Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings From Western Texas

Go down 
+6
Prairie Wind
JW
Savannah
bethandmanly
Carol
Misti
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Greetings From Western Texas Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 11:53 pm

I would have to assume I am not your 'typical' L.H.O.T.P. viewer. But then again maybe there is no such thing?

I guess one of the main reason(s) I would think I am 'not' your 'typical' person who would watch LHotP... would be I am not a christian or even a 'believer' of any sort when it comes to this whole notion of a 'god' or anything remotely close to or like that, a 'higher power' if you will.... its just not my bag... but I don't tell ppl they are wrong to believe that way or any other way, its to each their own as far as I am concerned when it comes to 'beliefs' and stuff of that nature.

Another reason I would think I am not your 'usual' viewer of LHotP would be I am a musician (bassist) in a 'Death Metal / Thrash Metal' (Deathrash) band, and that typicaly is definately not the person/people you would expect to even take a interest in a TV show like LHotP.

But... growing up I used to watch LHotP and so I kinda like it for the same reasons I like The Dukes Of Hazzard.... takes ya back to your younger years... too bad the world isn't more like it was on The Dukes of Hazzard and\or Little House on the Prarie... that would be alot better than it is now.

But,... thats my introduction... just thought I would drop in and say howdy. Thanks for the forum you have here, its really nice and focused.

I guess for anyone bored enough to take the time you can check out the band I jam with .... maybe there are a few metalheads here on this forum by chance...?

NEGATIVE OFFSET (Deathrash in style)
http://www.myspace.com/negativeoffsetdwg

WORM FOOD (former band, in a 'Sewer Metal' kind of style)
http://www.myspace.com/wormfoodtexas
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:39 am

Hey, welcome to the board!

I know what you mean about the older shows though do you ever watch some of them now and wonder, "What was I thinking???" :think: ROTFL

Oh well, I still enjoy LHOTP reruns! Anyway, once again...Welcome :lhotprules:

Greetings From Western Texas HummerGreetings From Western Texas MistiKeeperGreetings From Western Texas Bookclub5Greetings From Western Texas Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:19 am

Welcome to the forum.

Greetings From Western Texas Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 1:57 pm

Welcome aboard!

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 3:32 pm

Welcome! Welcome
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Greetings From Western Texas Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Welcome to the board. Wave
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Welcome to the Prairie

Greetings From Western Texas Jacobk10Greetings From Western Texas Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey there! Welcome to the prairie, metal head! :haha: I think that's the funniest term! But I do think it's great the way so many different types of people like LHOTP.

Greetings From Western Texas Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Welcome to the Prairie, txz045. 0'45... is that Irish? batEyes

txz045 wrote:
I don't tell ppl they are wrong to believe that way or any other way, its to each their own as far as I am concerned when it comes to 'beliefs' and stuff of that nature.

I think you'll find most of us here are the same way. Just because we're all Druids doesn't mean we expect others to share our beliefs. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Greetings From Western Texas LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Welcome, txz045! Wave

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:29 am

Welcome to the Prairie. I don't think there's any such thing as a 'typical' Little House' fan. Take Larry for instance.............................................but that's another story! :haha: Welcome

Greetings From Western Texas MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:04 am

Rob wrote:
I think you'll find most of us here are the same way. Just because we're all Druids doesn't mean we expect others to share our beliefs. Whistle

Well now that's right, Rob! I was thinking the very same thing. grinsmiley

Greetings From Western Texas Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Greetings From Western Texas Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 8:07 am

Prairie Wind wrote:
Well now that's right, Rob! I was thinking the very same thing. grinsmiley

That's kind of scary. Whistle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Rob, TXZ045 is to my knowledge somehow related to the National Weather Radar sector for this region (Gaines County, Texas). I chose that as my screename quite sometime ago.

Thanks again for the nice welcome.... gotta run for now.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:15 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
Welcome to the Prairie. I don't think there's any such thing as a 'typical' Little House' fan. Take Larry for instance.............................................but that's another story! :haha: Welcome

ROTFL

Greetings From Western Texas Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 pm

Welcome to the board...... Wave

My oldest son is in a band called GAMIS....he plays guitar and does vocals as well. Here is the link to their GAMIS MySpace....

GAMIS

Greetings From Western Texas Rhonda10Greetings From Western Texas Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:50 pm

Rhonda, where did the name GAMIS come from? I've always been curious about that.

Also, is it pronounced GAMM-iss or GAME-iss?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Greetings From Western Texas Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:54 pm

It is pronounced GAMM-iss and not real sure where they got the name.....they were driving down the road trying to come up with a name for the group...they started out as Tailgunner, but as the band changed members a couple of times and added more, they came up with GAMIS.......it suits them well!!! They wanted something no one else had.....
Greetings From Western Texas 36_1_27

Greetings From Western Texas Rhonda10Greetings From Western Texas Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 12:06 pm

Will check the linkage out, thanks again for all the nice replies.

I'm wondering if anyones eardrums exploded when they listened to my bands music? haha.....
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:28 pm

txz045 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Rob, TXZ045 is to my knowledge somehow related to the National Weather Radar sector for this region (Gaines County, Texas). I chose that as my screename quite sometime ago.

Thanks again for the nice welcome.... gotta run for now.

Don't mind Rob! In the "sitcom" world, he would be what we like to call our "wacky neighbor!" ROTFL

Greetings From Western Texas HummerGreetings From Western Texas MistiKeeperGreetings From Western Texas Bookclub5Greetings From Western Texas Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:31 pm

txz045 wrote:
Will check the linkage out, thanks again for all the nice replies.

I'm wondering if anyones eardrums exploded when they listened to my bands music? haha.....

Well, my sound card went out on my computer so my exploding eardrums will have to wait! grinsmiley Nice to see a fellow Texan on here. I live around the SA area. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Western Texas   Greetings From Western Texas Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Western Texas
Page 1 of 1