Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayer for safety please.

Go down 
+8
Lily
Rob
Savannah
pamh36
bethandmanly
Teresa
JW
Lori
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Prayer for safety please. Empty
PostSubject: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:45 pm

Tomorrow afternoon I will be following my husband up to Michigan so that we can close on a house on Monday. I will be coming back home by myself. I don't like to drive where I am not familiar, and this will be my first time to the area to which we are moving. I would appreciate prayers that we make it up there safely and that I am able to find my way back to Ohio by myself. Cool We could use some prayer for the move as well which will take place at the end of this month. Thank you.

Prayer for safety please. Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:53 pm

I'll Be Praying

Prayer for safety please. Jacobk10Prayer for safety please. Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Congratulations on buying a new house, Lori!! There are quite a few people on this board who live in Michigan. Let's see, Amy, Rob, Savannah, Pam.........am I missing anyone?
You will be in my prayers as you drive back to Ohio. I pray that your move goes smoothly as well.

Prayer for safety please. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:59 pm

How exciting and scary all at the same time. Congrats on the new home. I'm sure you'll do fine with the driving. I'm exactly the same way, so I know how you feel. We'll be praying for all of you.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 pm

You are in my prayers, Lori. I dislike driving to unfamiliar places too. I hope it all works out.

Prayer for safety please. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayer for safety please. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 pm

I'll be praying, too, Lori. The weather is supposed to be really good, and the roads are clear - so that'll help a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 pm

You are in my prayers, too, Lori.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:56 pm

I'll be praying too, Lori.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Prayer for safety please. LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:05 am

I dislike driving in unfamiliar place too. I will pray for your driving and the moving Lori. Safe trip going and coming back. Congratulations for your new house! :woohooo:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 am

Travel safe Lori and try and put landmarks in your head....that always helps with the trip back...... grinsmiley

Prayer for safety please. Rhonda10Prayer for safety please. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Teresa wrote:
Congratulations on buying a new house, Lori!! There are quite a few people on this board who live in Michigan. Let's see, Amy, Rob, Savannah, Pam.........am I missing anyone?

Toby lives in Michigan too. Wink

Welcome to Michigan Lori! Wave Congrats on the house---how exciting! I'm a little late, but I'll be praying for your safe travel! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Party010

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Lori wrote:
Tomorrow afternoon I will be following my husband up to Michigan so that we can close on a house on Monday. I will be coming back home by myself. I don't like to drive where I am not familiar, and this will be my first time to the area to which we are moving. I would appreciate prayers that we make it up there safely and that I am able to find my way back to Ohio by myself. Cool We could use some prayer for the move as well which will take place at the end of this month. Thank you.

Congrats on your exciting new adventure. Thumbsup

I wish you much luck, and I've just said a prayer for you guys.

Take care.

Prayer for safety please. LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:26 am

Thank you for the prayers, everyone. We made it here safely. I'm in my husband's office right now. We close on the house in a couple of hours, then we make a quick stop at the house (which I have not seen yet), and then I head back. Yes, Savannah, the weather is good, for which I am extremely thankful.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:49 am

Wow, you haven't seen the house yet?! How excited you must be!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa

Last edited by Amy on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 am

This is the second time we have purchased a house before I've seen it. He's pretty good about picking out houses. This one makes me a little nervous since it is more of an open floor plan, and I tend to like rooms. I'll find out how I like it soon.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prayer for safety please. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 am

I was the same way about the open floor plan when we designed the house, but it made the most sense considering we wanted the high ceilings and the balcony overhead. It makes it a lot easier to keep an eye on the kids who I can see in my bedroom when I'm in the kitchen, and when I set up a workspace in the house I put my desk against the half wall that divides the kitchen from the family room and it gave me the ability to work and also keep an eye on the young'uns.

I hope you like the new digs. Feel free to share pictures.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Oooh yes---pics would be fabulous! 📷

We live in a late 70's Colonial, so I know what you mean about 'rooms'. We have lots of 'division' in our house. But it works for us actually...my sister has a new home with the open lay-out (which most people want) and she likes it for entertaining. Since we don't entertain much, we don't really need that. I kind of like the 'cozy' feel of the lower ceilings too. But considering you've 'been there done that', Lori, I'll bet this open layout will be nice for a change. Thumbsup If I was to move again, I just might choose the open floor plan, just for a change of pace.Prayer for safety please. Accord02 I hope you like it Lori!! :idance:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Kara wanted me to take some pictures so she could see it, but the batteries were dying and all I got was black. We will probably put a at least a partial wall between the living room and kitchen. I'm a little worried about where to put the baby grand piano. I think the open floor plan may have deceived my husband into thinking it was a bigger living room than we have now. I guess we will see how everything fits in a couple of weeks.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Lori wrote:
I'm a little worried about where to put the baby grand piano.

Oh, I could take that off your hands for ya, Lori. Anything for a friend. batEyes

Gosh, I just can't imagine leaving a house buying decision up to my hubby---I love the guy, but he would totally screw it up!Prayer for safety please. NonNon11 :haha: Hopefully you'll be able to work furniture arrangements out...I know when we were house-hunting, we were totally deceived by the vaulted ceilings too. There's that illusion of space and yet some houses had narrow 'bowling alley' floor plans, which aren't good. I'm guessing that's why you'd like to put the partial wall in, to break things up? Sounds like you have a good imagination though---I'm sure it's all going to be beautiful when it's done Lori! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Congrats on your new house, Lori! I know I'm about a month behind, but how was the move? How are you adjusting to the house?

Prayer for safety please. ChristinaKeeper2 Prayer for safety please. 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer for safety please.   Prayer for safety please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer for safety please.
Page 1 of 1