Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Lights

Go down 
+3
bethandmanly
Amy
JW
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : christmas - Christmas Lights Happy011

christmas - Christmas Lights Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:38 pm

When are you Putting up your Christmas Lights outside? I Want to put them up this week yet but we don't turn them on till Dezember 1 of course but i'm scared that it'll be very cold by that time i'll do now already

christmas - Christmas Lights Jacobk10christmas - Christmas Lights Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : christmas - Christmas Lights Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:44 pm

We should have done ours during our 70 degree heat-wave just a couple weeks ago. Now it's already snowy and freezing! I'll be doing mine soon...it means crawling through the storage area to find the box though! You'd think I'd learn to put those in the FRONT of the storage area! :unsure:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : christmas - Christmas Lights Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 1:45 pm

I usually put mine up before Thanksgiving, but now that I don't have to cook this year, I might wait until December.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Well Amy I know what you mean i crawl through out storage room last week i have them lying there now i just need to put them up yet

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
christmas - Christmas Lights Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : christmas - Christmas Lights Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 2:58 pm

I probably won't put any up outside. But, I think we might put up a tree this year. I bought a smallish Christmas tree, that Mom and I are going to take over to John and April's, and have the children decorate for us. Then we'll take it home and put it in our living room. Love
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Well I Wonder why they don't have it written on the Christmas Lights Box that it is Pain putting them Up lol Laughing

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 3:54 pm

JW wrote:
Well I Wonder why they don't have it written on the Christmas Lights Box that it is Pain putting them Up lol Laughing

Because then nobody would buy them! batEyes :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:00 pm

Well i Guess But i'm Done now with putting them up i did nothing fancy this year just a straight line of christmas lights

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:06 pm

We usually put ours up Thanksgiving weekend, but this year we are doing it a week early, and will be putting them up this weekend. I can't wait. I hate this time of year when it gets dark so early and everything is so dull and drab, at least the lights will brighten things up.

christmas - Christmas Lights PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 pm

I Love this time of the year we have those nice long Eavings getting ready for christmas is just all so much fun

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 pm

We usually don't do outside lights because my honey doesn't like to mess with them and I'm not handy enough. But... honey also says that Christmas went too fast last year so... maybe this year putting lights outside would help! You think???

(Does that sound like a good "argument"?) grinsmiley

christmas - Christmas Lights Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:12 pm

There are already people putting them up here. I couldn't believe it! I am getting ready though to put mine up. I've been buying net lights to really add alot more this year. I have my husbands family coming the Saturday after Christmas so I'm sort of going all out.
Christmas is magical and can be whatever you make of it if you do spend some time putting an effort in the decorating. I will probably put mine up the 29th. :emot36:

christmas - Christmas Lights Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:22 pm

We don't put lights outside anymore//Takes up too much hrdro!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Gin wrote:
Christmas is magical and can be whatever you make of it if you do spend some time putting an effort in the decorating. I will probably put mine up the 29th. :emot36:

Yes, and there is just 'something' about lights, even if it's only a few! We have a 'peak' on our roofline so I've always wanted to put icicle lights up there. I think they'd be so pretty. So, what color does everyone have? I like all white lights for my outdoor ones, and my indoor lights are traditional multi-colored. I do two trees---my family room 'skinny' tree is done in white lights.

And yes, Holly, that IS a good argument---LOL---if my hubby can do it, so can yours! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm

we have multi-colored outside and prelit tree with white lights

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Our pre-lit tree is the white one too Jacob...my living room tree is multi-colored, but not the pre-lit one. I'm sorry now I didn't get a pre-lit tree....my family room tree is sooooooooo easy to assemble!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:30 pm

Did you know that they make those kind of trees it's Call a Space Saver is only a tree from one side

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:02 am

I didn't know that! That's really a great idea. In our old house we used to take a bunch of branches off the back just to fit it into the room in the corner. Hey, no one knew! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 am

Well Whatever works Amy lol Here is a Pic of one of those trees
christmas - Christmas Lights Half-christmas-tree

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:22 pm

One thing---how the heck does it stay upright?! Wouldn't that just tip forward and fall over? :think: LOL! When we took the branches out of our tree (ours was my hubby's parents, handed down to us, so it was the old style with the individual branches), we would always stagger them so it would still balance out.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:09 pm

I'm Not sure with how it works that it does not fall over :scratch:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 12:39 pm

I saw some lights like this last year on a few homes and fell in love with them. We just have the basic white strand...I've been wanting to get some icicle lights and would love this with the falling snowflake. I'll have to watch for sales...

christmas - Christmas Lights 902205-Icicle-String-Lights-with-Holographic-Snowflakes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Oh They look wonderful

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 1:39 pm

Oooooooh, aren't those pretty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lights   christmas - Christmas Lights Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Lights
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next