HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

NCAA Championships

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks Savannah! Counting down the hours for tonight's game! :woohooo: I'm happy that North Carolina beat Villanova....they are clearly the better team and I'd rather the match be between the two best. This is soooooo exciting! I just wish the game was on earlier---it doesn't start until 9:20! I'm not going to want to get up in the morning!! :sleep:

(I have to say though, I AM very nervous---N.C. has whomped us BADLY in the past...we're going to have to hope they're not on their game tonight, and that we are totally ON......scary).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53816
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Wow, that's a late start time! You'll need your coffee in the morning for sure! grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:51 pm

I sure will! Gee, I wonder if it's acceptable to take a day off due to a big game-night? :think: Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:50 am

:alright: I'm sorry the Spartans didn't win it all, Amy - but they made it to the Championship! And they sure gave their fans a fun ride. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks Savannah! I am bummed, but it was nothing unexpected, I guess. I just wish MSU had played 'normally'...they didn't make the shots they are known for usually making. It's like they froze, from a combination of nerves and intimidation. UNC has a finesse that the Huskies were lacking though, and that's what MSU couldn't handle. UNC definitely deserved that championship---they were like pros out there!! A friend of mine reminded me though, there was no 1979 without '78, and no 2000 without '99, so '10 is OUR YEAR!! Thumbsup

And at least we didn't get as creamed as we did a few months ago when we played UNC. grinsmiley I am very proud that the Spartans got so far!! GO STATE!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 am

Amy wrote:
And at least we didn't get as creamed as we did a few months ago when we played UNC. grinsmiley

That was what I thought, too! At least they didn't get thoroughly trounced! They made a respectable showing. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 am

And I'm glad they moved up a bit from their 20 point trail! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championships   Today at 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down

NCAA Championships
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2