Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fight, Team, Fight

Go down 
+6
Krissy
Harrietfan
Honeybee
Docfan
jes9
Kristina
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Fight, Team, Fight Bokmal10

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:20 pm

I didn't like this episode. I thought the football coach was stubborn and selfish, especially when he refused to take Albert out of the game after Albert told him that he was hurting. Albert was lucky his injuries didn't become more serious! I also didn't like the way Mr. Ellerbee treated his son. it just wasn't fair to ignore the fact that his son clearly was not interested in football, and it's wasn't nice to tell his son he had to be successful at football if the son wanted his father to be proud of him.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:39 am

Not one of my favorite episodes. I'm a big football fan, but this episode is probably anachronistic, as I don't think football had spread that far west by this time. Also, a town as small as Walnut Grove probably wouldn't have enough boys to field a team.

Fight, Team, Fight JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : Fight, Team, Fight Pbucket

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:28 pm

I didn't like Ellerbee at all. What a selfish, self-absorbed, man! I felt so bad for his son and for Albert...had psychotherapy been around back then, I think Mr. Ellerbee would have been a good candidate. Ranting
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Fight, Team, Fight Bokmal10

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Not my favorite episode either. I didn't like Mr. Ellerbree either. His idea is to win no matter what. That's what alot of people think, of now these days. Just win win. They don't think have fun, doing your best.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:43 pm

I hated this episode!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Fight, Team, Fight Headac10

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:48 pm

I dislike this episode. Seeing this one a few times is enough for me. I find this beyond boring.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Fight, Team, Fight Goodsi10

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Not the best episode.....Pa should have taken Albert out of the game sooner

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
Not the best episode.....Pa should have taken Albert out of the game sooner

I Agree.That dude was so obessed with wining.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Fight, Team, Fight Purple2

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Mr.Ellerbee was obsessed with football and obsessed with his team winning. He put Albert's life in danger by refusing to get Albert out of the game.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:41 pm

I saw this yesterday....a bit too much football for me, but maybe it appealed to people who like playing sports or remember a couch like that.

There are people like that, they get obsessed, but he did seem a bit over the top.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

I don't like it that Mr.Ellerbee endangered Albert's life by refusing to take him out of the game. Albert is lucky he didn't puncture a lung when he suffered some broken ribs.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 am

Everytime I watch the episode, I feel sorry for Mr. Ellerbee's son. He hated football and his father made him play and said he's too weak and needs to toughen up. Mr. Ellerbee put all the boys in danger making them play too hard and making them think that only winning counts. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife left him. But we will never know since they were never seen again.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 11:25 am

Yes! But I'M sure in real life people are obsessed with sports like this.

Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 9:54 pm

All the football bored me, although I like the overall concept of the show, especially in regards to Coach Ellerbee's relationship with his own son, Dan. I seem to be in the minority of liking the concept of the show.....remember, I'm not saying I like Mr. Ellerbee; but I think that this show is to make a point about sons wanting so badly to make their fathers proud that they will do something they hate and that hurts them in order to try to make their dads proud. We're not supposed to "like" Mr. Ellerbee - that's one of the points of the show, to show him as an unlikable character obsessed with football. You can see that Charles and Caroline don't really like him even when they are invited to his lovely house to eat. I suspect they did like his wife, but she probably can't get a word in edgewise since I think Mr. Ellerbee probably talked about football throughout the whole dinner.

I think they should have filmed the scene where Mr. Ellerbee went home to talk to Dan. I would have rather cut out some of the football scenes and been able to watch there be a father/son reconciliation. I would have loved to see Mr. Ellerbee tell his son he was proud of him. I think then that viewers would come away liking this episode more than they did.

I was also surprised to learn that Nels went to Princeton!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fight, Team, Fight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight, Team, Fight   Fight, Team, Fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Fight, Team, Fight
Page 1 of 1