Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella Empty
PostSubject: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:32 am

Here we go again. Blue Please beware everyone. One of the Brands listed, is one that we use. No Just to be on the safe side,I threw it away, and bought another brand.

FRANKLIN, Tenn. - Mars Petcare US announced a voluntary recall Friday of all dry pet food products produced at its plant in Everson, Pa. between Feb. 18 and July 29, citing potential contamination with salmonella.

Mars, in a news release, did not say how much pet food is involved, but said the recall reaches 31 states and various brands and said the action was taken as a precaution.

"Even though no direct link between products produced at the Everson plant and human or pet illness has been made, we are taking this precautionary action to protect pets and their owners," the company statement said.
Mars said it stopped production at the plant July 29 when it was alerted of a possible link between dry pet food produced in Everson and two isolated cases of people infected with salmonella.

Mars said salmonella can cause serious infections in dogs and cats and, if there is cross contamination caused by handling of the pet food, in humans also.

The company said consumers should look for "17" as the first two digits of the second line on the UPC for products affected. For Pedigree products, they should look for "PAE" on the bottom line. They can also call 1-877-568-4463 or consult http://www.petcare.mars.com.

The brand names include some items under the names Country Acres, Retriever, Doggy Bag, Members Mark, Natural, Ol' Roy, Special Kitty, Paws & Claws, Pedigree, Wegman's, Pet Pride, PMI Nutrition and Red Flannel.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:57 am

That's exactly what I was thinking, here we go again.

I checked the list and I do use Pedigree, which is the brand listed, but I use the senior dog food, which isn't listed. It still makes me nervous though. I can't believe this is happening again.

Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 am

Oh no! I don't use any of these listed, but it certainly does make you more alert to the problem existing. Very scary. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:18 am

Oh great...
I use Pedigree, I will check on the label of the bag... we just bought it like 2 days ago... No

Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Oh dear. Blue I have some of the food listed there. I better check for the "17" on the bag! Thank you, Susie!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Susie, thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Your welcome guys. I still can't believe this is happening again. mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella   Some dry pet foods recalled for salmonella Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1