Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TV Proplem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : TV Proplem Happy011

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: TV Proplem   TV Proplem EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Does anyone know why we can't Watch Fox Anymore? Like once we were abel to Watch Fox nice and Clear but since a Coupel of months ago we can't watch anything anymore the screen is just blue do we need a Converter Box Already?

TV Proplem Jacobk10TV Proplem Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
TV Proplem Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : TV Proplem Happy010

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Proplem   TV Proplem EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:17 pm

No, Canada won't need the converter boxes til 2011. Is your tv connected to a dvd or vcr? If it is, you can check to make sure that the dvd/vcr is set to the"TV" setting, and not the "Cable" setting. That's what usually causes the blue screen to appear on my Dad's tv. Then he'll call for me to come fix it. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : TV Proplem Goodsi10

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Proplem   TV Proplem EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:22 pm

Is it just your set, Jacob, or do other people have the same problem?

Hope it's fixed before American Idol starts... OhMy
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : TV Proplem Purple2

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Proplem   TV Proplem EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi Jacob,

We have had a situation in our area that I am sure doesn't apply to you guys but maybe it's the Fox network in general. One of our cable networks here in the Green Bay area didn't renew it's contract with our local Fox 11 affiliate. Time warner cable refused to pay the Fox network for their broadcast signal because in their eyes if you didn't have cable or satellite and just had the basic tv (local tv stations) you get the signal for free. So why should they have to start paying for it and therefore pass the expense onto their cable customers.

So the fued goes on and the Fox station was removed from their cable programming. Their solution is a switch to attach to your tv set and a reception box (rabbit ears). The cable company is supplying both gadgets free to their subscribers and anytime they want to watch "FOX" they switch over to basic tv and adjust the reception with their box.

It's a hassle for the customers thats for sure. I don't know maybe FOX is starting to bill everyone for their signal and your cable company is refusing too??

You mentioned you had a blue screen though and from what I am hearing regarding this issue in our area the screen went black. So I have a feeling Savannah might be on track as to the real reason.

Good Luck,
Lorrie

TV Proplem Dd4
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Proplem   TV Proplem EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Savannah wrote:
No, Canada won't need the converter boxes til 2011. Is your tv connected to a dvd or vcr? If it is, you can check to make sure that the dvd/vcr is set to the"TV" setting, and not the "Cable" setting. That's what usually causes the blue screen to appear on my Dad's tv. Then he'll call for me to come fix it. grinsmiley

I Would't be Suprise if that was the Proplem Cause my Niece knows that the Red Bottom Turns the TV On lol so once it's on she presses till we take the remote away lol

But How do you Set to the TV Setting or the Cabel Setting? :think:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
TV Proplem Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : TV Proplem Happy010

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Proplem   TV Proplem EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Check your remote. It may have a button on it that says cable/tv or something similar....like antennae or whatever. If that doesn't work, look on the vcr/dvd player itself. There may be a button on the front that you can push that will set it back to antennae. You can also look on your tv itself, and there may be a little button to push to set it to an antennae, rather than cable.

Also, do you know if, as Rob asked, anyone else you know is having the same trouble? If they are, then the trouble isn't with your tv or dvd/vcr.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Proplem   TV Proplem EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Well my Sisters House she Lives 15 mins away and she can Watch somedays but not very clear and my Cousin He Lives on the Same Street that we do and he can't watch either and my Brother Lives 10 min away from us and He has an Antena on the Roof and he can watch i think 5 or 6 Channels VERY Clear including Fox and my other brother lives in the same town and he Can watch fox aswell but not very clear so i don't know i wonder if it might help if we would get a Converter Box like would we get any signal then?

Rob I Hoping to that it will be working again by the Time American Idol Comes Thats why i am so Desprat now lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV Proplem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Proplem   TV Proplem Empty

Back to top Go down

TV Proplem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: