HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 A nice start to the week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:52 pm

Oh Rob. :alright: You must have felt exactly like my dad did. He seriously had a hard time forgiving himself, even though we assured him it was our fault, not his. God knows my dad loves his football! Wink I'm sorry you 'lost' your beloved tape too; that is such a bummer. No And yeah, now Savannah has my curiousity up---was there any of your family video left on it?


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Amy wrote:
And yeah, now Savannah has my curiousity up---was there any of your family video left on it?

Only if Bob Newhart and Tom Poston are my long-lost relatives. grinsmiley No, the whole thing got taped over. But que sera sera... which is French for "I blame it on Savannah's frequent pannings." batEyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:01 pm

LOL Rob! grinsmiley And did you HAVE to say "Que sera sera"??? That was the song I always sang my boys when they were little! All this talk of lost video tapes is making me miss my oldest all the more!


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner


Number of posts : 1369
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:54 pm

Oh I loved that song when I was a little girl!


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
And yeah, now Savannah has my curiousity up---was there any of your family video left on it?

Only if Bob Newhart and Tom Poston are my long-lost relatives. grinsmiley No, the whole thing got taped over. But que sera sera... which is French for "I blame it on Savannah's frequent pannings." batEyes



Saaaaay.............I'm not fluent in French, but I'm pretty sure that's not what that means.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Amy wrote:
LOL Rob! grinsmiley And did you HAVE to say "Que sera sera"??? That was the song I always sang my boys when they were little! All this talk of lost video tapes is making me miss my oldest all the more!

:alright: {{{Amy}}}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
And yeah, now Savannah has my curiousity up---was there any of your family video left on it?

Only if Bob Newhart and Tom Poston are my long-lost relatives. grinsmiley No, the whole thing got taped over. But que sera sera... which is French for "I blame it on Savannah's frequent pannings." batEyes



Saaaaay.............I'm not fluent in French, but I'm pretty sure that's not what that means.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there, Savannah. Whistle :haha:

And thank you for comforting me. Wink Did you or Holly ever see the movie that song came from? Wasn't it "The Man Who Knew Too Much", or am I thinking of another Doris Day movie? And yes, Holly, I love that song too!


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:42 pm

Savannah wrote:
Saaaaay.............I'm not fluent in French, but I'm pretty sure that's not what that means.

Oh yes. Let me parse it for you...

Que="I"
Sera="Blame it on"
Sera="Savannah's frequent pannings"

Tomorrow we will cover the phrase: Mon ami Savannah est un dément.

batEyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:51 pm

Rob wrote:
Mon ami Savannah est un dément.

batEyes


I understood that. mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm pretty sure it means, "Let's take a nice walk in the park." Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 pm

Rob wrote:
I'm pretty sure it means, "Let's take a nice walk in the park." Wave


After that remark? You don't want to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 pm

How could I have forgotten to add: Frying pan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Whew, for a minute there I was afraid you'd stopped caring. stars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
"Beautiful Life"



Number of posts : 6784
Location : In the town shopping
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Aww Savannah, your niece and nephews are just adorable!! I can never say it enough!

Bad boy, Rob!



"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Thank you, Lily. Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
"Beautiful Life"



Number of posts : 6784
Location : In the town shopping
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:58 pm

You're welcome, Savannah. Wave



"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner


Number of posts : 1369
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:00 am

Amy, I'm pretty sure I've seen every Doris Day movie there is but again- it was a long time ago- probably late 80s. We had cable then and we had an old movie channel and I'd have movie marathons. It was sort of a time of celebration for me once all my kids were in school but then once the party was over, I decided to homeschool and have another baby! Go figure!


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Ah, another Doris Day fan! I honestly haven't seen too many, but I do like her. But "The Man Who Knew Too Much" actually played in our theater, back in 1985 or 86 or so...I was in high school and my sister took me to it, and I'm thinking it was that one that I heard Que Sera Sera. I wish they'd play old movies from time to time still in theaters---it was quite the experience, vs. watching at home!

And LOL, Holly, that 'party' didn't last too long, huh?! :haha:


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner


Number of posts : 1369
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Amy wrote:
Ah, another Doris Day fan! I honestly haven't seen too many, but I do like her. But "The Man Who Knew Too Much" actually played in our theater, back in 1985 or 86 or so...I was in high school and my sister took me to it, and I'm thinking it was that one that I heard Que Sera Sera. I wish they'd play old movies from time to time still in theaters---it was quite the experience, vs. watching at home!

And LOL, Holly, that 'party' didn't last too long, huh?! :haha:

Ya know what's so funny? ROTFL
I used to have this little day dream of myself when I was a little girl...
I would be dressed in the coolest of clothes, walking a white rabbitt on a gem studded leash and gliding around singing that song! ROTFL

Hey, as long as I can have a weird and vain imagination like that- the party's still goin' on! :haha:


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A nice start to the week   Today at 7:34 am

Back to top Go down
 
A nice start to the week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» How do you get the courage to start writing?
» Hi, nice to meet you guys.
» No Start---No Spark
» Bandai's Mai-Otome Omake translations [This week's Armitage!]
» Days of the Week Images

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: