Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A small Little House moment

Go down 
+3
Lily
bethandmanly
Savannah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A small Little House moment Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : A small Little House moment Happy010

A small Little House moment Empty
PostSubject: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:26 pm

I thought this was pretty cool! (Of course........You know me...Everything fascinates me. I'm like a little kid! :haha: )

We're having a Missions Conference this week at my church. I knew that one of the speakers was working in Hungary, and was originally from America. But when he spoke tonight, he mentioned that he was a Little House on the Prairie man. He said that, and then added "Really! I grew up in Walnut Grove." :lhotprules: So, anyway.....That's my Little House moment. :fyi:
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A small Little House moment Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:12 pm

How cool is that. I mean, how many people do you meet that say they are from Walnut Grove, MN.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
A small Little House moment LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : A small Little House moment Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:26 pm

This is so cool!! My boss and one of my male co-workers are both LH fans. Here are two guys in suits, chatting about LH with me from time to time. :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : A small Little House moment Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:27 am

That is SOO Cool I Would't mind Living there my self it felt like nice Small Town i think the Population was 599

A small Little House moment Jacobk10A small Little House moment Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : A small Little House moment Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:42 am

That's cool Savannah! Always so wild when you hear an 'everyday' reference to Little House. I probably already mentioned this once here, but I had wanted to buy a house once just because the address would be "Walnut Grove Street"! :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 am

Savannah wrote:
. He said that, and then added "Really! I grew up in Walnut Grove."

Thumbsup Pretty neat.
It's cool when you hear people mention something related to LHOTP. Some weeks ago I was in line with my cousin buying a sandwich at Quiznos and my cousin's friend came in and they started talking, I wasn't really paying attention but then she said, "Oh, I just got back from Walnut Grove". That made me turn my head around. Laughing

A small Little House moment Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 1:47 pm

That's awesome! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 2:37 am

:woohooo:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:19 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:56 pm

I had a chance to talk to the speaker for a length of time tonight at dinner. (We had our International Dinner at church, and he came and sat with my family) So, we got around to talking about Walnut Grove, and Laura and such.... (You *know* I had to do that) And he said that his Dad had played a major part in getting the ball rolling for the LIW museum - and that his Mom had corresponded with Laura for quite a while. Their family donated some of the letters to the museum. It was quite an interesting evening. Thumbsup

And I am STUFFED. I had to try a little food from each country, you know. I'd hate to be rude and snub a country. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:58 pm

Oh I would loved to be a Fly on that Dinner Table lol That just sounds so Interesting

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 pm

If you'd have been a fly on the table, I'd have squished you. batEyes

:Hahaha: Yes, it really was very interesting.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Laughing Savannah You're so Mean well like Anne Shirley Would say i guess that would be a Romantic way to Parish for Fly ROTFL

I hope i get to Go back to Walnut Grove Yet someday

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : A small Little House moment Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 10:36 pm

Wow, that's awesome Savannah. How cool that she wrote to Laura herself. I wouldn't part with those letters!!!

A small Little House moment MarilynKeeper A small Little House moment Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A small Little House moment   A small Little House moment Empty

Back to top Go down

A small Little House moment
Page 1 of 1