Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unhappy

Go down 
+8
pamh36
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
JW
Savannah
Carol
bethandmanly
LIWnut
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Unhappy Cloud910

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Over the past week or two I have faced some circumstances with people here and there who have made me feel unworthy of breath. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do. I have had a very low self esteem for my entire life due to the experiences I've had with other people. I thought that as an adult, they would stop. But they haven't. I know that God loves me and that should be enough. I want it to be enough but somehow the thoughts and feelings of others are clouding my vision of Him. Please pray that I stop feeling like garbage. At this point, I am wondering if they all can't be wrong.

Unhappy MarilynKeeper Unhappy Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Unhappy Bokmal10

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:49 pm

You know, Marilyn, giving it all up to God isn't always easy. There are past hurts that I know I should let go of, but here I sit, clinging to them as if they serve any real purpose except to remind me how unworthy those people made me feel.

I'm sorry you're dealing with these troubles again. I hope you know that you are special to me. I wish I had more free time and we could chat, but my life is on hyperoverdrive right now.

I will pray for you and for those people who feel the need to beef themselves up by thinking ill of such a wonderful woman.

grouphug

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Unhappy Happy010

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Wow Marilyn,
I really wish I lived closer and give whatever person you're talking about a piece of my mind. We all have our faults and we are all imperfect but since I've known you, you are a kind person!

Please don't let those people get the best of you. If you need to chat or advice, I'm just a PM away, I'm here to listen.

Remember this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

... and also...

Unhappy Knowthyself

Unhappy Horses10
Back to top Go down

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Marilyn, I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Blue You are the kindest person I know. Love It makes me so mad that people can be so cruel. Keep your chin up! Thumbsup We love you here. Smiley Hug Just ignore those PEOPLE! They are not worth it. Ranting
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Unhappy Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Unhappy Happy010

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:13 pm

{{{Marilyn}}} There are some people who find enjoyment in trying to make themselves seem superior by making other people feel inferior. God made you, and God doesn't make garbage. I know....You've probably heard that before, but it's so true! Wouldn't you think that by the person reaches adulthood that they would *finally* learn how to "play nice"? But some people just never do. But it's their problem, not yours. They're the ones who need to do the improving. If Carol and I lived closer we could both have a nice talk with these mannerless, thoughtless people. Hang in there, sweetie! And keep in your Bible. The Psalms have an amazing way of being able to soothe a hurting soul.

(And Carol! I don't know how you do it, but you always come up with the most amazing pictures. You really have a gift for that, you know it?)
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Unhappy Happy011

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Smiley Hug Marilyn You are a Wonderful Person Pay no Attention to those people who make you feel like this i know it is Hard Hang in there Things will get better they never stay the same

Unhappy Jacobk10Unhappy Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Unhappy Purple2

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:25 pm

My Daddy always told me that when people put you down or do their best to make you feel bad, it is their way of building themselves up. They feel the need to use you as the next step up the ladder of life. I have a person I am dealing with right now who does just that, and I have to keep reminding myself that I am just part of the ladder. I'm getting ready to grease up the step though, and guess where she'll land?! Looking to remedy the problem real quick. You hang in there Marilyn, you are a sweet person and no one can tell me or anyone else different! I am praying for strength for you to stand up to these people and to be able deal with it better. No

Unhappy Rhonda10Unhappy Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks everyone. I have really had a bad day. Several months ago I went to my dr and told him that I was depressed. He asked if I was sucidal. I told him that I could never hurt myself but that I wished someone else would. After the dealings I have had recently, I am feeling the same way. I know that God doesn't make junk but right about now, I feel like junk. Please pray for me. Between depression and illness, I am wearing very thin.
I honestly don't know where I would be at this moment without my online friends. I love you all. I really wish that I could zap a few of you here to my corner of the planet so you could face my foe. I guess I'll have to take care of them myself, with your prayer supprt behind me. Thanks so much.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 pm

I'll Be Praying

Unhappy Jacobk10Unhappy Jacob210
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Aww, I am sorry that's a shame. There are some horrible people in this world and you my friend are way beyond those losers. I have suffered from low self esteem in my life too. I used to get picked on as a child in school and that has scarred me for life. So I feel ya. But you know who you are and I know who I am. No one is perfect, but I know I have a better heart than those losers.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:02 pm

Marilyn, I am so sorry you had to experience that. {{{{HUGS}}}} You are in my prayers.

Unhappy PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Unhappy Mornincoffee

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:31 pm

LIWnut wrote:
At this point, I am wondering if they all can't be wrong.

Yes Marilyn, they ALL CAN be wrong!

Please know that you are a strong and lovely woman, even when you don't feel like it!

Unhappy SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Unhappy Party010

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 am

Hello, Marilyn.

Sorry to hear that life is so harsh for you, now.

I said a prayer after reading your first post on the subject. I do wish you all the best in feeling better about yourself than you have in your entire life, and that it will always last.

Take care.

Unhappy LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Unhappy Love-s10

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:39 am

Marilyn, I am sorry you feel as you do. I will be prayer that you feel better soon. You might just need to find something to keep you busier. I know you don't have children of your own, but you do have a beautiful niece now. Why not make her a journal that she can someday read. Just some peices of advice from Aunt Marilyn. I've been journaling for my neice, Emily about visits she has with me. I write everything down that we do, things we talk about or add pictures and drawings. She will have it someday and know that I thought she was special and wanted to spend time with her. Emily is 500 miles from me, so these visits are very special.
In this though it has helped me feel that I've done something good and I feel better too.
Keep busy. I know you've had alot of down time with your health and depression can go along with that.
I'm thinking about you and hope that you will have great people in your path daily.
(I'll draw you another picture....!) SMILE! Gin

Unhappy Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 5:40 pm

I had a much better day today. The person in question who has been rocking my world upsidedown was very pleasant today. It was wonderful, the difference between night and day. Thanks you for your prayers. I can only hope it continues on Friday when I go back to work.

Back to top Go down

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:21 pm

LIWnut wrote:
The person in question who has been rocking my world upsidedown was very pleasant today. It was wonderful, the difference between night and day. Thanks you for your prayers. I can only hope it continues on Friday when I go back to work.

Is this happening at work, Marilyn? If so, you need to report him/her to your boss. You could have harassment charges brought up on this person. mad

I'm glad that you had a much better day today, Marilyn. Thumbsup You are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{hugs}}} Love

Gin, what a wonderful thing you are doing for your neice. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Susie wrote:
LIWnut wrote:
The person in question who has been rocking my world upsidedown was very pleasant today. It was wonderful, the difference between night and day. Thanks you for your prayers. I can only hope it continues on Friday when I go back to work.

Is this happening at work, Marilyn? If so, you need to report him/her to your boss. You could have harassment charges brought up on this person. mad

I'm glad that you had a much better day today, Marilyn. Thumbsup You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yea, this lady is my co-worker and her daughter is one of the supervisors. If I say anything about her it wioo all come back to the supervisor and they will all take her side. It's a sticky situation. But God is in control and I gave Him my burden at the beginning of my day today and it was a great day. I have tomorrow off and I am going to enjoy it doing whatever I please. Friday is FRIDAY and so I won't see her again til next Monday. I don't hate her, I don't hate anyone. She is a fellow Christian but I wouldn't treat anyone the way she treats me.
I love you all, immensely! Thanks for your prayers!

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Unhappy Party010

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 am

Glad to hear that things were brighter for you. Thumbsup

Unhappy LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Glad things are better. I have found when someone is treating others this bad they are very unhappy themselves. We all have to be patient. THAT is sometimes very hard-I know! Friday is coming!

Unhappy Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm glad you had a bettter day yesterday too, Marilyn. I hope today is as well! These are some great inspirational posts (and I love Carol's cat/lion picture), and I can only reiterate everything everyone has said. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this Marilyn, and I'll be praying for you. Smiley Hug

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks everyone. I had another good day today but am very grateful that it's Friday and don't have to go to work til Monday. Thanks for your prayers. Love to all.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:09 am

This week I am only working one day, tomorrow. The owner has cut back on all of our hours and so we all have to take turns. I am hoping to get more next week.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 pm

This is happening everywhere right now. I'm not even sure Nathan will be able to find a part time job this summer, with so many people needing work right now.
Just remember though...When one door closes another one opens.
Chin up!

Unhappy Project2

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Gin wrote:
Just remember though...When one door closes another one opens.
Chin up!

At first I was so depressed about not being treated fairly at work. The girl who this thread was started about has only worked there for about 9 weeks and she is getting 5 days a week, over 8 hours a day, and I have been employed for 9 years and get 6 hrs a week. I was bewildered! But I have a peace that God is in control and that maybe it is time to move on, or do something else in the meantime. God will provide my needs.
I wonder what I am to do with my time. I want to do something meaningful. Please pray that God directs. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am

Gin wrote:
This is happening everywhere right now. I'm not even sure Nathan will be able to find a part time job this summer, with so many people needing work right now.

I worry about the same thing Gin. At least Brendan is out of college earlier than most (third week of April!), so he can get a jump start ahead of a some of the other kids...

Marilyn---I'm sorry about the 'lost' hours. I will continue to pray for you!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unhappy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unhappy   Unhappy Empty

Back to top Go down

Unhappy
Page 1 of 1