Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

May We Make Them Proud

Go down 
+23
Alice Garvey
bethandmanly
Lori
alexczarn
Deem714
Vanesa
sunnydayz5
julmer70
Samantha
Gin
Davetucson
Praire Girl
jes9
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Ruth
Krissy
Davidccl
Rhonda
david
highwayangel
Kristina
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Bokmal10

May We Make Them Proud Empty
PostSubject: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:18 am

I watched the first part of this episode yesterday, and it was a tearjerker. I felt so bad for Mary and Adam with the loss of their son and Jonathan and Andy with the loss of Alice. I also felt bad for Albert because he felt so guilty over the start of the fire. I will probably be watching the second part of this episode today!
Back to top Go down
highwayangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 26
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Probably one of the most difficult episodes to view, waves of painful emotional scenes to navigate through. Also it must of been a daunting challenge for the actors to get through this one without feeling the reality of this being what can occur in real life. I am currently watchin it
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:05 am

Could a storyline with such devastation have been an indirect catalyst for the eventual "Father Murphy" pilot not all that long after?
Back to top Go down
highwayangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 9:09 am

That's quite possible, I never thought of it like that. I also have Father Murphy on dvd.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Purple2

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Anyone who is/was a Bonanza fan, will have already noticed that several episodes were recycled into LH, Highway to Heaven and Father Murphy. When you have an actor/producer from those eras, the stories tend to be done that way. I have often thought that "He Was Only Twelve" would've been an episode written for Highway to Heaven........ May We Make Them Proud 988160

May We Make Them Proud Rhonda10May We Make Them Proud Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
highwayangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Yes there is that element that plays out ,with variations within the scripts between all the series. I think Michael got it just right, wheras it never lacked sincerity. I am still waiting for season 4 of Highway to Heaven to be released on dvd. The first three came out at a good pace, but the fourth is taking forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:02 pm

A very sad episode.
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Number of posts : 120
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Part 1 comment
-Alice died bravely trying to save the kids
-Mary is depressed after the fire that killed her baby
-I wanted to stop watching after the fire... I was wanting to watch this for months working my way up but now I don't know if I want to watch Part 2
-Poor Jonathen and Andy
-Whats going through Albert's mind when he overheard that the fire was started by the pipe he was smoking
-Mary has gone mad when she woke up at Nellie's
-Poor Albert the guilt is crushing him
-Mary went so crazy she won't even go to her baby's funeral
-Jonathan stopped believing in God!?!?
-Jonathan is yelling at Andy because Andy cares about him. What good will that do?

Part 2 comment
Going to try to watch it tomorrow. It's so hard to watch Part 1

Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Light and Dark..  All are 2 sides to their own coin.  Niether can live with each other, but none can also live without the other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/dcat682
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Number of posts : 120
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:17 pm

I coulden't work up the courage yet.

Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Light and Dark..  All are 2 sides to their own coin.  Niether can live with each other, but none can also live without the other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/dcat682
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Headac10

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:45 pm

I felt so bad for mary.she was sure in a sate of shock. So depressed.i do understand how she must of felt.Poor guy took it so hard.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:40 am

This one just rips your heart out...
It also reeaaalllyyy makes you feel for Mary.... bawling

Leaves May We Make Them Proud RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:15 pm

I can't watch this one ever again.....once is enough.. way too sad

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:22 pm

cryB I always have kleenex on hand when I watch the episode. I think it't the saddest episode.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:33 pm

This had to be, besides the last show for different reasons, the most dramatic. The episodes got a bit darker in some ways after this. I remember my mother running to the phone (back when people dialed) and saying "Did you see that? Why did he do that?" and things along those lines. Ratings soared I'm sure but I felt it was too sad. Having a baby die of illness or an accident is one thing, going up in flames is another.
Before those shows, young children could watch without any hesitation, shows were filled with morals and good values...but shows like that one would have horrified some 5 or 6 year olds, maybe older, the rape episode was very scary. Maybe they had warnings back then, I dont remember, but I know at times my kids would say, "This is Little House?"..it had to grow, but I wish a little less dark at times.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 pm

I do remember that "Sylvia" carried a parental guidance warning when it first aired on NBC. I don't know about "May We Make Them Proud", however.

May We Make Them Proud JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:20 pm

At the end of the show, they display a new placque for the school and Adam's dad is paying for the rebuilding, what happens after that? Where do the children go and do they ever rebuild it?
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm not sure where the blind students went after the fire. The school was in the process of being rebuilt during part 1 of He Loves, Me, He Loves Me Not. Adam recieved a letter from his father's law office announcing Adam's father passed away. When Adam went to New York to settle his father's estate, he learned his father was in debt. Lura went with Adam to New York and after Charles picked them up from the train station in Sleepy Eye, Laura saw a vacant building and convinced Charles and Adam it would be a perfect place for a new school.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:10 pm

It's not fair that Albert got the blame for the fire. Clay talked him into smoking. Albert wasn't so sure about smoking saying he once smoked Charles' pipe and got sick.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 pm

I don't think he was blamed alone..Charles did go to his friends house to question him and he admitted to stealing the pipe and smoking it.
A lot of guilt to shoulder and the characters in this show were very forgiving, I've seen similar things but only with a lot of love and faith and even then, this show might have stretched that.
A lot of sadness in a hour but it did show what one careless move will do.

MSA did have a point about her character, every time they called her to work, something dramatic, but usually not good happened.She went blind, thought she'd get her sight back and didn't, lost 2 babies, one in an awful way with the death of another friend, almost went nuts in the process, lost their school twice....but it brought out a lot of her best work.

Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:39 pm

When they lost the school in Winoka, isn't that when they went to Walnut Grove?
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Leaving Winoka   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Thats correct.....
Episode is "Blind Journey" Two Parts.......Adam goes a little bananas in this one when they have to cross a river and Mrs Oleson learns the meaning of predjudice.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Albert   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Spanky wrote:
It's not fair that Albert got the blame for the fire. Clay talked him into smoking. Albert wasn't so sure about smoking saying he once smoked Charles' pipe and got sick.

I Don't really recall Albert getting the blame, outside of him blaming himself. I know one thing, that scene of him running up the hill to Charles at the end was one I have never forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:16 pm

It was a terrible loss, but I do like how in the end they all know they have to move on with life.   The only way they could ever make those they lost proud was to continue with life themselves.  The work was going to be tough to move forward but in the end it made them stronger and appreciate life, family & friends more.    

I do wish Mary had been given the chance to come back in The Last Farewell with a child .  Just so she would have been given another chance and would have been part of the final movie.   I do believe Melissa S. Anderson deserved that.

May We Make Them Proud Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : May We Make Them Proud Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Gin wrote:

I do wish Mary had been given the chance to come back in The Last Farewell with a child . Just so she would have been given another chance and would have been part of the final movie. I do believe Melissa S. Anderson deserved that.

Agreed! Thumbsup

May We Make Them Proud SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Matt deserved a mention too. After all they both contributed to that show, the least they could of done was at least mention them in the script......

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May We Make Them Proud   May We Make Them Proud Empty

Back to top Go down

May We Make Them Proud
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next