Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hurricane leftovers

Go down 
+8
Prairie Wind
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Rhonda
JW
Rob
bethandmanly
Savannah
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 am

Sorry for your troubles, Gin! Some troubles get real old, real fast don't they!? We still haven't connected with some of our Texas relations because of phones and electricity being out.

Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Gin, I'm so sorry to hear how crazy things have been for you! Wow, still no power in some areas?! Yikes. I'm sure you're ready to get the kids back to school---I'm sure your guys are thrilled to have this 'extended' summer! Wink Unfortunately, you're right---they will have to make it up somehow!

About the double post---if you go back in and edit the post (you're the only one who can do that I think), you'll see an option, "Delete this post". ☮

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Ok....I might start to whine. My boys got back to school today, but Nathan (10th gd) called me as soon as he got there to say that the Band room had been broken into during the school break. He and many other students had left their insturments in there not knowing the day they left that school would not happen on Friday the 12th.
I'm sure the school is insured, but I have no paperwork on his trumpet. We only had the rental aggrement but that has been thrown away since we have payed it off.
Another twist is the music company that issued the horn to us has since shut down their business. SO.....not sure how all of this will come out in the wash.
Oh....and they have to march in a football game Saturday night. Got a feeling its going to be quieter than usual. LOL
I hate Hurricanes!!!! :crySC:

Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Oh, Gin! I hate hurricanes, too!
Go ahead and cry, sweetie!
God bless you with His peace, comfort and strength.
(After you cry. Ha!)

Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 7:19 pm

Oh that's awful, Gin! I'll be praying that God works everything out, and that your son ends up with an even better horn than he had to begin with. Chin up, sweetie! God knows that your son needs that horn, and He can provide one. {{{Gin}}} Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Oh Thats Terribel I Hope evrey thing works out

Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Jacobk10Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 8:37 pm

That's just aweful! Ranting
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:58 am

well, Nathan's band director called last night. He is looking through 6 hours of security footage to see if there is anyone on there. But after that the power was out in our area due to Ike. SO my guess is that is when the persons broke in.
In the meantime I'm looking for paperwork on the trumpet, so that I have proof that I had one. Stay tuned! GRRRRRRRRRR

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:54 pm

i hope you find the Papers

Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Jacobk10Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about this!! The band room was broken into at my son's high school two years ago too. Luckily we were one of the lucky ones, but a lot of people lost some more expensive instruments, like french horns. That is so so sad that people do this. Makes me sick to think these people at your school are most likely going ot get away with it. No

I hope you can come up with the paperwork for your son's trumpet!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:45 pm

I've called the company that we rented it from, and because it was already paid off they have no record of it.(they went out of business too in 2006 and the active accounts were turned over to a collection company) BUT we were paid off so we are no longer in the system. SO we are talking with a guy we found on ebay that refurbished the trumpet in 2007. He remembered us and will at least send the amount of the work he did and what he would sale it for finished as it was.
Its something, so hopefully the school will come through for us. If not, I might have to contact the newspaper and do a little article. Ranting

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane leftovers   Hurricane leftovers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane leftovers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2