Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Survivor: Gabon

Go down 
+5
Amy
emilyanneoftheprairie
HarrisonCrosby4387
Teresa
Misti
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Do you watch Survivor?
I watch it, I live it, I breathe it!
Survivor: Gabon Vote_lcap7%Survivor: Gabon Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Not obsessed, but I love it! Love it! Love it!
Survivor: Gabon Vote_lcap57%Survivor: Gabon Vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
I watch, but if I miss one no biggie!
Survivor: Gabon Vote_lcap7%Survivor: Gabon Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
What's Survivor?
Survivor: Gabon Vote_lcap29%Survivor: Gabon Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Survivor: Gabon Happy010

Survivor: Gabon Empty
PostSubject: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:24 pm

OK fellow Survivor fans! Are you ready? Thursday, September 25th!

Here is the site to read up on this new season: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Survivors:

Ace Gordon (27)
Hometown: Naples, Florida

Robert "Bob" Crowley (58)
Hometown: Portland, Maine

Charlie Herschel (29)
Hometown: New York, New York

Corinne Kaplan (29)
Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Crystal Cox (29)
Hometown: Durham, North Carolina

Dan Kay (32)
Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts

Danny "GC" Brown (26)
Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Gillian Larson (61)
Hometown: Temecula, California

Jacque Berg (25)
Hometown: Santa Barbara, California

Jessica "Sugar" Kiper (29)
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York

Kelly Czarnecki (22)
Hometown: Buffalo Grove, Illinois

Ken Hoang (22)
Hometown: Westminster, California

Marcus Lehman (28)
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Matty Whitmore (29)
Hometown: Pacific Palisades, California

Michelle Chase (24)
Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Paloma Soto-Castillo (24)
Hometown: Downey, California

Randy Bailey (49)
Hometown: Eagle Rock, Missouri

Susie Smith (47)
Hometown: Charles City, Iowa

Survivor: Gabon HummerSurvivor: Gabon MistiKeeperSurvivor: Gabon Bookclub5Survivor: Gabon Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:52 pm

I'm not obsessed, but I enjoy watching it.

Survivor: Gabon TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:56 pm

I think from going to the page and reading the bios. of the players, so far, I like Susie, Paloma, Bob & Dan.

We'll have to see when it starts and we see them all in action.

Survivor: Gabon HummerSurvivor: Gabon MistiKeeperSurvivor: Gabon Bookclub5Survivor: Gabon Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Survivor: Gabon Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 6:17 pm

That old lady is a little to strange for me, lol. Her voice is annoying.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 6:22 pm

i'm not obsessed with it but i like to watch it.

When hockey season starts i wont watch it all the time.

Survivor: Gabon Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Survivor: Gabon Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Survivor: Gabon Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Not obsessed, but I DO love it, especially once I get to 'know' the people after the first few weeks. It always takes me awhile to really 'get into it'.

My parents & our family are getting all geared up to start our weekly Survivor get-togethers again! Thumbsup

(um, by the way, if my hubby was voting, it would be 'live it and breathe it!' He IS obsessed! grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 pm

OK, what did everyone think. I think that weeding out Gillian & Michelle right away was a good idea; Michelle had attitude & Gillian was weak in body, though strong in mind. I did like her but she was getting on my nerves a bit..and this was only the first show.

Right now my mind can't remember the names of the two teams but the one started off strong and I think will be a strong force during this run. The other team started out weak and will need to really get with it to pull them all together. But at least they were resourceful to find means to catch food; one of the things I like about them.

Seems in passed seasons, they all just wanted to sit around and moan. Hopefully they will start winning challenges soon.

Does anyone think that the guy that went to exile island did, in fact, find the idol?

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 pm

I don't think that Dan found the idol, but you never know. I really liked the show tonight. Fang is starting to get it together as a tribe, but Kota is going to be tough. I really like the Kota team. I realized that Fang is pronounced Fong. When Jeff named the teams, I thought he had said Thong. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Survivor: Gabon Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:35 am

I wish they'd come up with some new physical challenges. Running obstacle courses and putting together puzzles is getting kind of old.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:53 am

Rob wrote:
I wish they'd come up with some new physical challenges. Running obstacle courses and putting together puzzles is getting kind of old.

I agree, Rob! Bring on the BUGS!!! SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 9:54 am

I also think that two tribal councils in one night is kinda rushing things. Give the audience time to get to know the players a little bit. At least for me, that gets me more involved. Slow down, Survivor!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 10:05 am

I thought last season's challenges were more diverse though...hopefully they'll incorporate more exciting ones again this season, but I know what you mean Rob.

I liked the show last night---I loved the fact it was two hours---they should always do that!

I'm happy Gillian is gone (she totally annoyed me) but I think getting rid of Michelle was a dumb move. WHY??? How many people have stayed all the way to the end who are annoying and have bad attitudes?! And she was stronger than they gave her credit for too, making it up the hill in second place, and the first female.

G.C. cracked me up---he complained about being a leader but he DID offer himself for the position, did he not?! Whistle He has a lot to learn about getting along. Some things he said though were very smart and I was impressed with him. So I'm still figuring him out. it takes me awhile to really get into Survivor because it's a good few weeks before I really get to 'know' the people. There are some that stand out as strong potential winners (Ace was one that stood out to me) and I like Bob! That guy is great---he looks so weak but he did great in the challenges!

I really loved watching it in Hi-Def!! What a difference!!

And LOL Teresa...I thought Jeff said "Thong" too---I was like, "what the heck kind of name is THAT?!" grinsmiley

*EDIT* I just saw your post Misti.....I kind of got to know the players better this way though---I liked having the episodes back to back. Sometimes a whole week feels like an eternity to me and I forget everybody! Huh?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:12 am

Amy wrote:
I thought last season's challenges were more diverse though...hopefully they'll incorporate more exciting ones again this season, but I know what you mean Rob.

I liked the show last night---I loved the fact it was two hours---they should always do that!

I'm happy Gillian is gone (she totally annoyed me) but I think getting rid of Michelle was a dumb move. WHY??? How many people have stayed all the way to the end who are annoying and have bad attitudes?! And she was stronger than they gave her credit for too, making it up the hill in second place, and the first female.

G.C. cracked me up---he complained about being a leader but he DID offer himself for the position, did he not?! Whistle He has a lot to learn about getting along. Some things he said though were very smart and I was impressed with him. So I'm still figuring him out. it takes me awhile to really get into Survivor because it's a good few weeks before I really get to 'know' the people. There are some that stand out as strong potential winners (Ace was one that stood out to me) and I like Bob! That guy is great---he looks so weak but he did great in the challenges!

I really loved watching it in Hi-Def!! What a difference!!

And LOL Teresa...I thought Jeff said "Thong" too---I was like, "what the heck kind of name is THAT?!" grinsmiley

*EDIT* I just saw your post Misti.....I kind of got to know the players better this way though---I liked having the episodes back to back. Sometimes a whole week feels like an eternity to me and I forget everybody! Huh?

Amy, what did you think about that Olympic athlete that had trouble going up the hill? grinsmiley She was excusing herself saying, "I'm used to running, not climbing. I'm not strong in this." I was like.. affraid

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:19 am

Misti wrote:
I agree, Rob! Bring on the BUGS!!! SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com

You're my kinda gal, Misti - sadistic! Thumbsup grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 pm

i watched it and it was good! i liked it.i was happy that they voted off Gillian and Michelle. i like the Red team.

Survivor: Gabon Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Survivor: Gabon Cute-2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptySun Sep 28, 2008 12:42 pm

I really enjoyed the first night. I was on a Survivor high all night. So far I like everyone. I was glad they got rid of Gillian. She got on my nerves watching her video on cbs.com before the show even started. I love Marcus. I wish that one dude would stop hitting on him, lol. I am glad he has his own alliance already. Hopefully it will get him pretty far in the game. I am afraid GC (the guy I have in the Survivor thing at my mom's work) won't make it that far. But who knows. That little Ken dude cracks me up. I felt bad when his little companion Michelle got voted off. I was interested to see if he was going to try and hit on her and see her reaction. Ace seems too strange and full of himself, but that's what makes good television. They haven't showed much of him yet, but he could be the winner.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Misti wrote:
Amy, what did you think about that Olympic athlete that had trouble going up the hill? grinsmiley She was excusing herself saying, "I'm used to running, not climbing. I'm not strong in this." I was like.. affraid

I couldn't believe her! What WAS that?! Do you see the muscles on her?! Honestly, we all said there must be some kind of strategy there, like in her head she was thinking, "I don't want them to think I'm too strong"... :unsure: :think: Huh? But whatever the case, I don't think each of her shoes weighed 10 pounds! Whistle

Beckie, I hear ya about the one guy hitting on the other! Buddy, he's straight already---leave it alone! :unsure: I have no problem with the fact he's gay---whatever---but he's seriously going to drive me nuts. And yes---Ken seems sweet! I feel bad that the one girl he saw as a 'prospect' got voted off first thing! Poor guy!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Amy wrote:
Honestly, we all said there must be some kind of strategy there, like in her head she was thinking, "I don't want them to think I'm too strong"...

Oh! That hadn't occurred to me, but I bet you're right. She avoided mentioning that she was an Olympian during the intros, so it makes sense that she might also try to downplay her fitness. That's a tricky game, though. If you're strong, you stand a good chance of getting voted off after the merge. But if you seem weak, you'll probably get voted off before the merge.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 pm

I can see how she maybe didn't want to appear too strong, but geez, she was like dead weight. The guy trying to help her up was working pretty hard, and she could have easily collapsed right on top of him. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
Honestly, we all said there must be some kind of strategy there, like in her head she was thinking, "I don't want them to think I'm too strong"...

Oh! That hadn't occurred to me, but I bet you're right. She avoided mentioning that she was an Olympian during the intros, so it makes sense that she might also try to downplay her fitness. That's a tricky game, though. If you're strong, you stand a good chance of getting voted off after the merge. But if you seem weak, you'll probably get voted off before the merge.

Yeah it's like a catch-22 :unsure: [i]

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:02 am

Cheer happy1 Survivor is on tonight, CBS at 7 p.m.!!! Don't forget! happy1 Cheer

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 am

Wait...7? Why is it on so early? (Oh wait...we're on different time zones...)

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Amy wrote:
Wait...7? Why is it on so early? (Oh wait...we're on different time zones...)

Yeah, I'm CST. SmileyCentral.com

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Well, I definitely do not like Ace...he gets on my nerves. I would have been thrilled (and loved to see the look on his face) if he been voted off.

I am wondering more and more if they don't take the episodes in sequence. It seems when Sugar was ono Exile Island looking for the hidden idol, her clothing kept changing. Even hubby noticed it.

It looked like she had on her bra & the tribal kerchief over it, or maybe she had on her shirt, the kerchief & the bra.

After she got stung by the ants, she then had on the kerchief which she pulled down to reveal her bra.

Then, later on she had the three items on again and at the end, she had her kerchief w/o her bra! Was I just seeing things?? :think:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:04 pm

Ok, I did notice sth like that Misti, but didn't pay too much attention because my parents were over and as usual, everyone was flapping their jaws and not really focused! :unsure: :haha: But we recorded it so I'll have to go back and check that out! I was really happy for her...she's not as ditzy as I thought she was! I was sad for her having to deal with the loss of her dad. She seems like a nice person.

Wow, adios Paloma! Whistle And good riddance! I mean, Ace gets on my nerves too but she was way over the top. And man, if anyone was a ditz it was her. Did anyone else think she talked like a 10 year old?! Huh? OMG, at tribal, Jeff said, "are you sure you weren't brother and sister in a past life", and immediately she started talking in 'future' tense, sth like "not in a million years, not if I was dead!" Um, HUH?? :think:

I thought the slip-n-slide was really fun and cool! Overall it was a great episode! Oh, I was SUPER surprised that Bob the PHYSICS teacher didn't win the 'math' contest!!! What?!?! I mean, math and physics go hand in hand! :unsure:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: Gabon   Survivor: Gabon Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor: Gabon
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next