Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland

Go down 
+2
Rhonda
bethandmanly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Bokmal10

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Empty
PostSubject: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:08 am

In an interesting twist, USA Today and several other sources have reported that Finland is banning children from watching Little House on the Prairie. There is a link at my blog to the article, but the jist is that Universal Pictures refused to spend a ton of money to have the series reviewed, so the DVDs now carry a sticker with a "Banned for under-18s" on them.

You'll find my post here: http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/2008/11/little-house-dvds-banned-in-finland.html

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:38 am

Oh now, that is ridiculous!!!! I realize there are some episodes (Sylvia) that might not be good for younger children, but to say 18 and under?!?!? MY WORD!!! OhMy

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Rhonda10LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:44 pm

I guess they mark any unreviewewed content that way. It would have cost Universal thousands to have it reviewed according to the articles I found, so they opted not to do it.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Purple2

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:34 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I guess they mark any unreviewewed content that way. It would have cost Universal thousands to have it reviewed according to the articles I found, so they opted not to do it.

Either this is a new word, or Rob will be in to Fife you in a bit....... ROTFL

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Rhonda10LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Happy010

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Wow...

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
unreviewewed

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Ec6c84422835
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Rob wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:
unreviewewed

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Ec6c84422835

Hey listen you, I probably got less :sleep: all week than you did last night, so leave me alone. Frying pan Laughing

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:17 pm

I wouldn't bet on that....Rhonda's a cat napper! :sleep:

As far as the dvd's......That is crazy....its amazing how lazy people are. All they would have to do is ask about a million of us crazy fans. We could have told them how old we were when we watched LH and we aren't messed up! Well....some of us! BUT STILL!

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Gin wrote:
I wouldn't bet on that....Rhonda's a cat napper! :sleep:

As far as the dvd's......That is crazy....its amazing how lazy people are. All they would have to do is ask about a million of us crazy fans. We could have told them how old we were when we watched LH and we aren't messed up! Well....some of us! BUT STILL!

grinsmiley I agree! If anything, it's one of few family-friendly shows available on TV and DVD - especially in this day and age.

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland ChristinaKeeper2 LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:46 am

That's atrocious!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland   LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOP DVDs ban for children in Finland
Page 1 of 1