Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Growing Pains

Go down 
+7
Davetucson
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
Vanesa
Kristina
Robinsgirl
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:20 pm

In this episode, Albert and Pa are shaving at the beginning of the episode. Later on, James steals Albert's razor, takes it out to the barn, and, wanting to be more like his big brother, pretends to shave. James accidentally drops the razor and one of the animals steps on it and breaks it. Not wanting to tell Albert what he did, James steals a razor from the mercantileand gives it to Albert at home. Albert and Pa quickly figure out what James did and James gets into trouble. Feeling upset, James runs away. Cassandra finds a note that James left, runs to the schoolhouse, and tells Laura what happens. Albert catches up with James in a field. Not wanting to go home, the boys wander through the woods for the rest of the day. They find an old house and the owner lets them stay there for the night. After some time, James realizes he wants to stay with the Ingalls family and he and Albert go home
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Growing Pains Goodsi10

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 pm

AWESOME episode! Really great. I love the boys reaction when they find out what kind of stew they are eating! I feel sorry for James because he just want some attention from his brother, and his brother doesn't like him! Albert has a mean streak in him!!! But in all fareness to Albert he did redeem himslef when he ran off with James. What a nice brother!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Growing Pains Bokmal10

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:51 pm

another good one! I don't think Albert was necessarily being mean, I think he was just so used to living with the Ingalls family and he'd forgotten what it felt like to be "new", if you could use that word. I am surprised, though, that Albert wasn't nicer because I guess you could say that Albert knew what James was going through
Back to top Go down

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Carrie & Cassandra were getting along really well in this episode & Carrie had an upset look when Cassandra was crying because James ran away.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:00 am

I think that Carrie was really close to Cassandra. The authors must have focused in their sisterly friendship more often.

Vanesa.

Growing Pains Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Growing Pains Headac10

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:36 am

Watching this one. I can really feel for albert.I can understand how he felt. But glad they worked out the problems. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Growing Pains Goodsi10

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Vanesa wrote:
I think that Carrie was really close to Cassandra. The authors must have focused in their sisterly friendship more often.

Vanesa.

I totally agree....could have been like Laura and Mary if the writers had chosen to do so

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
another good one! I don't think Albert was necessarily being mean, I think he was just so used to living with the Ingalls family and he'd forgotten what it felt like to be "new", if you could use that word. I am surprised, though, that Albert wasn't nicer because I guess you could say that Albert knew what James was going through

I agree.....I think Albert wasn't being mean but more annoyed or impatient.
Good episode.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Growing Pains Purple2

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Albert should have been nicer to James. When Albert told Charles he wished James had never came to live with them, Charles told him it was a good thing Laura and Carrie didn't feel that way when he came to live with them. Charles seems to have forgotten that Laura resented the attention Charles paid to Albert in the episode, Fagin. Albert should have realized James was feeling lonely and wanted to bond with him. He must of forgotten what is was like to new in the family and it takes time getting used to living with a new family. Glad they finally bonded after running away.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Growing Pains Headac10

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I Can understand albert being annoyed with James. Tho maybe ya He could have been a little more nicer. Well maybe Albert could have made a little time to spend with him.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Charles should have built on the house so Albert and James had a seperated bedroom from Carrie and Cassandra.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:31 am

Lay off Albert guys, it was Charles's fault! He was too cheap to put a room on the house. He should have plowed another 40 acres, planted some corn, and built another room on the house!
Charles always was a little on the cheap side. Everybody in Walnut Grove had a nicer house than the Ingalls. Ever notice that? They even gave Reverend Alden a nicer house...........
grinsmiley

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:36 am

I happen to like the Ingalls house. It may have been small,, but it was filled with love. Yes, a new room should have been built, but they realized the house was fine the way it was.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 pm

It really wasn't big enough, but it wouldn't be "little house' on the prairie" if it grew too much. I thought if the show went on and Albert stayed with James, a small room off the kitchen would have been nice, Grace and Carrie and Cassandra could share the loft. As Caroline said, they are getting older. OR they could put a real wall between their bed and Carries and let someone sleep there. It made for better filming I guess, but no one had any privacy in that home, conversations had to be overheard all the time.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Spanky wrote:
I happen to like the Ingalls house. It may have been small,, but it was filled with love. Yes, a new room should have been built, but they realized the house was fine the way it was.

I agree. Charles always put more stock in his family than material things. Take a look at Charles's peers--the Edwards family, the Garveys--they had tiny homes too. Part of it, I think, was to show how the farmers lived versus the townsfolk.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:01 am

That's true but I wouldn't want 2 teenage boys with 3 girls in a loft. Under the best conditions that could be very dangerous. Smile

Mr. Edwards' place and the Garvey's were bigger though. They had a nice living room space and kitchen and bedrooms with doors.

Charles would have built on for his father, not expecting him to sleep outside of the home.
I did like that they showed Caroline getting a dresser from Harriet (a nice gesture from her) for Cassandra and James and having their trunk be moved to the barn. Two more children does require more space and organization.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Growing Pains Happy010

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:13 pm

I love this episode! Not only am I fan of Matt Labyorteaux, but of Jason Bateman as well. This episode had funny moments, as well as warn, tender ones. I actually welcomed the addition of James & Cassandra; although now that Laura had married and left the house, I would have liked to have seen more of an intereaction between Albert & Carrie. The writers made it appear as if Albert didn't even like Carrie too much (lol; that's what it seemed like, as he barely says 2 words to her). I did like that he & James were close...and in a way, I can understand why they were added to the cast. They needed someone to stand up to Nancy, and that was Cassandra! I can't imagine Carrie doing that! HeeHee
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Growing Pains Confus10

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 am

This one was sooooooo Funny! ROTFL laugh3 Laughing

Growing Pains PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains EmptyWed May 04, 2022 12:54 pm

I hadn't watched this episode in so long and I liked that Albert was the one who brought James home. I don't think Albert was being mean to James, I think he was being a typical older brother and wanting some time and space away from his younger brother. This episode really showed how much Albert had grown up from the earlier seasons when he was doing goofy kid stuff and getting into trouble for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Growing Pains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growing Pains   Growing Pains Empty

Back to top Go down

Growing Pains
Page 1 of 1