HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Duggar family update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Smile but yikes if the mother had health problems thats not good


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:37 pm

That was in the paper yesterday. Seriously though, isn't it a record for most number of children??
Also aren't they gonna run out of J names? batEyes


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5918
Location : Curled up with a great book.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Nah... J lo for a girl and josaphat for a boy. After that then they can stop.




It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:22 pm

No Jezebel yet? greenS


Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6


Number of posts : 2526
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Rhonda, Michelle Duggar had this same condition during her second pregnancy with twins Jana and John David. If she had stopped then for that reason, she would have been missing out on the blessing of 16 other children.
I enjoy watching this show because they are not afraid of proclaiming the gospel of Christ. I can't think of any other show that openly confesses their faith and are not afraid to do so. I personally wouldn't care to birth 20 children but if they believe that the Lord is in control and will provide, I'm not about to judge.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6


Number of posts : 2526
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:35 pm

Somehow I don't think that Jose (pronounced Ho-say) and Juanita (pronounced Wa-nita) will make the names list. Even tho they both start with a J, they don't sound like the other J names.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8653
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm sorry but I doubt it's the Lord's decision for them to have 20 kids.

When her husband said he didn't want to stop at an odd number and "I don't know how this could have happened" and laughed... I wanted to slap him across the face and send him sliding across the floor.

No

The youngest child, Josie, was delivered prematurely at 25 weeks because Michelle was suffering from preeclampsia, a condition that consists of multiple symptoms that severely endanger both the mother and baby. Along with other preemie issues, 1 lb., 6 oz Josie suffered from several digestive disorders. She’s now home but she still requires a great degree of care, and her vital signs had to be monitored 24/7 for several months.

The family underwent a great deal of stress, but 43-year-old Michelle is ready for more children, telling this week’s People “I’m not pregnant right now. But that could change tomorrow or the next day or next week. That is out of my hands.

If they feel the need to please the Lord, why not ADOPT a child in need of love?

Also, they rely on sponsorships. Their home was built for them—Jim Bob or whatever he goes by did not get a job, go to the bank, secure a mortgage, and make the monthly payment on an 8,000 SQFT home. They rely upon their celebrity status to support their lifestyle. They get pretty good paychecks from their TLC show, books, media interviews and other business opportunities brought about by their fame. Why do you think they were on the show announcing the birth of another kid? I could care less... but they care because they need money.

There is also the question of how two people can care for so many children, even Michelle and Jim Bob will agree that two people can’t. The older children, specifically the girls, are the ones who take over many of the child-rearing duties. Star Magazine spoke to the oldest girl recently, 20-year-old Jana, who admitted to “struggling with attitude toward different family members.” The magazine claimed that Jana and her 19-year-old sister Jill have more than their share of parental responsibilities for the other children. They’re said to oversee all the meals, laundry (and sewing homemade clothes), homeschooling, diapers, haircuts, and more for their siblings.

I really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY feel sorry for the girls. I'm so glad I'm not a Duggar.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:19 pm

So they don't work? The T.V show and other stuff pays for theire food.

I'Am not judging them or anything. If having kids makes them happy then Good for them.It's theire life and theire choice.

I guess i just don't think id want that many children.For me that be too much work and i couldn't handle it. In this time of world we live in.It be hard to aford all of them.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8653
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Carol wrote:
I really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY feel sorry for the girls. I'm so glad I'm not a Duggar.

Okay so I many have gone overboard with that last statement lol It's just that man... that's quite a big family and the girls really take on a huge part of raising the little ones.

Yes, I'm positive they get money from their show... they have enough to travel and do all sorts of things... they travel more than I do


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3333
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:44 am

Congrats to the Duggar family. I heard Michelle is due in April (So is my older sister.)


Every year on my birthday, I wanted so many kids. like my age. So, Im 29. I should have 29 kids. laugh3 (That is a joke.)




Lil' Webbies Reading Psalm 23
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:34 pm

i wounder if she will try for 40 kids


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:35 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
i wounder if she will try for 40 kids

Darn no. thud


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah. maybe not give any ideas.

But i don't think she's gonna stop any time soon.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Amy wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
...and that was when the world was starting, now that there is 7,000,000,000 people in the world, having this many children is not necessary....just my opinion.... scratchead
Or responsible. Couldn't agree more with your post, Rhonda.
Oh and of course Michelle had something to say about overpopulation, but I don't remember exactly what it was. In my opinion, I personally think they should just Stop . I think with the tv that may have something to do with "spurring them on." They make sure & are on the Today Show to make each big announcement & to "reveal" the sex of the baby.

And from what Michelle said herself, the newborn is with her the first year & after that is assigned a "buddy" among the older children to keep an eye on them. The main thing is I think if you want to have kids that is great, but when you are in the delivery room after the birth of the current & already "planning' the next one, that speaks volumes.

And it also irks me that they use no protection but are leaving that up to God...I won't even get started on that.

But I do think she has had all these kids, singles & twins, she is a 45 year old woman & her body has got to be warn out! I can only hope this is the last child....we shall see! soapbox



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."


Last edited by Misti on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Carol wrote:
I'm sorry but I doubt it's the Lord's decision for them to have 20 kids.

When her husband said he didn't want to stop at an odd number and "I don't know how this could have happened" and laughed... I wanted to slap him across the face and send him sliding across the floor.

No

The youngest child, Josie, was delivered prematurely at 25 weeks because Michelle was suffering from preeclampsia, a condition that consists of multiple symptoms that severely endanger both the mother and baby. Along with other preemie issues, 1 lb., 6 oz Josie suffered from several digestive disorders. She’s now home but she still requires a great degree of care, and her vital signs had to be monitored 24/7 for several months.

The family underwent a great deal of stress, but 43-year-old Michelle is ready for more children, telling this week’s People “I’m not pregnant right now. But that could change tomorrow or the next day or next week. That is out of my hands.

If they feel the need to please the Lord, why not ADOPT a child in need of love?

Also, they rely on sponsorships. Their home was built for them—Jim Bob or whatever he goes by did not get a job, go to the bank, secure a mortgage, and make the monthly payment on an 8,000 SQFT home. They rely upon their celebrity status to support their lifestyle. They get pretty good paychecks from their TLC show, books, media interviews and other business opportunities brought about by their fame. Why do you think they were on the show announcing the birth of another kid? I could care less... but they care because they need money.

There is also the question of how two people can care for so many children, even Michelle and Jim Bob will agree that two people can’t. The older children, specifically the girls, are the ones who take over many of the child-rearing duties. Star Magazine spoke to the oldest girl recently, 20-year-old Jana, who admitted to “struggling with attitude toward different family members.” The magazine claimed that Jana and her 19-year-old sister Jill have more than their share of parental responsibilities for the other children. They’re said to oversee all the meals, laundry (and sewing homemade clothes), homeschooling, diapers, haircuts, and more for their siblings.

I really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY feel sorry for the girls. I'm so glad I'm not a Duggar.
You never, ever see THAT discussed on the show, do you? Carol, well said! Applause Applause Applause Applause



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Ya..Maybe they should get a nanny.Then the children can enjoy being children. Smile


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8653
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:41 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Ya..Maybe they should get a nanny.Then the children can enjoy being children. Smile

I think even Mary Poppins would fly away with her umbrella! greenS

Oh dear no. I don't have that many spoons full of sugar! Goodbyeeeeeeeeeeee!


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13370
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Misti wrote:
And it also irks me that they use no protection but are leaving that up to God...I won't even get started on that.


Well, the thing is, I appreciate the fact they don't want to be on birth control pills, because there are lot of negatives when it comes to those. BUT, there ARE other ways of preventing pregnancy, both natural rythym method and otherwise. Whistle To say the Lord is solely granting them all these pregnancies is just silly. Certainly by now, they know exactly what it causing them, ahem, and what they did to ensure it would happen. Like Michelle, I'm a fertile Myrtil myself, and am not on BC pills, and yet amazingly I haven't been pregnant 20 times! scratchead Wow, how is that possible?! Yikes So, I'm just saying, I highly doubt that most of their pregnancies weren't planned, and if they weren't, they at least didn't follow 'precaution' during those times they knew it would be a huge possibility. I wish they'd 'own' that instead of just disregarding that they have much say in it and that God is granting them all these babies and they have no 'say' in it. I assure you all, they DO. Ok, off my soapbox now. soapbox



Carol wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Ya..Maybe they should get a nanny.Then the children can enjoy being children. Smile

I think even Mary Poppins would fly away with her umbrella! greenS

Oh dear no. I don't have that many spoons full of sugar! Goodbyeeeeeeeeeeee!



Carol!! HeeHee I would have to agree with you---Mary would run for the hills for sure! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8653
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Amy wrote:
I assure you all, they DO. Ok, off my soapbox now. soapbox

SAY it sistah!! *raises hand in the air* Laughing

Michelle Duggar: “We would love more! I’m 43 almost 44 this September, I know that my mommy years are probably numbered and I don’t know how many more children God will see fit to give me.”


I can't believe how she speaks sometimes. If that were the case, she makes God look like he favors certain couples. What about the couples that try and try and can't... is God punishing THEM? No, that's not the case. What makes her and Jim Bob more special than Abraham & Sarah who only had ONE child (Isaac)? Abraham was even called "God's friend" It is NOT God that is "giving" her all these kids. God gave us free will and WE choose what we want in life. Like Jim Bob said... THEY didn't want to stop at an odd number.




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:42 pm

I guess your right Carol
Laughing

I agree with you both. I feel so bad for the people who WANT children but can't have any.

I was kind of thinking that they planned out a head that they want this many children. Not that it was "gods" plane for them.

Are they amish?


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23096
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Not Amish. Baptist I think.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37800
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:56 pm

oh.I just pictured them amish for some reason. Smile


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8653
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 pm

I heard they are part of the QuiverFull movement:

http://www.quiverfull.com/



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Amy wrote:
Well, the thing is, I appreciate the fact they don't want to be on birth control pills, because there are lot of negatives when it comes to those. BUT, there ARE other ways of preventing pregnancy, both natural rythym method and otherwise. Whistle To say the Lord is solely granting them all these pregnancies is just silly. Certainly by now, they know exactly what it causing them, ahem, and what they did to ensure it would happen. Like Michelle, I'm a fertile Myrtil myself, and am not on BC pills, and yet amazingly I haven't been pregnant 20 times! scratchead Wow, how is that possible?! Yikes So, I'm just saying, I highly doubt that most of their pregnancies weren't planned, and if they weren't, they at least didn't follow 'precaution' during those times they knew it would be a huge possibility. I wish they'd 'own' that instead of just disregarding that they have much say in it and that God is granting them all these babies and they have no 'say' in it. I assure you all, they DO. Ok, off my soapbox now. soapbox
Well said, Amy! fiesta



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53785
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm all for big families, but honestly I have some serious issues with this because the parents aren't bringing the kids up. Their older siblings are doing most of the "parenting". And I have no problem with kids in the family helping out and doing chores - I believe that it builds character as well as self-confidence. But having chores isn't the same as having the adult responsibility of caring for children being placed on young girls. If the Duggars truly believe that God gave them the children, then they should be bringing them up - not putting the bulk of the responsibility on their older kids. How much time can they spend with each child? How can they properly teach them all that they need to know when there are so many who are depending on them? I have to admit, though, that I have a hard time being level-headed about this, because it seems to me as if they don't cherish the baby they *have*, they seem to. . . constantly crave the next one. You know? It's as if they're almost addicted to pregnancy. And I totally understand loving kids - I love children deeply and always wanted a child of my own...But it's neglectful to continue to have children and then put the responsibility of raising them on someone else's shoulders, no matter who that person is or how nice they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Today at 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
Duggar family update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Duggar family update
» Written Update Amita Ka Amit 17May-The Evil Family at workUPTD
» Saraswathichandra Written Update 3-9-13
» Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir - Written Update - 12th December 2013
» . Saraswatichandra Written Update 19Jul13..."The eternal soulmates,so close yet so far"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: