Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.

Go down 
+6
Savannah
JW
bethandmanly
Amy
Lori
LM
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Happy010

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:38 am

Thanks! I may have to dole out some of our income tax money before its over with!

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 HummerI got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 MistiKeeperI got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Bookclub5I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:40 am

That sounds like quite an experience, LM. I can't stand the drill, but I've never had the experience you have. I hope when they put the permanent crowns on for you that it's a breeze.

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:54 pm

All hail Queen LM! :adore: Glad to hear things went ok LM...I'm next! I've had one before, but as I said, I'd take my root canal any day! I just hate getting crowns. No

Like you Misti, I have no clue where the heck the money is coming from for my stupid mouth!!

Take care LM!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:25 am

Misti wrote:
Thanks! I may have to dole out some of our income tax money before its over with!

At least you'll have that, but I'm sure you'd rather spend it on something else. Oh, well. That how it goes.

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 am

pamh36 wrote:
That sounds like quite an experience, LM. I can't stand the drill, but I've never had the experience you have. I hope when they put the permanent crowns on for you that it's a breeze.

It really was.

I can't stand the drill, either. I had the sound, the vibration and the odor it gives off...like hot metal.

Thanks for the well-wishing. I hope this is the last of it, too. I only want to visit the dentist for cleaning and nothing else after this.

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:45 am

Amy wrote:
All hail Queen LM! :adore: Glad to hear things went ok LM...I'm next! I've had one before, but as I said, I'd take my root canal any day! I just hate getting crowns. No

Like you Misti, I have no clue where the heck the money is coming from for my stupid mouth!!

Take care LM!

Hi, Amy. Wave

Aww. How sweet of you to put up that little bowing smiley. I feel so appreciated! grinsmiley

I'm hopeful for you that they'll use the same type of mold for you as they did for me. It was nothing like that nasty, thick and gooey stuff from years ago. It really did taste like bubble gum. It sets much faster, too.

I had no idea of how messy the procedure was. Wow! Unless mine was different for some reason, you already know about the constant squirting of water into your mouth to keep the particles from flying, to keep your mouth moist, keep the drill from getting too hot, etc. The assistant got the water on a constant flow to the roof of my mouth for a few seconds which was starting to choke me, and then she let it run down my throat. That's when I lost my breath and began coughing (to put it nicely). I jumped and they asked if I was okay, and I told them that I was choking. I got an apology, but still...

I'm really hoping your time will be much, much easier than mine and than what you had before. I'm also hoping you'll be able to pay it off without too much worry. Did you apply for Carecredit like I did? I also applied for and was approved for a credit card. I wanted it specifically for my dental bills as I don't want to pay more interest with Carecredit by adding the full $3,000 on it, knowing I won't have it paid off before the interest rate goes up in 12-18 months. I put the root canals on that, and the crowns on the new credit card.

Money issues. I'd love to know what it's like to not have any. :think:
www.carecredit.com

Take care, and good luck!

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:17 pm

I hope you are feeling better now.

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:48 am

I'm so glad to be done with that. happy1

It took about 40 minutes, and if not for one area of my gum still being a bit sensitive, it wouldn't have hurt at all. The assistant was cleaning around the tooth after removing the temp at the top, and she touched my gum with the pick. Ouch! It wasn't horrible...just enough to make me flinch and say "ouch". To my surprise, the temps slipped off with all ease when she removed them with the tweezers.
The dentist put the permanent crowns on, but had to remove and adjust/file them three times before they felt fine. It took about three minutes for the glue to set and bind the crowns to my teeth for good. I didn't like the taste of it, but it really wasn't enough to make me want to run out. After they were set, another assistant came in to chip and peel away the excess glue, which took about ten minutes. That was it.

They gave me the molds in case anything goes wrong within the next six months and they'll have them to use. Oh, how I hope and prayer that nothing goes wrong!

I go back in two weeks for a cleaning, and will hopefully be done for several months or a year until the next one. Whew!

Best wishes to those of you who are next on the list for the procedure.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:46 am

LM wrote:

Um yep---that would be me. Blue I just got a call a few days ago saying that it will be $600, and do I want to set up the appointment? I didn't yet----gotta figure out how we're going to swing this, considering I'm still paying on the dumb root canal! But I know I have to do it---it's not like I have a choice!

Glad to hear it went well LM...it's reallly not a horrible thing. My main issue is having to be completely still for the duration of setting the crown. Not easy for me!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:44 pm

I'm glad things went well, LM. Good luck, Amy Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm glad to hear that it is all done, LM. grinsmiley

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Amy wrote:
LM wrote:

Um yep---that would be me. Blue I just got a call a few days ago saying that it will be $600, and do I want to set up the appointment? I didn't yet----gotta figure out how we're going to swing this, considering I'm still paying on the dumb root canal! But I know I have to do it---it's not like I have a choice!

Glad to hear it went well LM...it's reallly not a horrible thing. My main issue is having to be completely still for the duration of setting the crown. Not easy for me!!

I know the feeling, Amy. Not good.

My bill for my second root canal came last week, and now I'm waiting for the two to come for the crowns. I have enough to pay $150.00 on each card, and after that, it'll be whatever I can do to scrimp and save in order to pay those monthly intsallments. Ugh!

Thankfully, sitting still in the chair doesn't bother me.

I'll say a prayer for you that all works out for you in the finance department. Hang in there!

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Susie wrote:
I'm glad things went well, LM. Good luck, Amy Thumbsup

Thank you, Susie!

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:44 pm

pamh36 wrote:
I'm glad to hear that it is all done, LM. grinsmiley

I appreciate it, Pam.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.   I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I got my permanent crowns on Tuesday.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3