fan but didn't realise at the time it was Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:46 am

It was clever how they mixed in the Northern California shots to give it that Minnesota feel.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 11:14 am

MankatoJoe wrote:
It's strange, but when I watched the original run and was aged 10 or so, I always thought it was set in Kansas, Missouri or Nebraska - somewhere like that. I've always been a geography fan but didn't realise at the time it was Minnesota.

That's perfectly understandable. When I hear the word "prairie," I'm much more apt to think of the states you mentioned rather than Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 11:43 pm

I saw this again, for Christmas Season.

*cough* We all know, that Harriet price the star for 5 cents. *cough*

It was sweet of Mr. Olsen dropping the price to 1 cent. So, Carrie can buy the star for Christmas.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 5:55 pm

scratchead I've seen this episode twice this week since COZI TV has been playing "Christmas" episodes all week from all of their shows......Something I caught and have to question about is.......Charles did the wheel work for Nels to sell to the man wanting them and got paid good money for it.  He took part of the money and bought candy for the girls' for Christmas, and the rest was used to order the stove for Caroline; which did NOT get ordered because Laura traded Bunny for the stove......My question is, did Charles get his money back since the stove was not ordered?  Was it applied to credit; which would've been nice for them, but it is never mentioned again.....I know this is not the focus of this episode, but knowing how the Ingalls didn't have a lot of money for Christmas anyway, it would've been nice to know that Charles got his money back....especially since Nels had the opportunity to give him his money when he and Nellie came to pick Bunny up on Christmas day...

And I often wonder how many people know of the story called, The Gift of the Magi" from which this Little House episode had to have gotten their idea for the script.....it is below.....You can read more here----> The Gift of the Magi

Mr. James Dillingham Young ("Jim") and his wife, Della, are a couple living in a modest apartment. They have only two possessions between them in which they take pride: Della's beautiful long, flowing hair, almost touching to her knees, and Jim's shiny gold watch, which had belonged to his father and grandfather.

On Christmas Eve, with only $1.87 in hand, and desperate to find a gift for Jim, Della sells her hair for $20 to a nearby hairdresser named Madame Sofronie, and eventually finds a platinum pocket watch fob chain for Jim's watch for $21. Satisfied with the perfect gift for Jim, Della runs home and begins to prepare pork chops for dinner.

At 7 o'clock, Della sits at a table near the door, waiting for Jim to come home. Unusually late, Jim walks in and immediately stops short at the sight of Della, who had previously prayed that she was still pretty to Jim. Della then admits to Jim that she sold her hair to buy him his present. Jim gives Della her present – an assortment of expensive hair accessories (referred to as “The Combs”), useless now that her hair is short. Della then shows Jim the chain she bought for him, to which Jim says he sold his watch to get the money to buy her combs. Although Jim and Della are now left with gifts that neither one can use, they realize how far they are willing to go to show their love for each other, and how priceless their love really is.

christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Rhonda10christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 11:32 am

Rhonda wrote:
scratchead I've seen this episode twice this week since COZI TV has been playing "Christmas" episodes all week from all of their shows......Something I caught and have to question about is.......Charles did the wheel work for Nels to sell to the man wanting them and got paid good money for it.  He took part of the money and bought candy for the girls' for Christmas, and the rest was used to order the stove for Caroline; which did NOT get ordered because Laura traded Bunny for the stove......My question is, did Charles get his money back since the stove was not ordered?  Was it applied to credit; which would've been nice for them, but it is never mentioned again.....I know this is not the focus of this episode, but knowing how the Ingalls didn't have a lot of money for Christmas anyway, it would've been nice to know that Charles got his money back....especially since Nels had the opportunity to give him his money when he and Nellie came to pick Bunny up on Christmas day...

Watch the uncut DVD Rhonda........and you will find the answer!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"   christmas - "CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"CHRISTMAS AT PLUM CREEK"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next