Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

To doubting Rob

Go down 
+6
Amy
bethandmanly
Rob
pamh36
JW
Savannah
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
To doubting Rob Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : To doubting Rob Happy010

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:01 am

Yesterday's implication that I may have been imagining, or even fabricating the story of sighting my first Robin of the season lead to your request for photo verification of my word. So, to help induce you to believe me, I've taken a couple of pictures, and am now posting them. However, since one could easily find pictures of Robins scattered throughout the internet, I hold no expectation that this will in any way bolster your opinion of the value of my word. (The fact that they're very poor pictures might help some, though. :Hahaha: )

To doubting Rob 102_0382-1

To doubting Rob 102_0388-1
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : To doubting Rob Happy011

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:15 am

I Wish i had a Robin like that at my House

To doubting Rob Jacobk10To doubting Rob Jacob210
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 am

I Wish Came true lol as i was siting here at the Computer i look out and there on the Tree i Saw a Robin i got up to make sure i saw right then there came a other one :woohooo:
So i saw two Robins Today :woohooo:

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Aww, lucky you, Savannah. I have yet to see the first robin of spring. And if it means anything, I would have taken you on your word, Savannah. :haha:

To doubting Rob PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : To doubting Rob Goodsi10

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:57 pm

At first I thought the top photo might be one of your neighbors in a bird suit. And I thought the second one might be Opie with a strap-on beak. But I sent the pics to the boys in the lab, and they say that they're really robins. batEyes Thanks! Great pics!

I took my camera with me when I walked the dog today, hoping to see a robin, but no such luck. No
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:02 pm

pamh36 wrote:
]And if it means anything, I would have taken you on your word, Savannah. :haha:

Bless your heart! I'm glad to hear that my word is good enough for you. Love

Rob wrote:
And I thought the second one might be Opie with a strap-on beak.

I tried that last night, but the beak wouldn't fit. batEyes
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : To doubting Rob Bokmal10

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Well, it has sure felt like spring the past couple of days, but a cold front is moving in and with the wind it will feel like it's in the teens by Friday.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 pm

It's starting to get chillier here, too - but not bad, really. It's just that it's been *so* nice the past couple of days that "average" feels chilly. It was 72 yesterday, and it's 52 today. By tomorrow it's going to be in the 30s.
Back to top Go down

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Savannah, the Robins are so pretty. The weather has been so wonderful here. Bliss I'm so happy that spring is here. Cool Next week we are gonna start the garden. :idance:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Wow, Susie!! The traditional time to put in a garden around here is Memorial Day weekend! I can't imagine being able to start one so soon. Thumbsup Have fun!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Yeah no Kidding Savannah that would be something starting a Garden now already we always have to start after May 15 cause other wise the plants will freeze

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 am

Yeah, there have been years when we've had heavy snowstorms, and once even a blizzard, in April...It isn't common, but it's possible. Mostly it's the threat of frost and freezing that keeps our gardens from being planted too early, though.

Rob, I asked one of the robins to go visit you, so if he's inclined to follow instructions, maybe you'll see one soon. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 am

Thanks!

I just checked my notes (I write everything down), and I see that, in the last six years, I saw my first robin on March 26, 28, 29, 28, 25, and April 3. So it would be unusual to see one this early. Apparently they are here, though, because a friend told me that he saw two the other day.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : To doubting Rob Love-s10

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:29 am

Wow Rob...my mom does the same thing! I thought she was the only one! grinsmiley That takes oganizational skills, something I seem to be lacking. batEyes

It's COLD here today...I want my 72 degree weather back!! This 'up and down' stuff is what always ends up making me sick too...I'm hoping that doesn't happen because I don't have time for that. Wink I've officially been hit with my seasonal allergies though...they always hit mid-March. Ugh.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:40 am

Savannah wrote:
The traditional time to put in a garden around here is Memorial Day weekend!

And I know some old timers who never set their tomato seedlings in the garden till the second week of June! OhMy
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 am

Amy wrote:
oganizational

To doubting Rob Ec6c84422835

Wave
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am

YIKES!!! And here I was on such a great roll! No :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:12 pm

One Year we had a Snowstorm here May 9th that was Depressing

Back to top Go down

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
Wow, Susie!! The traditional time to put in a garden around here is Memorial Day weekend! I can't imagine being able to start one so soon. Thumbsup Have fun!

Alot of people plant on Good Friday here. Does anyone else do so too? I'm not putting much out...we still may get a late frost or two. The grass is starting to grow too. We could be mowing in a few weeks. Cool
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 pm

We have been in the 70s here but this Sunday it's supposed to rain (good! We need it! :rainy: ) and it will be about 58 degrees.

Oh and pretty Robins Savannah! Thumbsup

To doubting Rob Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 7:47 am

Sounds nice! Our temp this morning is 9!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:18 am

Wow, it's 15 here. It's supposed to triple in temperature, though! Triple! (Okay, so it's only supposed to get to 45 - but tripling in temperature in one day sounds so much more dramatic than a simple "We're supposed to get to 45". batEyes )
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:39 am

It sure didn't feel like the first day of spring taking my son to school this morning! :unsure:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 am

I was shocked to see that it was 16 when I checked around 9 this morning. At least the sun is shining.

To doubting Rob Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:14 pm

We had a Little Rain Streets are still wet but other then that the weather is nice it is 2 above Zero right now we have a Little Sunshine and a little wind so that makes it feel colder then it is

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To doubting Rob Empty
PostSubject: Re: To doubting Rob   To doubting Rob Empty

Back to top Go down

To doubting Rob
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: