Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Rob wrote:
Do we know what tonight's musical theme is?

Not sure... :think:
I think Danny might be trembling in his sapatos though because Matt, Anoop, Jorge & Adam are good singers... lol

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm watching now...(it's Michael Jackson, BTW)....Gosh, this is some good competition I'd say! Jasmine just sang and she really is good---I'm glad she got another chance! And Michael Sarver---I thought he was pretty great---who knew had those chops? LOL, as kara would say. :haha: I am a little scared for Lil, being first---they tend to get forgotten. She was great and deserves to stay. I didn't like the song that Scott chose, but he did well on it. So far, Danny is my favorite tonight. Many more to go though...

Oh, and tomorrow they're going to eliminate two singers...

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, I see why they think that Adam is in a league of his own, but he is really not my style. -To me, that was a lot of screaming. I'm sure he's going far though.

My vote went to Danny, Matt, and Alexis. I usually only vote for one person, but I figure this early in the game, I'll vote for all my faves. I thought the judges short-changed Alexis---I thought she was really good, and they had JUST told Adam that 'over the top' was how you need to do Michael Jackson, and then they told her she was over the top, but it was negative. Hmmm. Plus, there was the phone number issue and I'll feel badly if she doesn't get in there---I really like her voice. Megan---what happened there?! That didn't sound like it came from Michael Jackson night!! Not too crazy about her. And Anoop and Jorge kind of messed up tonight---too bad. I think of the two of them though, Jorge is the more 'likeable' one and will stay over Anoop. Overall I was impressed tonight, but there were some weird song choices. I think Matt G. totally has the edge over Scott in the talent though (this is just my opinion, and I'm comparing the two because they're the two pianists)...I like them both, but I think Matt has a little something over him.

For those who don't know about the phone # issue, here's the article:

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/03/10/american-idols-dialing-disaster/?xid=rss-topheadlines

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 am

Wow, what a first night! Here is my report:

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Lil_rounds_110x82 I thought Lil did great and she looked nice! I don't know why Simon said he didn't like it! :bash: lol

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Scott_macintyre_110x82 I didn't like this one too much. I thought he was going to sing "You are not alone". I agree Amy, Matt is the piano man for me. :P

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Danny_gokey_110x82 I liked it! He did a good job.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Michael_sarver_110x82 I didn't like this. The song he sang is one of my favorites and I just didn't like this version he did...

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Jasmine_murray_110x82 Not my favorite song for her... she should have done a more upbeat song from Jackson 5!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Kris_allen_110x82 This was alright. I felt bad for his wife when Simon made that dumb comment... I mean, I can see why he said it... so that more girls would vote for him and thing he's "single"... but still...

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Allison_iraheta_110x82 She's the rocker chick. Loved the song, the style, she did great!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Anoop_desai_110x82 Oh Anoop! Just because you love the song doesn't mean that it's right to sing it for you! lol I felt bad for him when Simon said that based on that performance he had regretted having a top 13... yikes! Huh? Hopefully people will forgive his mistake...

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Jorge_nunez_110x82 Yikes, another wrong song choice. Poor Jorge... hopefully he'll stay, I like him.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Megan_joy_110x82 Oh Megan... getting a little tired of seeing the same weird dance lol Not good....

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Adam_lambert_110x82 Whoa!!!!! Cool I don't like all that screaming but as far as performance he stole the show tonight. I want to hear him do a slow song... because he sounds like he has a big range.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Matt_giraud_110x82 Loved it!!!! Loved the song, he was awesome!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Alexis_grace_110x82 I thought she was good! Yeah, Amy, I agree with you about the Judges telling her not to go so over the top when they said the opposite when it came to Adam! Not fair... I thought Alexis was great!

So, after everyone sang... my 6 favorites were: Lil, Danny, Allison, Adam, Matt & Alexis.

**Hmm... I wonder what change they are going to have. I think it will have to do with the Judges deciding on the vote. We shall see...

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am

Great 'review' Carol! Thumbsup I agree with everything you wrote!

Oh, "you are not alone" would have been good for Scott...at least better than what he chose. I've never even heard of that song before! But you know, he needs to show that he's not going to be all 'schmultzy' all the time...I don't know how else to put it. I just don't see him as being a 'contemporary' artist.

And yeah, Kris's wife didn't look too pleased with Simon's comment, did she?! :unsure: But...I hate to say it...he had a point! grinsmiley But hey, he's only 5 months married...he is ALL about his wife right now and of course he's going to have her as the focus of his 'video highlight'! Makes sense. I kind of enjoyed him last night...he's not great, but he's cool, especially with the guitar. I agree with Simon though, the song didn't seem suited to the guitar so it was a bit awkward for me.

As far as the 'change' their making tonight, I HOPE it's not that the judges get the final say. If that happens, why even bother voting any more, if they're the ones to 'rule' the ultimate outcome? I don't think they should change that. But I am wondering too what this is all about. :think:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Amy wrote:

As far as the 'change' their making tonight, I HOPE it's not that the judges get the final say. If that happens, why even bother voting any more, if they're the ones to 'rule' the ultimate outcome? I don't think they should change that. But I am wondering too what this is all about. :think:

I think it is... Simon said the public wouldn't be happy.

I think they'll do that because some people like votefortheworst get a kick out of voting for the not so good contestants... yesterday they picked Megan and voted their butts off for her.

Anyway, love Michael's music! :headphone: