Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christopher Reeve movies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Christopher Reeve movies Love-s10

Christopher Reeve movies Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 am

I was channel surfing yesterday and ran across the last 2 minutes of a movie with Christopher Reeve. Reading the credits I saw that it was called : Above Suspicion.
Have any of you seen this movie? It looked like maybe it was made in the 80's due to the clothing. I knew Christopher was a tall man,but in this he looked huge.
After just buying Somewhere in Time, I am interested in other movies he has made. Thanks...Gin

Christopher Reeve movies Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 pm

I've never heard of that one. But I really haven't seen much of anything he's done...I don't know why because I do like him! And yes, he was really tall. I've noticed that we still have some of his "Courage" billboards around. I think that's so cool that they're not taking them down.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christopher Reeve movies Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Christopher Reeve movies Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 12:48 pm

I haven't seen it, but I remember it. He played a paralyzed police officer who was planning on doing away with his wife and brother who were having an affair. It was 1995, I think.

And yes, he was very tall!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Oh my, didn't the accident happen in 1995? That's the year my son was born and so that rings a bell. So that would mean he portrayed this role very soon before his accident? Wow.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 6:06 pm

I did my homework a bit on this movie. "Above Suspicion" aired on HBO just hours after Doctors did a press release that Christopher Reeve was indeed paralyzed from the neck down and on a ventilator. This was only 5 days AFTER his accident.
I truly believe every role he did probably prepared him for his life after the accident.
Even Superman couldn't make everything better. But Christopher died trying, and that is what makes a hero.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 6:33 pm

You all are going to think I have nothing to do with myself, but I did indeed keep kids today and make some dinner for my own family...lol

I was looking up info on Christopher when I ran across these interesting fun facts.

Jane Seymour called Chris : 'Superfoot" because he stepped on her feet doing all the dance scenes in "Somewhere in Time".

While Chris was filming "Somewhere In Time" the local theater decided to show his breakout hit "Superman". Many "Somewhere" cast members joined locals for the event. Early into the screening, the sound went out. Chris, who was seated next to co-star Jane Seymour stood up in the audience and delivered all of the lines.

At the height of his popularity as Superman a group of children who recognized him in a park purposefully threw their frisbee over a fence and then asked him to fly after it. Trying hard not to hurt their feelings, Chris replied he couldn't fly after the frisbee because his cape was in the washer. SO they settled for him just reaching over the fence and handing it back to them.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christopher Reeve movies Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Gin wrote:
At the height of his popularity as Superman a group of children who recognized him in a park purposefully threw their frisbee over a fence and then asked him to fly after it. Trying hard not to hurt their feelings, Chris replied he couldn't fly after the frisbee because his cape was in the washer. SO they settled for him just reaching over the fence and handing it back to them.

That is just so sweet!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Gin wrote:
You all are going to think I have nothing to do with myself, but I did indeed keep kids today and make some dinner for my own family...lol

Gin, you are too funny. grinsmiley We are superwomen, aren't we?! Wink Wink

I loved reading the trivia you posted! I never knew any of it! I'm just thinking, as a person who has been to the fairly 'remote' Mackinac, I wonder how the natives must have felt, sitting in a theater, WITH SUPERMAN, watching SUPERMAN the movie, and watching and listening to the real superman deliver his lines?! :faint2: I mean, talk about a surreal moment! Especially considering what year this was ('79) and what a blockbuster Superman was. This had to be quite the dream come true for a lot of people!

LOL about "Superfoot"....reminds me of how poor Jane had to endure Joe Lando's dancing too! :haha:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 5:53 pm

ya...wonder what the cost was for that....such a treat!

I forgot about Jane telling that about Joe. He had to work hard on DQ. He had to be tanned, dressed, taught to ride a horse and to dance.
Hope they paid him enough. cowboyR

Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:20 pm

i love the movie Somewhere in Time. it is so sweet. Love

Christopher Reeve movies Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Christopher Reeve movies Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Reeve movies   Christopher Reeve movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Christopher Reeve movies
Page 1 of 1