Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Look who I met!

Go down 
+12
pamh36
Amy
Prairie Wind
Lori
bethandmanly
susansmoose
I Love Dean
Savannah
Rob
Teresa
Rhonda
JW
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 9:09 pm

I went to a Halloween Convention with my cousin a few weeks ago and was surprised to see Mr. Bevins there. I'm not familiar with the Halloween movies, so it was nice to have a star there who I knew.
Look who I met! Bevins

Last edited by N8S MOM on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Look who I met! Happy011

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Who is MR Bevins? :think:

Look who I met! Jacobk10Look who I met! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Look who I met! Purple2

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:27 pm

93. Season 5, Ep 4: The Man Inside

Laura befriends a classmate named Amelia Bevins, who is ashamed of her obese father. Despite the man's unfailing work ethic and generosity to everyone he meets (particularly with those at the blind school), Amelia denies any relation to him. Hurt by his daughter's emotions and determined not to bring shame upon his family, Mr. Bevins tells his wife he's going away on business and moves secretly into the blind school. When he is nearly killed in an accident, however, Amelia comes to grips with her mistakes and recognizes her true feelings for her loving father.

Look who I met! Rhonda10Look who I met! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Look who I met! Happy010

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Oh, how neat!! Thank you for posting the picture. Did you talk to him much about the Little House episode? I don't think I would have recognized him.

Look who I met! TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Look who I met! Goodsi10

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 pm

How cool! He looks good, and not as heavy as he was in the LHOP ep.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Look who I met! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 pm

How cool is THAT!! You're right, Rob. He looks like he's lost some weight.
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Look who I met! Purple2

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 11:40 pm

Very nice.. I didn't know who Mr. Bevins was either but now that you pointed it out to me I can definitely see it in his face. That is neat...

Look who I met! Dd4
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Look who I met! Happy011

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 12:22 am

Oh Right of course i looks thinner then he did on LHOTP Thanks for the Pic

Look who I met! Jacobk10Look who I met! Jacob210
Back to top Go down

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 11:32 am

The only reason I recognized him was because all the actors from the Halloween movies had old pictures on the table in front of them (to autograph). I wasn't all that interested in the actors, so I was just looking around at all the pictures as I passed by the tables. I saw his picture, looked right at him, and said "You were on Little House." He smiled and said "yes I was."

He talked to me for a little bit about working on the show and how great Michael Landon was. I joked with him and told him that I was probably the ONLY person at the Halloween Convention who knew him from Little House. I also went on to tell him how I was probably the only person at a football event who gave Merlin Olson a Little House DVD to autograph. He got a chuckle out of that story.

And yes, he was a lot smaller than when he was on the show.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Since all of the actors from the Halloween movies were there, did you see Jamie Lee Curtis? She was the heart and soul of the "Halloween" movies. Well, I guess just parts 1 and 2, and then the Halloween movie they did for the 20 year anniversary. Was the actor that played Michael Myers there? The first Halloween movie was my favorite. I can picture Mr. Bevins in the second movie as a security guard at the hospital. LOL!!

Look who I met! TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : Look who I met! Xmassm5

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 1:57 pm

looks like you had a great time, n8s mom and thanks rhonda for the reminder...
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 2:22 pm

Teresa - Jamie Lee Curtis was not there.

I went with my cousin who is a HUGE Halloween fan and she said that there were a lot of Michael Myers there (apparently a lot of different guys played him).

I'm not familiar with the movies or most of the actors who were in them. But I do know that PJ Soles was there. She's the only "big name" that I know of besides Mr. Bevins, of course. LOL!

If you ask my cousin, she could tell you all the "big names" who were there.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Look who I met! Bokmal10

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 3:26 pm

That's so neat. Thanks for sharing.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 8:59 pm

That is great that you got to meet him. I bet your glad you went to the convention even though you were not interested in the Halloween movies.

Look who I met! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Look who I met! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:18 pm

N8S MOM wrote:
I went to a Halloween Convention with my cousin a few weeks ago and was surprised to see Mr. Bevins there. I'm not familiar with the Halloween movies, so it was nice to have a star there who I knew.
Look who I met! Bevins

In the excitement of who you got to meet, I totally forgot that I was going to mention that you look gorgeous in that picture!
Back to top Go down

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:13 pm

AWWWW SHUCKS! Thank you. :shy:
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Oh! I love Mr. Bevins. That eppie always makes me CRY!!!!

Look who I met! Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Look who I met! Love-s10

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Yes, Steph, you look great! And it's nice to 'see' you on the board too Wave ...stop in more often if you can! Wink

So cool that you got to meet Mr. Bevins and even talk to him for awhile! That must have made your whole day! He hasn't changed much, really...he looks like a sweet guy.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:24 pm

That's wonderfull! I enjoyed the episode with Mr. Bevin's in it. It looks like he is doing well. What a great picture; thanks for sharing it.

Look who I met! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Teresa wrote:
I can picture Mr. Bevins in the second movie as a security guard at the hospital. LOL!!

Laughing Yep!

Look who I met! Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:08 pm

Wow, that's really neat! He looks like a very sweet man too. I hadn't realized he was in a Halloween movie, but then again I've only seen one of them (and I don't remember which at the moment, I'm not big on horror movies, LOL). Thanks for sharing the picture!

Look who I met! ChristinaKeeper2 Look who I met! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:28 am

neat piccie ...thank you for sharing .....and ty rhonda for placing him for me

indixxx
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 9:26 pm

that is so cool that you got to meet him! you look really pretty!

Look who I met! Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Look who I met! Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:35 pm

Hard to think of him being in a horror movie after seeing him as Mr. Bevins. I have never seen any of the Halloween movies.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Look who I met! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look who I met!   Look who I met! Empty

Back to top Go down

Look who I met!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: LHOTP Series & Cast Members-
Jump to: