Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Theater production of Little House....coming soon!

Go down 
+7
bethandmanly
JW
I Love Dean
Lori
Savannah
Amy
Gin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Love-s10

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Empty
PostSubject: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 1:35 pm

I am totally excited to know that the Main Street Theater in Houston, Tx will be putting on a play called " A Little House Christmas." mainstreettheater.com
The dates are November 22-December 13th. This is not the production that Melissa Gilbert is in, but did notice that a little girl named Jennifer Gilbert will be playing Laura! LOL
I am really excited that this is so close to me and I plan to see it soon. Its great that Laura's stories are still touching people in so many different ways. Now if I could just use my camera in there I would be SO happy.
I promise to report on this after I see it. Smiles....Gin

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 12:44 am

Wow, that sounds like the perfect Christmas present for you this year Gin! Thumbsup Have fun, and yes---full report please! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 1:37 am

Oh, that's great, Gin!! I'm so glad for you! And I look forward to hearing all about it after you see the production.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 6:07 pm

That sounds like a great play to put you in a Christmas mood!

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:42 pm

How cool Gin, of course we will expect a full review from you. What a neat way to kick off your Christmas holiday. Have fun buddy!! Wave

I agree it's always nice to see creative ways to keep Laura's legacy alive.

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Dd4
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 12:20 am

HOW COOL FILL US IN ONCE YOU WENT

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Jacobk10HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:03 am

I'll have to remember to blog about this one tomorrow!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Ok...Its official. I have November 22nd tickets to see this play. Got awesome center seats too! I'll tell you all about it after Saturday!

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Enjoy, Gin and don't forget to report back!

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Hey, it's right around the corner! I hope you have a great time! Don't forget to give us all the details afterwards grinsmiley

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! ChristinaKeeper2 HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 12:53 am

Gin wrote:
Ok...Its official. I have November 22nd tickets to see this play. Got awesome center seats too! I'll tell you all about it after Saturday!

Have fun tomorrow!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Well.....today finally came! I was feeling like this was Christmas morning when I was a kid. Finally arrived with about two minutes to spare.....I was so scared I wasn't going to get in there in time.....TRAFFIC and an accident kept us from going very fast! Thats Houston for you.
The stage was tiny and within 6 ft of where I was sitting. SO I had full view of all going on.
The play began with a Thanksgiving dinner at the Ingalls home. They had invited Mrs. Oleson, and Nellie, Uncle George (Pa's brother that was in the war), Mr. Edwards, Cousins Peter and Nick. (Not sure if there really was a "Nick") Mrs. Oleson was eager to share "her" family recipes and constantly telling Nellie to pick up her skirts.
They had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal then fiddle music and dancing outside, all the while dealing with Nellie's flirting with Nick and talk of "country girls". Uncle George even joined in on the fun, although he was known to be extremely quite and distant since the war. Then due to rain moving in, the fun evening was cut short.
Over the next few weeks rains continued to make the creek rise and it was clear that Santa wouldn't be making it to the Ingalls for Christmas.
Mary and Laura were very disappointed, but Ma and Pa tried to explain to them that Santa is in the giving that we do and not just the things we recieve.
After a while the girls decide to make a gift for Ma and Pa. Mary had an apron that she altered for Ma and Laura made a tie for Pa out of a handkerchief.
Christmas morning came and Pa and Ma where happy to see that their daughters understood the talk they had given them the night before. It was then that loud pounding was heard at the door.
Pa opened it up to a half frozen Mr. Edwards in his longjohns. He warmed up and then told a tale of meeting up with Santa. The girls recieved gifts and then Mr. Edwards recieved a hot meal. The play ended with the decorating of the Christmas tree and thankfulness of shelter, family and friends.

I believe they tried to stay true to the books first as much as possible, but still bring in things that were familiar from the show. For instance....the "Come along, Nellie dear" that Mrs. Oleson always said.
The funniest thing to me was that Mr. Edwards was African american. He was tall, and lean as in the books. And as far as I'm concerned you couldn't have picked a better Mr. Edwards. He played the part up...from the way he called Charles "Ingalls" to the way he shivered coming into the house in his longjohns.
Pa even reminded me of Michael Landon. He sat at the table with Ma and told her in his worried tone that he couldn't get across the creek to retrieve that gifts he wanted to get for his girls. Ma was very kind just as Karen Grassle was in showing her girls its better to give than to recieve.
Mary....she was as helpful and kind as ever. Eager to be kind to Nellie even when Laura said to Ma she wished she could be mean to her. ( To ma's shock) This young lady was about in her 20's. She has chosen theater as her minor in college. She seemed bright and will I'm sure have many more plays in her future.
Laura.....was as full of energy as this stage would allow. She played her part so well and not a child in the seats moved while watching her. This young lady is out of college,but she played Laura well because of her size. She might have been 5 feet tall. A great half-pint.
I have a feeling this girl wants an acting career and just might do that soon.

I think the only thing I can say I wished they had done is more fiddle music and I would have loved to hear Mr. Edwards sing "Ole Dan Tucker". All in all ...Two Thumbs UP!
Thumbsup Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Great review, Gin! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm glad you had fun. Sounds like a great performance.

Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 9:29 pm

that sounds like it was a great play Gin! you gave an awesome review!!

HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theater production of Little House....coming soon!   HOUSE - Theater production of Little House....coming soon! Empty

Back to top Go down

Theater production of Little House....coming soon!
Page 1 of 1