Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My mom

Go down 
+12
Lori
Amy
HarrisonCrosby4387
LM
Misti
Rhonda
Lily
Rob
Teresa
bethandmanly
Savannah
pamh36
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

My mom Empty
PostSubject: My mom   My mom EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Today has been a really tough day. Apparantly she had a bladder infection that came from out of nowhere. She's been running a very high fever, and she is unresponsive. She's at home because she has expressed just wanting to be able to be let go should anything like this happen again, but she can't even drink fluids, and for whatever reason, hospice won't do an IV. So, the only fluids she has received are fluids that we've dripped into her mouth through a straw. I spent half the day sitting by her bedside and crying because I can't even communicate with her about what she would want us to do. It's so hard, the part of me that loves her and sees her suffering just wants to do everything there is possible to help her, then the part of me that wants to abide by her wishes is there too. I am so confused and don't know what to do. I am home for now, and will go back in the morning. The hospice nurses come in and check her vitals and make sure she appears comfortable, but that's all they do.

My mom PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My mom Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : My mom Happy010

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Pam, I'm so sorry that your Mom is doing so poorly, and that you're suffering, too. It just breaks my heart. I'll be praying for you, and for your Mom - and that God will guide the hospice workers as they help care for your Mom. {{{Pam}}} I wish there was more that I could do.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : My mom Bokmal10

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Oh, that's awful Pam. My heart breaks thinking of you dealing with this. I'll be praying for all of you. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Pam, I am so sorry that your mom is unable to communicate with you and your family. I'm sure that she is thankful that you are there by her side, making sure that she is comfortable and getting a little bit of fluids. Even though she can't tell you with words, you know that she loves you very much. I'm sure that you can see that by looking into her eyes. You have been such a wonderful daughter throughout her illness. You have always been there for her. It's difficult when you think that she is doing better, and then all of a sudden something like this happens, and she takes a turn for the worse. Your mom will be in my prayers, Pam. I'm glad that you were able to spend most of the day with her. {{{{HUGS}}}}

My mom TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : My mom Goodsi10

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:26 pm

I don't know what to say except that we love you, Pam, and that your Mom and your family will be in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
My mom LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : My mom Vianne10

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:57 pm

{{{Pam}}} I know this is so hard on you. I will continue to pray for your mom and for you to have the strength.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : My mom Purple2

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:50 am

Hugs and prayers going out to you and your family Pam....I know how painful it is to watch her like this....She knows you are there and I know she is glad.....Hang in there......We love you so much! Love

My mom Rhonda10My mom Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 am

I'm praying for you, Pam! The most important thing is that she knows the family she loves is there with her. :alright:

My mom HummerMy mom MistiKeeperMy mom Bookclub5My mom Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : My mom Party010

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:34 am

Hello, Pam.

I wish you didn't have to go through this. I wish your Mom didn't have to, either. Believe me, I know what a horribly scary feeling it is to be in such a situation. Blue

I'll say a prayer that your Mom will pull through, and that you'll be guided by God in knowing just exactly what to do. I truly believe it'll all fall into place for you like for me.

Take care and keep venting.

Here's a hug - ((((Pam))))

My mom LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:55 am

Thanks for the prayers, everyone. This means more to me than you know. I'm about to head over there now and I'll update anything new when I can.

My mom PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : My mom Happy011

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Aww, i am so sorry about your mom. No I will pray that everything works out or the best.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My mom Love-s10

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:05 pm

I can only echo what everyone esle has said. We went through this with Bill's mom...she had ovarian cancer. I remember the frustration and feelings of helplessness. She wished to have hospice come into the home as well, and as a family of course the desire was to take her to a hopsital. We had to abide by her wishes as well, and that was so incredibly difficult. I am so very sorry you're going through this Pam. Blue I am praying.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:57 pm

My mom passed away this morning about 5 minutes after I arrived. It was almost like she was holding on for us all to be together. My brother, dad, and I were all at her side, and I told her that if she felt like she had to go, that it was okay, and that we all loved her very much. It looked like she smiled, and then she was gone. It is very difficult, but her long suffering is finally over, and I know that she is in a much better place. Thank you all for your prayers. It has been more of a comfort than I can express to know that you were all here for me and were praying for my family. She was at home, and she seemed at peace, and that was I wanted for her.

My mom PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : My mom Purple2

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 9:31 pm

:alright: OH PAM.....I am SO sorry.....Please know that you and your family will be in my prayers as you go through this difficult time.....

grouphug

My mom Rhonda10My mom Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : My mom Bokmal10

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Oh Pam, I'm so sorry. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Pam, I'm so sorry. It sounds like it happened the way she wanted it, with all of you close to her. I hope you'll remember your Mom the same way I remember my Dad, and celebrate the years you had together, rather than mourning the loss. We love you, and we'll be praying for your family.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My mom Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Oh Pam, I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do, please let me know. I remember the picture that you showed me of your Mom, and how beautiful her smile was. I can just imagine her beautiful smile lighting up the streets of heaven today! {{{Pam}}} You and your family will remain in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:18 pm

Pam,
I am so sorry for your loss. I bet you're right. She WAS holding on for you, your dad, and your brother, to be there by her side. I am so glad that you were able to be there for her during her last moments. I'm sure that she found comfort in the words that you said to her. You and your family will be in my prayers. {{{{Pam}}}}

My mom TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
My mom LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : My mom Vianne10

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:01 am

{{{{{Pam}}}} I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you felt...as I felt the same way about my Dad right before his passing. I remember the picture of your Mom and her beautiful smile. You can be assure that I will remember that sparkling smile. If there is anything you want me to do, please let me know, ok?

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:24 am

I'm sorry I did not see your post until now. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I will be praying for you and your family.

My mom Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My mom Love-s10

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:55 am

Pam, I am so very sorry for your loss. Blue I truly can't imagine the loss of a mother. You were a wonderful daughter to her, and I know that you'll be cherishing those memories a lifetime. I wish we could all be with you at this time to give you a real hug, in person, but you know that we all care about you deeply and will be here for you during this difficult grieving process. ((((HUGS)))) My prayers are with you and your family.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:41 pm

I am so, so sorry, Pam! My internet went off last night so I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner. We love you and know that we are here for you...{{{Pam}}}

My mom HummerMy mom MistiKeeperMy mom Bookclub5My mom Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:09 pm

will ray 4 ur momma. Does she kn0w Jesus as her saviour? xxx
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:08 am

Thank you for all of your kind words and prayers. They help more than you know.

Here is a link to her obituary, if anyone is interested. Her name is Sharon Jean Lindsley.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2009/02/10/obituaries/srv0000004672162.txt

This link contains a photo of her:

http://www.schultzfuneralhome.com/index.cfm

My mom PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:18 am

Thank you, Pam.

Your mother was a beautiful lady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My mom   My mom Empty

Back to top Go down

My mom
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Prairie Voices: Advice & Prayer Requests-
Jump to: