Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Men Will be Boys

Go down 
+12
ChristineLovesLHOTP
alexczarn
littlehousefan200
ChristinaAL
Davetucson
Honeybee
Krissy
MissOleson
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
Kristina
Robinsgirl
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Goodsi10

boys - Men Will be Boys Empty
PostSubject: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:12 am

Does anyone think this eposide was is guess you could say "out of character" for both charles and Albert? Charles would have NEVER not in a million years let Albert speak to him the way he did in the beginning of the show * ROTFL although i love how he was flabergasted as to what to say ROTFL * Second when Charles and Jonathen were talking in the barn they were saying Oh they couldnt make it "ah ha ha ha ha We'll learn em" I thought that was odly strange. Next when the boys were first started out Albert wanted to cheat...... I found that strange. And when the boys were at the boarding house. I felt that was totally off. Then when the constable came up, I know Charles and Jonathen could have explained better then that The dad were so convinced that the boys couldnt make it even though I l=LOVE this episode I feel there are a lot of problems...... anyone else have any comments? Oh and one more thing does anyone thing Andy is the BEST he is so cute and amazing! He is my favorite character!!!! ...... ok i am done now!

Last edited by Robinsgirl on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:58 am

I too was a bit thrown by this episode ...why didnt Charles and Jonathon set traps and fend for themselves a bit better ...was like they became bumbling fools for a few days instead of seasoned pioneer men...not the type you would think could take a young family into new territory and face all the elements....this episode i find more amusing than moving
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Ya normally I cry at the "I was wrong making up " scenes. When Charles and Jonathin came home and were talking to the boys I just stared at the screen. I thought something was wrong with me bc I couldnt cry..... if that makes sence.........
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:13 pm

I loved this episode! I found it pretty funny that Albert and Andy proved their Pa's wrong and made it all the way to the city and back before their Pa's even got home! good episode, and Albert and Andy were both still so young! Laughing
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:18 pm

One of my all time faves. It was hilarious how Charles and Jonathan barley made it into the town and to Albert and Andy it was a piece of cake. I also like the part when the boys ate all the berries and Charles and Jonathan were left with nothing. ROTFL

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:30 am

it was funny to see Albert and Andy get home so much quicker before their Pa's! I wonder if Patrick and Matthew Laborteaux liked acting side-by-side in episodes like this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:36 am

I love this one because it's just too funny. Albert is always so clever. Charles annoyed me, though. He acted like he had PMS a lot of the time. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:57 am

They did it to teach and scare the children...It did't really go has planned.....lol.....Good esp tho
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:06 pm

This episode always cracks me up. I love the look on Pa and Jonathan's faces when they fail at what they were trying to do. I love the part when the boys eat all the berries and leave none for the guys. Those two guys thought they were so smart, but got outsmarted by Albert and Andy, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:50 pm

What a funny epie! Charles and Jonathan facial expressions when they realizes things are going wrong for them and OK for the children, are PRICELESS! laugh3

This is one of the epies I feel like laughing all time. ROTFL

Vanesa.

boys - Men Will be Boys Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Charles and Jonathan facial expressions when they realizes things are going wrong for them and OK for the children, are PRICELESS! laugh3
I always say that Michael Landon should've won an award for his facial expressions. Those are genius comic performances there. Laughing

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm

This was a funny episode Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:59 pm

This is good esp. I laughed the whole show.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 am

grinsmiley This episode really brings out the reason that Albert was my favorite character on Little House.He could talk anybody out of anything.. including Charles.
When he gave the sob story to the boarding house lady and ended up having a great dinner and a warm place to eat while
Charles and Jonathan ended up sleeping in a barn and hungary, IT WAS VINTAGE ALBERT. That boy was something else.....I will always believe
he could have waked to San Francisco, like he threatened to do in Fagin and survived. From that first look he gave Laura when they first met,
to his last appearance on top of that mountain, Matt gave it his all on LIttle House. What a kid!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:30 am

Davetucson wrote:
grinsmiley This episode really brings out the reason that Albert was my favorite character on Little House.He could talk anybody out of anything.. including Charles.
When he gave the sob story to the boarding house lady and ended up having a great dinner and a warm place to eat while
Charles and Jonathan ended up sleeping in a barn and hungary, IT WAS VINTAGE ALBERT. That boy was something else.....I will always believe
he could have waked to San Francisco, like he threatened to do in Fagin and survived. From that first look he gave Laura when they first met,
to his last appearance on top of that mountain, Matt gave it his all on LIttle House. What a kid!

Exactly my toughts about him. Yes; he was spunky and jolly and no one cpould said "I don't like his character". Some people wouldn't stand Cassandra and james for they were not "real INgallses" and were also added to the original story, but you'll rarely find someone really disliling Albert...It's almost IMPOSSIBLE! grinsmiley Thumbsup

Vanesa.

boys - Men Will be Boys Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 pm

I don't think i could have been brave like he was.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 pm

I haven't been on the board in a few weeks (again unfortunately LOL), but I just had to come on here to share this story - I was watching this episode, sitting on the couch with my laptop, and my dog was playing on the rug in front of me. It got to the part in this episode when the crazy man comes running through the woods laughing while Andy and Albert are sitting by their campfire, and my dog stopped what he was doing, looked up at the TV, then turned to look at me as if to say, "What IS that?" Laughing

boys - Men Will be Boys ChristinaKeeper2 boys - Men Will be Boys 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 pm

awwwwwwwww.lol

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm

I like this episode, it's not one of my favorites but I thought it was funny.

And aww, cute story ChristianaAL!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Sometimes when my mom had the t.v on. A dog was barking,So my dog would look and stare at the t.v woundering where the bark came from.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : boys - Men Will be Boys Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:35 pm

That's so funny Christina! Laughing

boys - Men Will be Boys Alexke11
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 pm

This episode did crack me up. We all know that the real Charles would have been a little more prepared to survive a few nights in the woods.
My favorite scene is when both men hear all these screams and thinking the boys were in trouble, ran to see what the problem was. What they found was the 2 boys
playing and having fun swimming in the water!! Classic
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Robinsgirl wrote:
Does anyone think this eposide was is guess you could say "out of character" for both charles and Albert? Charles would have NEVER not in a million years let Albert speak to him the way he did in the beginning of the show * ROTFL although i love how he was flabergasted as to what to say ROTFL * Second when Charles and Jonathen were talking in the barn they were saying Oh they couldnt make it "ah ha ha ha ha We'll learn em" I thought that was odly strange. Next when the boys were first started out Albert wanted to cheat...... I found that strange. And when the boys were at the boarding house. I felt that was totally off. Then when the constable came up, I know Charles and Jonathen could have explained better then that The dad were so convinced that the boys couldnt make it even though I l=LOVE this episode I feel there are a lot of problems...... anyone else have any comments? Oh and one more thing does anyone thing Andy is the BEST he is so cute and amazing! He is my favorite character!!!! ...... ok i am done now!

I agree.....Charles would never have let a 10 year old boy speak to him like Albert did in the beginning of the episode.
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:05 pm

MissOleson wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
Charles and Jonathan facial expressions when they realizes things are going wrong for them and OK for the children, are PRICELESS! laugh3
I always say that Michael Landon should've won an award for his facial expressions. Those are genius comic performances there. Laughing

OMG! Yes!!
My most favorite one was when he and Caroline were on a second honeymoon and she woke up at night thinking she heard Carrie calling her. Charles reminded her they were on their honeymoon and had a smirk on his face. Caroline replied to him oh yes.....and turned around then feel back to sleep......the look on Charles (Michaels) face at that moment was priceless......just like a man would make with something else on his mind but sleep!!! Love loveheart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 pm

I was really surprised to see that Kent McCray, Producer on Little House, played the hermit that stole Albert and Andy's food.

boys - Men Will be Boys Kent310
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Men Will be Boys   boys - Men Will be Boys Empty

Back to top Go down

Men Will be Boys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next