Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa's Autobiography

Go down 
+26
Rob
LHOTPFan
Honeybee
Praire Girl
Shell
Ruth
littlehouselover
Davetucson
Savannah
charles ingalls
LIWnut
Krissy
Julia
Vanesa
MissOleson
Cetacea
jes9
JW
ChristinaAL
Kristina
Carol
Gin
Amy
bethandmanly
Robinsgirl
carolineingalls
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Love-s10

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Ahhhh...rather not see her tweets. There's alot of poo where tweets are.

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:46 pm

I dont know anyone who tweets...but that was the link to the pictures.
I still don't see why anyone does it...have a blog, website, but "tweets?"
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't tweet often. Laughing

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Prairie Tale   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 am

For years I have prided myself on seperating actor's personal lives from
the roles they play. I have always judged their acting ability on their
performances without regard to their political opinions or their personal
issues, and I still believe that is the way it should be.

But I have to say, after getting half way through this book, that it will be
a challenge for me to do that with Melissa Gilbert. I don't know how those
of you felt that read Prairie Tale, but as for me, it certainly hasn't raised my
opinion of her.......Would be interested in hearing other opinions.........
Dave
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am

Well i would like one with just talking about her memories on the show

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 am

We've already posted on this Dave... Look under LH cast members....Melissa's Autobiography.

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:47 pm

I was disappointed in it because I thought more would be about her younger years, although memories are less then. Not much on her family either.
I mentioned in a review on Amazon, I thought I wouldn't want all that info out if I had children. I realize "sex" sells, Hollywood things, but I actually started to skim during those parts. she might have been honest, but you can be too honest.
I did understand though that we all have moral compass's and we all make mistakes (I have made many) and her anger over Michael's affair was real, but where we draw that line is up to us. We might be appalled at one sin, while doing another.
I said the same thing about Rick Springfield when he wrote his bio, did he really want his kids reading how badly he cheated on his mom and others, how he blamed it on an "illness". But money is tempting and I' know if it wasn't their idea, they are probably asked to play those things up.
James Garner on the hand, wrote a great biography, honest, clean and interesting. It CAN be done! : )

When I think about it, I see others by how they treat others. Sure Melissa is nice while being paid to do autographs or make an appearance, but it's how they act without that, which really shows their character. I hope others can say that about her when there is nothing being bought. She seemed like a nice person on the set and very talented.
I also didn't like the attacks on Melissa Sue...that was stoking interest, not needed. She never did anything to her and Alison, but being "different" wasn't accepted. I guess if you're not in Jr. High, you bring Jr.High to the set in a way, maybe human nature?
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
Has anyone heard anything more about this book? I know many fans thought she didn't have enough "Prairie" in the old one, having moved on, but many people bought it because they think of her as "Laura"

I found 2 pics from it:

[url=dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 140gc9y][img]
Mr. Edward's hat/shirt
dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 I6h1qh

I love the picture with Melissa Gilbert & Michael Landon. Never seen it before.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:10 am

Davetucson wrote:
For years I have prided myself on seperating actor's personal lives from
the roles they play. I have always judged their acting ability on their
performances without regard to their political opinions or their personal
issues, and I still believe that is the way it should be.

But I have to say, after getting half way through this book, that it will be
a challenge for me to do that with Melissa Gilbert. I don't know how those
of you felt that read Prairie Tale, but as for me, it certainly hasn't raised my
opinion of her.......Would be interested in hearing other opinions.........
Dave

I share your opinion, David. And it's not that I want her to be Laura Ingalls...I simply am a little chocked about some of the things they said... Blue

Vanesa.

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Some people. for money or if they think it will help their career, will tell a lot about themselves. Some authors have been accused of embellishing if some things were not as interesting. I wish I skipped any of the Brady Bunch memoirs...even if I didn't pay for them.
I didn't like the barbs at MSA, the lack of family info although her brother worked with her all those years. To say she could care less where he was without explanation was either to get readers to wonder or shoot a barb to him. Either way, not a needed addition.

I guess as a LHOP fan, I wanted more of filming tidbits, relationships, people like Victor French were glossed over, just more on how the show shaped her.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 pm

i read one Brady Bunch memoirs. but i got it from a yard sale so i didn't waste money.LOL

Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Consignment shop, 3.00...then I gave it to Goodwill...hopefully will be cheaper for someone else . : )
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Praire Girl wrote:
Consignment shop, 3.00...then I gave it to Goodwill...hopefully will be cheaper for someone else . : )

Ya,i gave mine away again too.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Prairie Tale   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 am

littlehouselover wrote:
I was disappointed in it because I thought more would be about her younger years, although memories are less then. Not much on her family either.
I mentioned in a review on Amazon, I thought I wouldn't want all that info out if I had children. I realize "sex" sells, Hollywood things, but I actually started to skim during those parts. she might have been honest, but you can be too honest.
I did understand though that we all have moral compass's and we all make mistakes (I have made many) and her anger over Michael's affair was real, but where we draw that line is up to us. We might be appalled at one sin, while doing another.
I said the same thing about Rick Springfield when he wrote his bio, did he really want his kids reading how badly he cheated on his mom and others, how he blamed it on an "illness". But money is tempting and I' know if it wasn't their idea, they are probably asked to play those things up.
James Garner on the hand, wrote a great biography, honest, clean and interesting. It CAN be done! : )

When I think about it, I see others by how they treat others. Sure Melissa is nice while being paid to do autographs or make an appearance, but it's how they act without that, which really shows their character. I hope others can say that about her when there is nothing being bought. She seemed like a nice person on the set and very talented.
I also didn't like the attacks on Melissa Sue...that was stoking interest, not needed. She never did anything to her and Alison, but being "different" wasn't accepted. I guess if you're not in Jr. High, you bring Jr.High to the set in a way, maybe human nature?
I'm just glad I checked this thing out at the library. If I would have paid for it , it would have been a real source of irritation for me. I can now understand one thing, I don't blame Jonathon for walking! And never a mention of Matt. She is one self centered individual.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 am

I never realized that until now, Matt, whom she worked with a long time, was never mentioned? She couldn't have forgotten that much!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 am

I didn't pay full price for MG's book.We got it at Wal-mart.But ya i usually waite to buy books like this from second hand places..

Back to top Go down
LHOTPFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHOTPFan

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:24 am

I've read Melissa's Prairie Tale quite a few times since it's release and honestly when I read it the first time I felt shocked at how much language and details were written in certain areas where as I did enjoy reading about the show & a few details on her famous friends and relationships she had but other than that I felt sad about her brother Jonathan. Does anyone know where he is these days? Is Melissa going to release another book but it be just about Little House On The Prairie? I realize my last two questions were off topic of my post but I was just wanting to know.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:31 am

LHOTPFan wrote:
I've read Melissa's Prairie Tale quite a few times since it's release and honestly when I read it the first time I felt shocked at how much language and details were written in certain areas where as I did enjoy reading about the show & a few details on her famous friends and relationships she had but other than that I felt sad about her brother Jonathan. Does anyone know where he is these days? Is Melissa going to release another book but it be just about Little House On The Prairie? I realize my last two questions were off topic of my post but I was just wanting to know.

Yeah,I think she is doing this second book just about her time on LHOTP
Back to top Go down
LHOTPFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHOTPFan

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:33 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
LHOTPFan wrote:

Yeah,I think she is doing this second book just about her time on LHOTP

Oh ok thank you! I thought I had read about that before. Do you know when it will be released?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:35 am

YW.not sure

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:55 pm

It's either been stalled or shelved. Amazon has it without a release date and she hasn't updated anything about in over a year on her FB/Twitter accounts according to some fans. Her divorce did happen in the middle of it, but no mention of it either way.

This was the original date in April:
http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Gilberts-Prairie-Memories-Gilbert/dp/1419700642/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1346518442&sr=1-2&keywords=prairie+memories+melissa+gilbert

Her twitter when I checked shows her new home pics...she likes sharing things like that I guess, no mention of book. I sincerely doubt anything will be this year if ever.
https://twitter.com/MelissaEGilbert
Back to top Go down
LHOTPFan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHOTPFan

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Thank you littlehouselover for updating us about Melissa's book,
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:13 pm

LHOTPF the only book coming out remotely about LHOP, is from Melissa Francis who played Cassandra. It's mostly about her life and mother, but I"m sure since she used her LHOP picture on the cover, she will talk a little about her time on the show.

http://www.amazon.com/Diary-Stage-Mothers-Daughter-Memoir/dp/146921959X
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:17 pm

LHOTPFan wrote:

Re Jonathan, that is a mystery and one that he seems to want to keep. I surmise that things aren't too close between him and his family and there seems to a lot of false pictures of him out there and info. They will say he went to school to be a stockbroker but the picture of the "Jonathan Gilbert" they show, with the exact same info, manyfans don't think it's him (but it could be I suppose) Maybe he didn't become that either.
Most fans just hope he is well and maybe one day, something will be said. He either didn't want to be a part of LHOP afterwards or he didn't want to be with Melissa.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:53 pm

oh.eh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa's Autobiography
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next