Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nancy *by request*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Nancy *by request* Goodsi10

Nancy *by request* Empty
PostSubject: Nancy *by request*   Nancy *by request* EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Here is a story about Nancy. Hope you like it! This is all I have done so far, hopefully more later. This is supposed to be Nancy grown up a bit more. Willie and Rachel have already been married.

Part 1

Nancy came storming into the store room stomping her feet as she went.
“I am never going back to school ever again, never, never, never, never!” She emphasized each word with a stamp up the stairs.
“Nancy now you come back here” yelled Nells as he watched Nancy’s temper parade going up the stairs. “You will too go back to school”
“No I wont” followed by a slam ended the conversation.
………………………………...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Why” exclaimed Harriett that night as she was setting the table for dinner.. “Where is Willie and Rachel?”
“Well usually when a storm is about to come through people try to avoid getting hit by it” Nells answered.
“Nells what are you talking about.” asked Harriett.
“Etta Plum came to see me today.” He replied.
“Well what did she want!”
“She said that if Nancy doesn’t stop causing mischief in school she is going to be expelled” Harriett gasped.
“Expelled, she can’t expel her, she is just jealous that’s all!”
“Harriett what does Etta Plum have to be jealous of Nancy?”
“Oh shut up and call Nancy down for supper.” Nells drew in a long breath then walked to the stairs and called,
“Nancy come down for supper.”
“No!” came her slightly muffled answer.
“Nancy I said come down here and you will come down now!”
A stamp, a door slammed, and Nancy Oleson came haughtily down the stairs.
“That’s more like it” said Nells.
“Now dear, tell me why you are angry with Ms. Plum.” said Harriett giving Nancy a thick slice of ham.
“Because she hates me”
“Nancy! Your teacher doesn’t hate you now tell what you did in school today to make her mad!” said Nells fiercely.
“Nells” screeched Harriett “Don’t raise your voice at the table.” Nells rolled his eye’s , threw up his hands, and sighed out of desperation. “Now Nancy dear, tell me what happened in school today.”
“Well Ms. Plum had it in for me the minute she rang the bell.”

………………………………...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Nancy your late.” said Ms. Plum.
“No I’m not, you just rang the bell early.” replied Nancy her eyes flaming.
“Nancy I don’t want to be dictated to by one of my pupils. Take your seat.”
Nancy took her seat and pouted.
“Now class, please no more talking. James, I said no talking. Now class we are going to start a new project.”
“I hate it when she creates these stupid, pointless projects.” whispered Nancy to Jenny Wilder,
“Shhhh” replied Jenny. “She said no more talking.”
“I can talk if I want to” said Nancy a little louder then she had originally sought to do.
“Nancy I said no talking.” said Ms. Plum.
“I wasn’t talking. Jenny Wilder was; she was trying to get me into trouble. She hates me.” Nancy sent a look of wrath toward Jenny.
“Don’t lie Nancy.” Ms. Plum was becoming rather annoyed.
“I’m not lying, ask her yourself.”
“Nancy!”
“Well ask her if she was talking!”
“Jenny” said Ms. Plum “Will you please tell me the conversation that passed between you and Nancy.”
"You were supposed to ask her if she was talking" protested Nancy.
"Be quiet Nancy"
Jenny stood up and repeated the conversation.
“Nancy you were talking and Jenny was trying to keep you out of trouble.”
“She was lying.”
“Nancy go stand in the corner.” said Ms. Plum.
“No!” shouted Nancy “I did nothing wrong.”
“Nancy you will stand in the corner or I will go get your father.”
Nancy stomped her foot and marched over to the corner, crossed her arms and pouted.

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Nancy *by request* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nancy *by request*   Nancy *by request* EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Part two.

“Can you believe it Mother! Me, a girl of my age and social status standing in the corner!” Nancy stopped her story to stoke the fire of anger in her mother.
“Nancy, you deserved to stand in the corner” Nells said.
“Oh shut up Nells, it was just a little whisper, you used to do it, and I used to do it. I see nothing wrong. Etta Plum just overreacted.”
“Well then she stood in the corner for lying.” said Nells reaching the end of his rope.
“I didn’t lie.” Yelled Nancy.
“Watch how you speak to me.”
“Really Nells, she didn’t lie. Jenny Wilder was talking. Now go on with your story dear.”
“Well the next problem came when we went out for recess”

“I choose James” said Cassandra.
“Good now the teams are even.” said James
“What about Nancy” asked Elmer.
“Ah we can leave her out; she doesn’t like to run anyways.” answered Andrew vindictively.
The children lined up according to their teams, and were about to start the race from the school’s steps to the flag pole when Nancy stepped in front of them.
“How dare you?” she screamed. “How dare you leave me out when you know perfectly well I want to play.”
“Nancy the teams are even now, besides, you hate to run around and soil your shoes.” the children answered.
“I want to play.”
“Nancy you can play in the next game; I will sit out then.’ said Jenny.
“No! I want to play now.”
“Oh go away Nancy and let us race.” answered a voice from the crowd.
“Yea” came a chorus of voices.
“Jenny Wilder this is all your fault.”
“My fault” questioned Jenny.
“Yes, you are a selfish girl, go away and let my run in your spot.”
“No Nancy, I want to run in this race, but I will sit out the next one for you.” Before Jenny had even finished speaking Nancy tackled her to the ground in a fury of anger. Jenny screamed and clutched for something to keep her from falling, but alas, the only thing she found was the end of Nancy’s hair bow. The oversized accessory ripped and fell from the girls hair, leaving her curls in a cluster around her face.
“Jenny you horrid, mean ,old girl, you did that on purpose, and my mother is going to make you pay for it.” screamed Nancy.

“And indeed I will” broke in Harriett.
“No you wont Harriett” answered Nells.
“Father I want a new hair bow.”
“You had a new hair bow before you ripped it fighting in the school yard.”
“Nells didn’t you hear her? Jenny Wilder ripped it on purpose mind you.” Harriett answered wiggling her finger at him.
“Mother everyone at school hates me, including Ms. Plum. Can’t I learn my school at home.”
“No” answered Nells “You must go back to school, with the restaurant and the store your mother and I already have too much to do”
“Nells she wasn’t talking to you; she was talking to me” then turning to Nancy she said in a soft tone.
“Nancy dead, I think that is a brilliant idea. I will send out a request for a governess if” she paused for dramatic effect. “You will go back to school until she arrives.” Nancy’s smile grew large and malicious on her smug face.
“Oh yes mother.” she said.

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Nancy *by request* Love-s10

Nancy *by request* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nancy *by request*   Nancy *by request* EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Sounds like Nancy alright. Should be interesting to see how this turns out.
Keep writing Robin.

Nancy *by request* Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Nancy *by request* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nancy *by request*   Nancy *by request* EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:25 pm

This is a really short peice, but it is all I have had time to right since school has really begin to take affect on my life.

Mrs. Oleson,

I will be arriving by stage ,in regards to the telegram about a governess, on Monday morning the 23'rd, at 3:30 PM.

Ms. Peirce

………………………………............................................................................................................................

“Nancy!” called Harriet as she fled through the house trying to find her daughter. Finally finding her in her bedroom looking at herself in the mirror, she called “Nancy dear, I have found you a governess.”
“Is she pretty mother?” asked Nancy.
“Well I don’t know dear; I haven’t met her yet. She will be arriving on the stage next Monday.”
“Well mother, if she is too pretty we will have to send her back.”
“Well why dear?”
“Because, I can’t have my governess upstaging me.”
“Really Nancy” began Harriet ,as if she was going to scold Nancy for such vainness. “Is that even possible, and you know it wont do to have an ugly governess.”
“I guess you are right mother; she can stay if she is pretty as long as she keeps away from Albert, he’s mine!”

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Nancy *by request* Bokmal10

Nancy *by request* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nancy *by request*   Nancy *by request* EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 3:31 pm

I liked that part about Nancy being sent to the corner at school! serves her right!
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Nancy *by request* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nancy *by request*   Nancy *by request* EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Lol, glad you liked it!

………………………………............................................................................................................................

Oh here it comes Nancy! Oh now be on your best behavior” Harriett said as she straightened Nancy’s bow and dress with which she was so elegantly garbed. “And remember to great her kindly, and Say ‘How do you do Ms. Peirce, I am Nancy Oleson’ Can you remember that dear.”
“Yes Mother.”
When the coach pulled up, a tall fair skinned lady with deep golden, hair, pulled into a tight bun with a few curls hanging loose around her face, stepped lightly out of the coach. She looked around for a moment, and said in a delicate, soft voice.
“Ms. Oleson I presume?”
“Why yes, I’m Harriett, and this is my darling Nancy” Nancy looked at the lady haughtily and said in the same tone which her body language implied.
“How do you do Ms. Piece; I am Nancy Oleson.” Now. In order to set a good example, Ms. Peirce stood straight and tall, nodded, and continued talking to Ms. Oleson.
“I work Monday through Saturday, I expect Sunday’s off, as well as times past the dinner hour. I will stay through dinner, only to make sure my charge is learning her manners properly.”
“Didn’t you hear me?” asked Nancy her temper rising “I asked how do you do.” Ms. Peirce looked at Nancy with absolutely no expression of her face and said sharply,
“Ms. Oleson, children are to be seen and not heard, and should never speak unless spoken too. Especially little girls.”
“How dare you speak to me that way.” Nancy stomped her foot on the ground.
“I dare to speak to you that way because your mother hired me to teach you your lessons, which include elocutions, deportment, and the social graces.”
“Now Ms. Peirce, isn’t this age in time a little past the children being seen and not heard.”
“On the contrary Ms. Oleson, in large cities you will be absolutely shunned if your children are rowdy and noisy.”
“Well we certainly don’t want to be outdone by large cities; we people in Walnut Grove can be quite civilized.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nancy *by request* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nancy *by request*   Nancy *by request* Empty

Back to top Go down

Nancy *by request*
Page 1 of 1