Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**

Go down 
+9
LIWnut
Amy
bethandmanly
Savannah
Toby
HarrisonCrosby4387
Debbie
susansmoose
Carol
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Party010

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 3:13 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I thought, "gee isn't that always the ways it's been?"

Well, yeah! My thoughts exactly! :haha:

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 9:45 am

flatbroke wrote:
Apple just doesn't have a big enough market share, although I'm surprised someone hasn't done it just to be the first to do it.

I've actually wondered that many times, myself. If anything, it would take away that one argument my father always brings up on the subject of computers. He's a huge Apple guy and has been since the company launched. When he learned my first PC purchase wasn't a Mac, well... let's just say it's the closest I've ever come to getting myself disowned. :haha:

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
flatbroke wrote:
Apple just doesn't have a big enough market share, although I'm surprised someone hasn't done it just to be the first to do it.

I've actually wondered that many times, myself. If anything, it would take away that one argument my father always brings up on the subject of computers. He's a huge Apple guy and has been since the company launched. When he learned my first PC purchase wasn't a Mac, well... let's just say it's the closest I've ever come to getting myself disowned. :haha:
lol, I know how you feel....my Pop thinks the pc is a tool of Satan, even though he has to use one in his rig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:16 pm

are aple comptures really better?
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:36 pm

sweetheart wrote:
are aple comptures really better?

You can use one without much fear of getting a computer virus, if that's what you mean. But the catch is you have less access to software and most of your applications have to be Mac-specific (or else they won't work). A lot of software isn't compatible with Mac computers and a lot of the stuff that is compatible comes out for PC first and usually the PC versions are better anyway. If you've ever bought any type of software from a store, you'll certainly not be doing that anymore (unless it's a Mac store). I'd say they're more user friendly as far as learning how to use them (which is one of their bigger appeals for some people), but at the end of the day it really isn't worth the drawbacks (to me, at least). Some people prefer them for various reasons, but speaking as someone who grew up having to use them... I gotta say, I'm glad I don't have to anymore.

But still... anyone who has ever enjoyed a personal computer of any kind still owes Steve Wozniak a steak dinner.

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:23 pm

So IE is safe to use now? Or do I have to upgrade to a different version?

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:55 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
So IE is safe to use now? Or do I have to upgrade to a different version?

Check your Windows Update, and go to Update History and see if the Security Patch was downloaded. Usually if you have McAfee or Norton or other security program, it should have downloaded the patch automatically.

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 pm

I have a question for Firefox users. In IE, I can have my favorites pinned to the left side of the computer screen if I want to. Is there an option like that in FF? I looked but couldn't find any. But, FF is completely new to me. It's been in my computer for ages, I just never use it. But it's nice to have a backup if I need it. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 1:20 am

Savannah wrote:
I have a question for Firefox users. In IE, I can have my favorites pinned to the left side of the computer screen if I want to. Is there an option like that in FF? I looked but couldn't find any. But, FF is completely new to me. It's been in my computer for ages, I just never use it. But it's nice to have a backup if I need it. grinsmiley

In FF, Favorites are called 'Bookmarks'. So, if you are in a page you want to Bookmark, just go to 'Bookmark' and then choose 'Bookmark this Page'. So next time you click on Bookmarks, the window opens up showing your page.... but i haven't found a way either to have it pinned on the left side all the time.

You can also get all your Favorites from IE. Just go to File, Import, Internet Explorer, and uncheck all except the Favorites... and they will be imported to FF.

Thumbsup

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**   **INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE** - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

**INTERNET EXPLORER IS UNSAFE**
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2