Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa's Autobiography

Go down 
+26
Rob
LHOTPFan
Honeybee
Praire Girl
Shell
Ruth
littlehouselover
Davetucson
Savannah
charles ingalls
LIWnut
Krissy
Julia
Vanesa
MissOleson
Cetacea
jes9
JW
ChristinaAL
Kristina
Carol
Gin
Amy
bethandmanly
Robinsgirl
carolineingalls
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography Pbucket

Melissa's Autobiography Empty
PostSubject: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:27 am

Melissa Gilbert's autobiography is to be called

Prairie Tale
A Memoir

and will go on sale in the US in June.

As I'm in UK I'll have to order mine from Amazon.

I'm looking forward to what Melissa has to say, not only about her Little House days but about her life in general and how she overcame many of the problems that come with fame.

Roll on June!

Melissa's Autobiography MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:55 am

Oh! That is so exciting! I cant wait!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:11 am

Sure sounds like something I want to read.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh my!! Sounds like the perfect beach read! I'll be buying it! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Ya me too! I'm a little surprise she has waited this long to write one. She has worked since she was 2!!!
I hope she has pictures as well.

Melissa's Autobiography Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:20 pm

I'm really looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:50 pm

this sounds like something I'll enjoy reading! it'll be interesting to learn more about her relationships with the different cast members on LHOTP
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Me, too! I'm really looking forward to this coming out.

Melissa's Autobiography ChristinaKeeper2 Melissa's Autobiography 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:43 pm

I'll Be Buying this aswell

Melissa's Autobiography Jacobk10Melissa's Autobiography Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:53 am

We'll have to have a book discussion after we've all read it. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Melissa's Autobiography Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:38 am

It comes out next month! reader dancegirl

Melissa's Autobiography Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Oh cool! Can't wait!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:25 am

Carol wrote:
It comes out next month! reader dancegirl
The website I ordered from has already shipped mine! It's supposed to arrive next Wednesday, May 27. I love it when I get pre-orders early! yesss

If anyone else wants to order it, I bought mine here:
Strand Bookstore
It's only $13.00 plus shipping ($3.50). I did a search at a price comparison website for the best deal. They only have one left in stock right now.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:17 am

Thats a good deal. We should wait til about the end of July to post thoughts about it. SO that way people have time to get it and read it.
I plan toget it as soon as I see it.
I may look at SAM'S...they seem to have good prices.

Melissa's Autobiography Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:51 pm

UPS just brought my book! grinsmiley It's a nice hardcover book with a small section of photos on glossy pages. Most are in color and a few are black and white. I'll probably start reading in a few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:13 pm

How exciting! You'll have to let us know what you thought about it, since mine won't come for another two weeks!
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Here's a link to an article on MSN's web site about the book -- http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/31174705/?GT1=43001. It includes excerpts from MG's appearance on the Today Show and some interesting information about LHotP.

Melissa's Autobiography JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 am

I bought Melissa's book last night and can't put it down so far. It's funny and entertaining right off the back. I'm really enjoying it and think it was worth the 26.00 Didn't think it was a bad price at all!

Hope everyone is doing well, it's raining here. :(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Melissa's Book   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 10:22 am

For those of you who have finished or are reading Melissa's book, what are your thoughts? I finished it and wanted wanted to get other's opinions.. Type
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Iam still reading mine!...I think it's a pretty good book so far!......one thing i was supprrised at was she said she and melissa sue were not very close!I also thought they were or would of been!..I think it's really sweet and nice how all the ppl on the lhotp set were so close to eacher!!!!

poor girl that must of been very hard growing up in the public eye having everyone watching you and judging you on what things u do!!!I could understand her not wanting to kiss him and do all that stuff on the show when her character was growing into women hood!..must of been hard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:38 am

I laughed that she made a chapter out of Dean. Since he is my favorite character, I was excited to get to that part of the book. I'm glad she and Dean became and still are friends, but was disappointed at how nervous she was in their romantic scenes, although I could certainly understand it with their age differnce.

The book wasn't what I was exptected, but was glad I got the opportunity to read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:52 am

ManlyFan wrote:
I laughed that she made a chapter out of Dean. Since he is my favorite character, I was excited to get to that part of the book. I'm glad she and Dean became and still are friends, but was disappointed at how nervous she was in their romantic scenes, although I could certainly understand it with their age differnce.

The book wasn't what I was exptected, but was glad I got the opportunity to read it.

how old was he when he was on the show??? 25???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:04 am

I can't remember, but I think there is roughly 8-9 years between them. So I'm sure if she was around 16 when those scenes were taking place, the thought of having to kiss and be in love with somone someone who was 23 or 24 would have seemed daunting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:52 am

ManlyFan wrote:
I can't remember, but I think there is roughly 8-9 years between them. So I'm sure if she was around 16 when those scenes were taking place, the thought of having to kiss and be in love with somone someone who was 23 or 24 would have seemed daunting.

ohok!..Yeah i can understand that too!..That is a big age differences...But she did do a good job with them kind of sences at her age!!! It's kind of like how 14 & 16 is a big age differences!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 pm

sweetheart wrote:
ManlyFan wrote:

ohok!..Yeah i can understand that too!..That is a big age differences...But she did do a good job with them kind of sences at her age!!!

That is a big difference, especially when she wasn't dating when Dean first came on the set. There were only three years between my son's father and me and the difference seemed enormous at times. I was still in high school while he was working. He drove, I didn't. He had dated before, I hadn't. I couldn't imagine kissing a 24-year-old guy when I was sixteen. Of course, for Dean I might have made an exception. Cool

sweetheart wrote:
Iam still reading mine!...I think it's a pretty good book so far!......one thing i was supprrised at was she said she and melissa sue were not very close!I also thought they were or would of been!..I think it's really sweet and nice how all the ppl on the lhotp set were so close to eacher!!!!

I had heard this before, so it doesn't surprise me. In MG's interview with the final three movies she said that she saw MSA as the typical older sister so it never seemed like they were very chummy. I think it is even harder when MG and the others were so close, yet MSA seemed almost like an outsider. It's too bad because you really want to have this idea that everything was always perfect on the set even when you know that's impossible.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   Melissa's Autobiography Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa's Autobiography
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next