HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Duggar family update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5255
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Very well said, Savannah!! I totally agree.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Savannah wrote:
I'm all for big families, but honestly I have some serious issues with this because the parents aren't bringing the kids up. Their older siblings are doing most of the "parenting". And I have no problem with kids in the family helping out and doing chores - I believe that it builds character as well as self-confidence. But having chores isn't the same as having the adult responsibility of caring for children being placed on young girls. If the Duggars truly believe that God gave them the children, then they should be bringing them up - not putting the bulk of the responsibility on their older kids. How much time can they spend with each child? How can they properly teach them all that they need to know when there are so many who are depending on them? I have to admit, though, that I have a hard time being level-headed about this, because it seems to me as if they don't cherish the baby they *have*, they seem to. . . constantly crave the next one. You know? It's as if they're almost addicted to pregnancy. And I totally understand loving kids - I love children deeply and always wanted a child of my own...But it's neglectful to continue to have children and then put the responsibility of raising them on someone else's shoulders, no matter who that person is or how nice they are.
Thumbsup



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Misti wrote:
Savannah wrote:
I'm all for big families, but honestly I have some serious issues with this because the parents aren't bringing the kids up. Their older siblings are doing most of the "parenting". And I have no problem with kids in the family helping out and doing chores - I believe that it builds character as well as self-confidence. But having chores isn't the same as having the adult responsibility of caring for children being placed on young girls. If the Duggars truly believe that God gave them the children, then they should be bringing them up - not putting the bulk of the responsibility on their older kids. How much time can they spend with each child? How can they properly teach them all that they need to know when there are so many who are depending on them? I have to admit, though, that I have a hard time being level-headed about this, because it seems to me as if they don't cherish the baby they *have*, they seem to. . . constantly crave the next one. You know? It's as if they're almost addicted to pregnancy. And I totally understand loving kids - I love children deeply and always wanted a child of my own...But it's neglectful to continue to have children and then put the responsibility of raising them on someone else's shoulders, no matter who that person is or how nice they are.
Thumbsup

Totally agree. I think their fame has got to their heads.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 pm

I read on your website. One person, said hopefully after this baby is born. She'll be on menopause, very soon.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13379
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Teresa wrote:
Very well said, Savannah!! I totally agree.

Me too....I think you nailed it Savannah. I know Michelle denies that she's 'addicted to pregnancy', but it IS strange that they just can't seem to wait to have the next child. If every child is a gift, as they say, shouldn't they cherish them completely beyond just infancy? Don't get me wrong, I totally believe they love ALL their kids, I'm not saying they don't. But loving and nurturing are two very different things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5255
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Yes, you are so right, Amy!!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm

My post disappeared here. scratchead This thing has gone overboard and my opinion is that the Duggars have let fame get to their heads.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13379
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Hmm, strange---I can still see your post Alex. Right after Misti's and before Buttercup's---is that the one you're refering to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Amy wrote:
Hmm, strange---I can still see your post Alex. Right after Misti's and before Buttercup's---is that the one you're refering to?


My bad; I forgot where it was. Ooops


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52514
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Amy wrote:
refering

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13379
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Fife, quick on the draw tonight! I was just going to correct that! OhMy

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52514
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm jumpy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13379
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 pm

I guess! greenS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:08 pm

I agree too. You read my mind on this.

do the parents expect the children to have this many children has well?



“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:31 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I agree too. You read my mind on this.

do the parents expect the children to have this many children has well?


Well, if they do, that's 400 grandchildren and 8,000 great grandchildren...and so on...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5255
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Some of them may not even want to have kids because they feel like they've "raised" enough. Ha! My husband and I have joked about that before.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:26 pm

alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I agree too. You read my mind on this.

do the parents expect the children to have this many children has well?


Well, if they do, that's 400 grandchildren and 8,000 great grandchildren...and so on...


400 grandchildren. OhMy Grandma & grandpa needs move to a castle.


How rare is to have Aunt younger than you? or is it some common.

I know, my mom is the same age as my older cousin (Since his my mom got pregnant @ 16.) My Aunt & my late grandma was pregnant @ the same time, back in 1955/1956. my mom just few days older than her nephew.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Buttercup wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I agree too. You read my mind on this.

do the parents expect the children to have this many children has well?


Well, if they do, that's 400 grandchildren and 8,000 great grandchildren...and so on...


400 grandchildren. OhMy Grandma & grandpa needs move to a castle.


How rare is to have Aunt younger than you? or is it some common.

I know, my mom is the same age as my older cousin (Since his my mom got pregnant @ 16.) My Aunt & my late grandma was pregnant @ the same time, back in 1955/1956. my mom just few days older than her nephew.

Well my cousin has an uncle a few years younger than he is.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Smile that be a whole lot of grandchildren.LOL

Well,Maybe this will be theire last child? lol


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards


Number of posts : 9006
Location : Life is short! embrace it with a SMILE.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:41 am

Buttercup wrote:
How rare is to have Aunt younger than you? or is it some common.

In my Religion it is very common to have Aunts or Uncles same age as you, My Mom has a Nephew Two weeks younger then her the interesting thing is my Aunt had't even known that my Grandma was Expecting as well till my mom was born Laughing Back in the day i guess they did't talk about stuff like that Smile


Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53817
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:43 am

JW wrote:
Buttercup wrote:
How rare is to have Aunt younger than you? or is it some common.

In my Religion it is very common to have Aunts or Uncles same age as you, My Mom has a Nephew Two weeks younger then her the interesting thing is my Aunt had't even known that my Grandma was Expecting as well till my mom was born Back in the day i guess they did't talk about stuff like that

My youngest aunt is two years younger than my oldest brother. And she's only a few years older than I am. She was always more like a cousin than an aunt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 853
Location : USA
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:35 am

I know a few people who were aunts when they were born. It happens sometimes in larger families or even when children are simply born far apart.


At least the Duggars aren't on welfare! That would grate me!
I am also glad that having twenty kids isn't a result of being divorced and remarried a few times...

Twenty kids is a lot! I grew up in a family of nine (would have been eleven had it not been for two miscarriages) and nine was plenty big enough!
I do feel sorry for the younger children as I don't think they'll ever really know their older siblings very well. My oldest brother was almost seventeen when I was born and I have no recollection of his living at home. We can honestly say that we have never fought! I can't say that with all of my brothers!
But even then I only clearly have childhood memories of my brothers who are ten and fewer years older than myself.


I certainly don't think a person should have twenty kids, mainly for the fact of how hard it must be on her body as well as how hard it must be on the children. I would prefer someone naturally conceiving twenty kids than someone conceiving eight children due to meddling with doctors...


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avonleavignettes.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13379
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
At least the Duggars aren't on welfare! That would grate me!


Nope, they have done quite well for themselves, and I will give them credit for a lot of that. Some of it is from very hard work, plus living smart and living WELL below their means for many many years. They're a good example in a lot of ways of how to live debt free. BUT, it's a known fact that they have used their children as child labor, including building their dream house (which they own debt free). They could not have built that without the HARD labor of their kids, nor could they have afforded it without that TV show, which is because of their kids. They say they would have finished the house anyway, but I don't believe that for a second, sorry. They needed the physical labor and the income they get from the kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm

I wounder if the kids will go on to college or if they have to stay on and take care of the kids.

True point amy.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 pm

There you go; she miscarried the wouldbe 20th baby.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20552173,00.html


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Duggar family update   Today at 1:09 am

Back to top Go down
 
Duggar family update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Duggar family update
» Written Update Amita Ka Amit 17May-The Evil Family at workUPTD
» Saraswathichandra Written Update 3-9-13
» Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir - Written Update - 12th December 2013
» . Saraswatichandra Written Update 19Jul13..."The eternal soulmates,so close yet so far"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Pen & Plow’s Entertainment Section :: Television, Movies & Hollywood News-
Jump to: