HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

The Secret Life of Bees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8654
Mood :

PostSubject: The Secret Life of Bees   Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:24 pm

I saw this movie last night and loved it! Love

It stars Dakota Fanning as Lily, Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah, Sophie Okonedo & Alicia Keys. Dakota is sure one great actress, she started so young but she's been mature always and just be looking at her co-stars in the movies she's been in... tells you this is one girl to watch out for. She has a big acting range. Queen Latifah was also great in this movie as well as all the others. I think this one will be going to my BD Movie Collection. :)

Synopsis:
Lily Owens( Dakota Fanning) is a young girl who lives on a peach farm that her abusive father owns. Rosaleen(Jennifer Hudson) is a black woman hired by Lily's father to be a stand in mother for Lilly (Her real mother died in a horrendous accident that happened when she was a toddler). but when Rosaleen insults some of the biggest racists in their town, Lily is forced to take Rosaleen and run away to a town Lily believer her mother once lived. She believes she is looking for someone who knew her mother and then finds out the picture is a jar label. They find the lady who makes the honey from the label and a host of new people enter their lives. August( Queen Latifa) is the lady in the picture and her two sisters run the farm and offer them refuge.Once living on the farm Lily learns to make honey and many lessons about life as she also learns what it is like to have a real family.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52443
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Life of Bees   Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:13 pm

This sounds really good, Carol. I'll be looking out for it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13370
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Life of Bees   Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Thanks Carol---good to know you liked it! I wasn't so sure about it---nice to know it got a thumbs up from you! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Life of Bees   Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Oh That Movie Looks Really Good is it out on DVD Already?

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Life of Bees   Today at 10:24 am

Back to top Go down

The Secret Life of Bees
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1