Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight

Go down 
+7
Misti
Teresa
Amy
pamh36
Gin
Savannah
I Love Dean
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Purple2

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Empty
PostSubject: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Patrick-swayze-and-lisa-2
I pray he finds the strength to continue his battle. This fight is reminding me so much of the one our beloved Michael Landon fought and this photo reminds me of Michael on the tonight show. I for one will be watching tonight and sending my prayers his way.

Click here for story

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Dd4
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:42 pm

I wish I could see it! I loved him in North & South. Those of you who get to watch it, please post lots of details.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 8:25 pm

I always think of him first in Dirty Dancing, but I loved him in North and South. He is a very talented actor in anything he does.
I hope he does last til they find a cure.

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Me too, Gin. I will be watching tonight too.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 9:18 pm

I too plan on watching tonight. I've loved watching everything I've ever seen him in. He is such a talented person. It'll be nice to hear his side of things, rather than hearing little blurbs sited from gossip mags, and the like.

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Argh, I missed it. And you even posted the reminder!! Did anyone watch? How is he doing?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:24 pm

It was a really nice interview. I didn't know that he and his wife have been married for 33 years. It's so hard, because once you start having symptoms that something is wrong, and it's pancreatic cancer, you're already in stage 4. That's where Patrick was diagnosed at. He seems to be doing well, though. His spirits are high, and he vows that he'll beat cancer. He knows, however, that he may be fighting a losing battle, but he's going to continue to fight as long as he can. It's been rough, especially the chemo. He's going to be starting a new type of chemo soon. He's continuing to shoot episodes for his new TV show, called, The Beast, on the A&E channel.
I don't know how he does it, but he's a very strong individual. At the end, Barbara asked him about the movie, Ghost, and he said that he thinks about that movie alot. He quoted a line from it that he said near the end of the movie. It was very touching. I hope he can beat this, but it's so hard when you can't diagnose this type of cancer early on, and be able to treat it.
I bet you can watch it on youtube when it's available, for those of you who missed it.

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks for that, Teresa. I'm sorry I missed it---I'll bet it will be on Youtube too eventually. I wonder if there's any new strides at all in treating it, from the time that Michael got it? Did they elude to that at all? I've always heard it's on the toughest ones to beat. So sad. His Hollywood marriage of 33 years is certainly inspirational...I knew it had been a long time, but didn't know 33 years! Good for them---that's like 66 years in Hollywood. Wink

You've got my curiousity up though Teresa, what is the line that he quoted from Ghost? Man, I LOVE that movie!!! It's been YEARS since I've seen it! That's when I first totally flipped over Whoopi Goldberg! Best movie she's ever been in, IMO! Color Purple was great, but comedy is her thing. I really loved Patrick in that too...of course Dirty Dancing was great too, but his acting was better in Ghost, I thought. In Dirty Dancing he was nice to look at.Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Yeux17

His determination is commendable---totally reminds me of Michael. I really hope he can beat this.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:55 pm

At times during this interview I cried. What a beautiful love story both he and his wife Lisa share. Wow 33 years of marriage and to still be that much infatuated with each other. When Barbara asked Lisa the tough question on how it would be for her to go on without Patrick, watching her eyes well up and then re-compose herself so she could speak without crying hit me in the heart. She is a pillar of strength right along with Patrick.

I missed the first half of the interview but have read that she had known about Patricks cancer a good 12 hours before she told him. The doctors left it up to her to tell him and through all the tests he had that day he was exhausted, so she let him rest. I don't think I could have been so strong and my emotions would have been written all over my face.

And whats up with Patrick still smoking? After learning that one of the leading causes of pancreatic cancer is due from smoking would have been all the encouragement I would have needed to stop. But I guess nicotine withdrawal wouldn't have been easy to deal with along with his chemotheropy illnesses.

I admire them both... and Teresa that quote from the movie Ghost was a powerful moment.

Didn't it go something like "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside you take it all with you" or something like that. Again it made me cry.... I'm such a baby... bawling

Last edited by I Love Dean on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Amy, I found the show on youtube..here they are. I'm so glad, Patrick set the story straight. Lisa and him are strong people. It's sad that once you have warning signs...you are at stage 4. I pray that this 'new' round of chemo will be the one. I cried too, Lorrie. Blue

1/5

2/5

3/5

4/5

5/5
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Yes, Lorrie, the line from Ghost went something like that. Amy, it was at the end of the movie when he sees Molly again for the last time. He says the line, and then turns to walk away as she stands there watching.
Thanks, Susie, for downloading the interview from youtube.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Gosh, Lorrie, I almost cried just reading your post! Blue And yes, I know exactly that line, I think that's it almost to a ' T ', Lorrie. I love that part and I bawl like a baby at the end. Remarkable that he quoted that line in the interview. He is obviously in a 'good place' right now, emotionally and spirtually.

Thank you Susie for posting that!! Youtube is an amazing thing! I'll watch it soon.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:09 pm

I Love Dean wrote:
Didn't it go something like "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside you take it all with you" or something like that. Again it made me cry.... I'm such a baby... bawling

Yes, Patrick quoted it as: "It's amazing Molly...you take the love with you."

In the clip they showed, the line was, "it's amazing Molly...the love inside, you take it with you." Love

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight HummerPatrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight MistiKeeperPatrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Bookclub5Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm

I did manage to catch this last night, but almost by pure accident. The cancer has certainly taken its toll on him physically, but he's got a lot of strength inside of him. First thing I always think of when I hear the name "Patrick Swayze" isn't Dirty Dancing or Ghost, though... for some reason it's Red Dawn.

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
I did manage to catch this last night, but almost by pure accident. The cancer has certainly taken its toll on him physically, but he's got a lot of strength inside of him. First thing I always think of when I hear the name "Patrick Swayze" isn't Dirty Dancing or Ghost, though... for some reason it's Red Dawn.

I watched the beginning on YouTube and I'm surprised they didn't mention the movie, "The Outsiders."

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight HummerPatrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight MistiKeeperPatrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Bookclub5Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Coach Jon wrote:
First thing I always think of when I hear the name "Patrick Swayze" isn't Dirty Dancing or Ghost, though... for some reason it's Red Dawn.

I loved Red Dawn! And Misti, I'm surprised they never mentioned the Outsiders either...I've watched all the parts now and I don't think it was mentioned, but maybe I missed it.

Well, I'm kind of a wreck! Blue That was just emotional, you know? But not all SAD emotion, I must say...that interview is filled with ups and downs, 'happys and sads'. There is just such an energy and spirit about this man...I am so glad he did this interview---as corny as this sounds, I'm glad I got to 'know' who he is through this...he really bared his soul here, and what a soul it is. I really like him, and I couldn't help but compare him to Michael Landon, but not because of the pancreatic cancer, but their personalities. The way Patrick talked reminded me so much of Michael...kind of a 'what you see is what you get' kind of person. He's a 'no-nonsense' guy, and so was Michael. Both have just this bigger than life spirit and strength about them, 'tough guys', and yet teddy bears underneath. Wink

Honestly I've never heard anyone talk so candidly about cancer, even in my own personal life. He really tried to make you understand what it is he's going through, what this cancer really looks like. It sounds like he has the ultimate in high pain tolerance. And the relationship he shares with Lisa...that is just a remarkable love right there. I'm so glad I watched this interview, even though it made me cry too! A lot of what he said is truly going to stick with me for a long time to come. The thing that stuck more than anything to me, was when he was talking about how he won't go on a 'macro-biotic' diet. He got so angry about it, "That is one thing I won't do, is chase staying alive. You spend so much time chasing staying alive you won't live! I want to live!" He said he's doing some Chinese herbs and that's it. It's really amazing that he's made it this long...I hope he can continue to beat the odds!

(Oh, just a quick thing about the smoking. I think I really understand. As you were saying Lorrie, that would be such a huge stress, yet another battle to fight on top of everything else he's going through. I wish he would, but I get it too. I wish he'd stopped a long time ago No ).

Just ONE more thing, I promise! :shy: The other part I loved about this interview was about his tv series! How cool is it that this production company decided to KEEP him after learning of his cancer, and they hadn't even started with him yet??? Big business actually putting "doing the right thing" before the almighty dollar. Now that's inspiring!

(Sorry I got so long-winded guys :shy: ...this just really moved me)

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 12:00 am

My ultimate favorite Patrick movie was Ghost. He and Demi Moore had great chemestry.

Another thing from the Walters interview that impressed me about Patrick is his refusal to take any pain medication. He didn't want to be in a drug induced state, he wanted to live every minute. Gosh the pain and sickness that man must have went through.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:15 am

Coach Jon wrote:

Red Dawn is a great movie!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:02 am

I didn't make it through the interview with a dry eye. Especially when his wife started getting emotional, as well as when he said the line from, "Ghost." He is very inspiring and hopefully people who are going through difficult times themselves and watched the interview, were inspired by him. His strength is truly amazing.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 am

From what he said during the interview, Patrick is also very inspired by all of the people that have written him letters, telling him about their experiences, or just letting him know that he is in their prayers. The letters have really helped him get through this very difficult time, and have also given him hope.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 12:57 pm

*sigh* Yes, I also cried several times during the interview.
I loved Patrick in Red Dawn and The Outsiders. I haven't seen the movie Ghost :faint2: lol but I've put it on my list of movies to see.

Patrick is so strong... and the love he and his wife have is so inspiring ... it was hard seeing her choke up... I think it took a lot for Patrick not to cry with her then... you can tell that they are being strong for each other as much as they can.

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Carol, you will LOVE the movie, Ghost. Get the kleenex ready. Patrick, Demi, and Whoopi are excellent in this movie.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Misti wrote:

I watched the beginning on YouTube and I'm surprised they didn't mention the movie, "The Outsiders."

I forgot about this movie. I remember watching it in the 4th grade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:11 pm

I saw this on Yahoo. Blue I pray that he gets thru this quickly.

Patrick Swayze has checked himself into the hospital for observation after contracting pneumonia.

Patrick Swayze checks into hospital with pneumonia
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Oh no, Susie. I pray that he gets through this quickly too. Blue

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight   Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Patrick Swayze interviewed by Barbara Walters tonight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next