Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heading to hospital

Go down 
+9
Rob
LIWnut
brenda_m
bethandmanly
Lily
Rhonda
Carol
Debbie
Savannah
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Heading to hospital Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Heading to hospital Happy010

Heading to hospital Empty
PostSubject: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 5:13 pm

Michael is in the middle of a seizure that won't seem to stop. Taking him to the hospital. Please pray.
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Heading to hospital Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 5:15 pm

Oh Savannah, I'm so sorry to hear that.. You're all in my prayers.. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Savannah, so sorry to hear that. I will pray for him.

Heading to hospital Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Heading to hospital Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 5:25 pm

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and PRAYERS! Blue

Heading to hospital Rhonda10Heading to hospital Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Heading to hospital LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Heading to hospital Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 5:37 pm

We're praying for Michael Savannah, please keep us posted!!! ((((( HUG )))))

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Heading to hospital Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 5:43 pm

Sorry I'm late. I'm praying too.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 6:13 pm

AWW,I'am sorry...i will pray 4 him
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 7:35 pm

Sorry to hear this i`m praying too {{{HUGS}}}

Heading to hospital KEEPERBRENDAHeading to hospital 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Heading to hospital Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 7:37 pm

Savannah, you and your family are in all of our prayers. Michael is in God's hands and He will never leave Michael. Let us know how he is doing.
Love ya buddy,

Heading to hospital MarilynKeeper Heading to hospital Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Heading to hospital Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 9:02 pm

Michael has my prayers too, Savannah. All the best to you, my friend.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 9:37 pm

He is in my prayers, Savannah. Please let us know how he is doing when you get home. God be with you all.

Heading to hospital ChristinaKeeper2 Heading to hospital 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 10:54 pm

Thank you all so much. It means so much to know that people are praying!

I'm home with two of my nephews, and my niece. Michael is in the hospital, and my Mom and Dad are with him. His seizure lasted SO long. He just couldn't come out of it. He stopped shaking, but couldn't talk, didn't respond to any stimulation, was completely limp.........it was so scary! The local hospital transferred him to a larger city, with a hospital that specializes in children's care. And that's where he is now. I talked to Mikey on a two-way that my brother sent with my Dad. He was crying for his brothers and sister, but he was TALKING! Which is a huge relief. He sounded very tired, poor little guy.

We're all exhausted. Through and through. My niece and nephews who are home don't want to be in their own rooms tonight, so my room has become "Maria Von Trapp's" again. lol I don't mind.

We don't have any information, other than that Michael had a Grand Mal seizure.

Thank you again for your prayers, and your reassuring words. I'm so tired, I could sink right through the bottom of my bed. And I didn't have the seizure - so I can imagine how tired Michael must be!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 11:03 pm

Wow Savannah... some afternoon you have had. I'm glad Michael is talking... poor little guy. I hope something can be done so he doesn't have seizures like this so much.

Thank you for keeping us posted, we will continue praying. (((HUGS)))

Heading to hospital Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 12:14 am

{{{{{ SAVANNAH }}}}} Glad to hear Michael's seizure had stopped, we will continue to pray for his quick recovery and be home real soon.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Heading to hospital Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 12:24 am

We'll keep the prayers going. I hope Michael recovers soon. Try to get some rest.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Heading to hospital Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 12:38 am

Oh buddy. I am glad to hear that he has come out of his seisure but sorry to hear that you are tuckered out. Know that all of you are still in our prayers and that you are loved!

Heading to hospital MarilynKeeper Heading to hospital Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 8:04 am

I got a little more information this morning.
The doctor who saw Michael last night over at DeVos Children's Hospital has ordered an MRI for Mikey. He'll be sedated, and it's scheduled for today. They're also running a bunch of bloodwork that wasn't done here in our smaller hospital. The one doctor said that because of how quickly and suddenly the seizures started and progressed, he doesn't really think that it's Epilepsy. Michael is expected to be in the hospital til Monday at least.

We're all going to have breakfast, and head over to see him. The hospital staff said that it's fine for the other children to come in and see Michael, which the children are absolutely thrilled about hearing.

Thank you again for your prayers. I'll update you when I can.
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 12:59 pm

Thank you for updates and your welcome for the prayers.
I`m glad to hear the little guy has come out of his seizure.

Heading to hospital KEEPERBRENDAHeading to hospital 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Thanks for letting us know, Savannah. How frightening it must have been for all of you! I'll continue praying; I hope they're able to help your nephew soon so he doesn't have to go through this anymore.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Heading to hospital Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 5:04 pm

What a time you've been having, Savannah. Hope everything goes well. I'll certainly e keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 7:53 pm

I am so sorry to hear that your nephew had another seizure, Savannah. I hope they find out what is causing this and find a way to help him. I can't imagine how scary this is for all of you, especially him. It's heartbreaking to hear of a child going through something like this.

He's in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the updates.

Heading to hospital PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Home again, home again.....jiggety jig. Yawn

I left early this morning, with my niece and nephews, for the children's hospital, which is about 45 miles away. Michael was SO thrilled to see his siblings. It was about the only time all day that he seemed alert. The rest of the day, he was in a fog with all of the meds in him. They tried to run an MRI, but couldn't because of his seizures. They'll have to sedate him for that. They probably won't be able to do that til Monday. *Maybe* tomorrow, but it's not likely. They're running an EEG on him all night. Poor little guy! He's not comfortable with that at all. I feel so bad for him. They do have a VCR in his room, at least. So I brought him several movies to try and occupy him.

When I got home tonight, I had all of the children keep busy, so they wouldn't worry so much. One person was doing dishes, someone else was vacuuming & straightening, the littlest fella did what he could to help, then played quietly with his trains. (Which was a BIG help!) I baked some muffins and stuff to take over to the hospital tomorrow. There's a BIG snow storm expected tonight, which I'm hoping doesn't come. We really don't need that.

My brain feels like mush right now. Anyone have a cup of coffee they can pass to me? grinsmiley But it's been such a blessing - When I went to the store to pick up some supplies, the greeter asked about Mikey, and told me that he has his whole church praying for him. Further into the store, I ran into the manager of a little store here in town. He told me that he'd heard about Michael's troubles, and that he's praying. People have been calling, letting us know that they're praying, and putting Michael on their church's prayer chain......and one sweet lady asked if she could bring us a casserole or something.

A Pastor, who we don't even know, but lives near the Children's Hospital, heard about Mikey through the prayer chains, and came to the hospital to pray with us for Michael. Bless his heart.

Sorry to ramble on........but it's been a day. :faint2:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 11:13 pm

I hope you son will be ok!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 11:15 pm

Wow Savannah, for a minute there I thought you were describing one of the episodes of The Andy Griffith Show! ROTFL

Seriously all jokes aside, thanks for the update. It was so sweet to have the whole town come together for Michael. Keep the thought that we're here for you and we're still praying for your Michael.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital EmptySun Feb 25, 2007 2:48 am

The poor little guy has gone through so much. I hope his MRI can be done ASAP and he can come home again. Hang in there, Savannah. I know it's hard on you too. You're all in our prayers. ::hugs::

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heading to hospital   Heading to hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Heading to hospital
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next