Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For a friend of mine, please

Go down 
+12
Amy
Alice
I Love Dean
pamh36
Kristina
JW
Prairie Wind
Rob
Rhonda
LIWnut
Teresa
Savannah
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:57 am

Awww, they are adorable!!! Reminds of Devin when he was born; he was little like that. Thanks for posting the pics!

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:33 am

Pretty and Pink! They will be running and laughing in no time!

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:00 am

Oooooh, they're gorgeous!! So precious--I'm glad they're ok! Happy Mother's Day to your friend!!! Applause

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm

I just heard from Anna, and the babies aren't doing well right now. They're having a very hard time keeping any food down, and little Walker stopped breathing today, turned blue, and had to be resuscitated. I can't imagine what Anna and her husband must be going through! So if you'd pray for these little fellas, I'd sure appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:45 pm

I'll Be Praying Savannah

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Jacobk10For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Prayers are going out, Savannah.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:23 pm

OMG I was so excited reading this post and noticed that you had posted since last year and I never read it. Until now, how sad! The twins are so cute and adorable. I can't imagine anything happens to them. I will pray for them for sure!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:31 am

They are in my prayers, Savannah.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:49 am

Oh those poor parents!! I can't imagine what they're going through right now either. I pray the babies will be ok.

BTW, how are the shingles on Ana's eyes doing? That sounds painful!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:51 am

Thank you so much for the prayers!

Amy, you know, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but when Anna told me about the difficulties the babies were having, I completely forgot to ask about her shingles. Blue I left a message for her just a few minutes ago, asking her about how the babies are today, and actually remembered to ask about her shingles when I left the message. So when I hear back from her about that I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:25 pm

I'll be praying for them too.

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Thank you, Lori!

I talked to Anna's Mom tonight, and Anna is still in a lot of pain from her shingles. Unfortunately, stress makes shingles worse - and there's precious little that's more stressful than watching your babies struggle to thrive. Thank you for your prayers, everyone. I told Anna that there's a whole group of people here praying for her and her little fellas. Love
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:40 am

Savannah wrote:
Unfortunately, stress makes shingles worse - and there's precious little that's more stressful than watching your babies struggle to thrive.

Isn't that the truth. No I feel so sorry for this mom, going through such physical pain when you know her heart is just breaking right now. I pray the babies will be ok, but if they are not meant for this world, I pray the good Lord calls them home soon, so they do not suffer. Blue

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Love Anna said that the babies showed improvement late yesterday, and overnight....and that they are starting to be able to keep food down. They aren't out of the woods yet - but Walker was doing so much better, they let her hold him today! Wesley is a little bit more sensitive in his stomach, and they were afraid that if they let anyone pick him up, that he wouldn't be able to tolerate the food that he's getting through his feeding tube. I wonder, though, if loving arms around him might be just what the little guy needs. Thanks for the prayers!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Here's a picture of Anna with Walker - she has to "suit up" to hold the babies....but it's well worth it!

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Annaandwalker

And they did let her hold Wesley, after all - but not for very long:

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Wesleyandanna

Love
Okay, I'll quite making you all look at my photo album now. :haha:
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks for the update, Savannah! Glad to hear there's been some improvement.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Awww, look at Wesley's little face....he KNOWS that is his mama holding and loving him!!! Love

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Rhonda10For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:39 pm

I am so glad to hear there is some improvement with the babies!! I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

The babies are so adorable. I agree too, I think being held is good medicine for the babies.

Thank you for updating and posting the pics!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:43 am

Oh, that is wonderful news!!! I can't even imagine how Anna must have felt finally holding him after all this time.

Even with her mask on you can tell Wesley looks like his mama! He has her forehead and eyes! So cute.

Thanks for the update Savannah....the boys are so often on my mind and in my prayers.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:46 am

For a couple of days, she wasn't even allowed to go in and see the babies! I can't imagine! When she finally was allowed in, and started talking to the babies, Wesley smiled! And her husband caught it on camera. grinsmiley It's such a darling picture.

Yesterday, the babies were both able to keep their food down all day! Cheer
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Okay, I just have to post the smiling baby - then I promise I'll show more restraint. Laughing His Dad took this picture . . . .Anna had just said "Hello, Wesley...Mommy loves you".....and this is what Wesley did:

For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Wesleysmiling
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Awww, that sure does look like a smile!! He was very happy to hear his mom's voice! Love

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:54 pm

Love Isn't that precious?? I just melted when I saw that picture.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:07 pm

They had to resuscitate little Wesley again last night. The babies are still slowly gaining weight, which is a huge blessing. But obviously, Wesley's breathing is a big concern. I'm so glad that he was still in the hospital when he stopped breathing. I'm going to see if I can find out if the doctors are planning on sending him home on a monitor/alarm just in case. I mean....this is the second time he's stopped breathing already. If it happened at home, while he was sleeping.... Blue He needs a monitor. Thanks again for your prayers. On the upside - the boys are gaining weight, and keeping food down a little better. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:31 pm

I am glad to hear that both of the boys are gaining weight. That is good news. I would imagine they would send little Wesley home with a monitor, especially since this happened a couple of times already. I don't know how it works at all hospitals, and for all babies, but Devin was a premiee and it was the rule at the hospital he was at that the babies had to go for 10 full days without a breathing episode, or a drop in heart rate (apneas or brady cardias). Some babies did have to go home with monitors beause they continued to have problems even as they got older.

I'll continue to keep all of them in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For a friend of mine, please   For a friend of mine, please - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

For a friend of mine, please
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next