Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Allergy season!!! BLAH!

Go down 
+7
Julia
bethandmanly
Davidccl
Carol
Rhonda
Gin
Amy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Allergy season!!! BLAH! Love-s10

Allergy season!!! BLAH! Empty
PostSubject: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:14 am

Well, I've been 'hit'. It's so bad for me right now that I'm woken up out of a deep sleep in the mornings! Itchy eyes, scratchy throat, sneezing---the works!!

Anyone else suffer with seasonal allergies like I do? I am taking Allavert---I hope it starts kicking in! What do you all take for your allergies?

One of my daycare kids (age 4) has been suffering for two straight days (so badly that he was crying yesterday---I felt like crying too!!), and his parents haven't sent any meds. I told them today they needed to have some kind of medication for the poor kid. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 am

I am about 3 weeks ahead of you Amy. We have leaves on trees and yellow pollen all over.
I've been taking Clariton in the morning and Singular at night. I end up with bronchitus if I don't. I never suffered from allergies before I lived in Texas. I was told by alot of people that if I stayed here long enough I would have problems.
I'm more than ready to leave. banghead

Parker( little boy i babysit) coughed through his nap yesterday. He is in on Allegra in the mornings and flonase at night. Sometimes it takes two meds working together to conqure it. Good luck!

Allergy season!!! BLAH! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Allergy season!!! BLAH! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:35 pm

I think it is all the new blooms that is making it so hard for me to shake this crud that I have. I ran 101-102 fever last week and now that it is gone, I have that dry, tickle cough in my chest that I just can't get rid of. With the pollen in the air, and everywhere else, that tickle is even worse. My head feels heavy and my eyes are burning out of my head. And to top it off, when I went home for lunch, my neighbor down the street was in his yard burning a pile of twigs and stuff!!! Guess what that will do to the allergies?!?!? Sick2

Allergy season!!! BLAH! Rhonda10Allergy season!!! BLAH! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Allergy season!!! BLAH! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Wow! Sorry to hear that Rhonda... :alright:

Allergy season!!! BLAH! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Rhonda, you sound miserable! I hope you get better soon! :alright:

Gin, I don't know why, but there is obviously something in the air in March, because this is when I'm hit every year. I know a lot of people who are suffering right now, so it's whatever we're left with after the great snow-thaw I guess. Ugh. I can't take Claritan---I feel loopey on it. Allergy season!!! BLAH! Yeux05 Probably not a good idea when I have 3 and 4 year olds running around the house! grinsmiley

When I was 16, I went through the allergy testing where they prick your back a zillion times....the nurse came in after 20 minutes and said "whoa, we've got a livewire here!", because I reacted to absolutely everything and had what looked like welts all over my back! The only things I'm not allergic to are cats and dogs, thank goodness!

Well, one of my daycare kids went home sick today with a fever of 100.6. Turns out I'm at 99.00. I hope I don't spike up tonight. I really don't need illness on top of the allergy suffering! SO not fair, huh Rhonda?! No And I am such a weenie---that last time I got as high as 100 degrees, I felt like dying!! LOL! I think something happens when we get older where our bodies just can't handle fevers like they used to. Or, maybe it's just me. 🤢

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Number of posts : 120
Mood : Allergy season!!! BLAH! Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 pm

This year I noticed that I had allergies.
Spring has always been a time of not being on my game because of minor sickness and summer on it's way but I am having a hard time this year. I wake up each morning with itchy eyes, stuffed up nose/runny nose, itchy nose, etc. It got so bad that within 3 days in a row "periodic random nose bleeds" happened 7 times! I started taking Clariten few weeks ago that expired 2 years ago! I just finished up that package and am having better luck with Clariten that expires in 2 years. I am now having better luck with it.

Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Light and Dark..  All are 2 sides to their own coin.  Niether can live with each other, but none can also live without the other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/dcat682
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Allergy season!!! BLAH! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Between the cats, anything scented, and seasonal allergies, I'm pretty much congested all the time. At this point I don't really notice it until I go down south and I can actually breathe through my nose. Most of my allergeries tie into my asthma, so I take Advair every day and Sudafed for the congestion.

Hope you feel beter Rhonda.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Allergy season!!! BLAH! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:54 am

We haven't been having allergies, but I had bronchitis, then Mom has caught it, and now DAD is coughing.....oh no.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Allergy season!!! BLAH! JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:52 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Between the cats, anything scented, and seasonal allergies, I'm pretty much congested all the time. At this point I don't really notice it until I go down south and I can actually breathe through my nose. Most of my allergeries tie into my asthma, so I take Advair every day and Sudafed for the congestion.

I feel MUCH better Cheryl....especially since that was a 2009 post..... Whistle

Allergy season!!! BLAH! Rhonda10Allergy season!!! BLAH! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:08 pm

I have allergies to grasses, especially in summer. That's about it.

Allergy season!!! BLAH! Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Rhonda wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

lol that was 2009!?
I didn't notice at all lol
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Allergy season!!! BLAH! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:44 pm

alexczarn wrote:
I have allergies to grasses, especially in summer. That's about it.

My Dad has allergies sometimes. But they aren't as bad as they used to be.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Allergy season!!! BLAH! JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:31 am

Rhonda wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

Well, I'm sure glad Rhonda. I would hate to think you had been suffering that long. Laughing See what happens when I try to post real quick in between doing other things?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:57 am

I got the allergies. Achooooooo!! Bless me. I took allavert. I been sneezing, since yesterday. I notices, if I go to different parts of Michigan. My allergies are really bad. I need Dr. Baker. ugh.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Blah. It's been about a year since I found this post and now I'm suffering from Allergies... Again

Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Light and Dark..  All are 2 sides to their own coin.  Niether can live with each other, but none can also live without the other.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I sneeze a lot and get itchy and watery eyes. Claratin doesn't help me. I'm going to try allegra. I have skin allergies as well. I have to use body wash for sensitive skin and have been using baby wash. I'm allergic to Dawn dish soap. I only use Palmolive.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:12 pm

My allergies have been acting up. I get plugged up when I vaccum and when I mow the yard. Dust bothers me and so does grass and pollen.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm

I feel for you. We are passed that stage now. Although I have problems when the pressure changes and a front comes in. Just alot of burning in my sinuses. I have to make sure I don't sleep directly under a fan at night either. That drys the sinuses out.
Have you tried singulair or Zyrtec?

Allergy season!!! BLAH! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Funny Gin, we call it Zirtec here in Australia. It works though!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm

We've been bouncing between Zyrtec and Allegra. I think Allegra works the best on me. We're moving past it now too though---my worst time is March and April. The boys mowed the yard though tonight so I've been sneezing and itching my eyes. Yikes
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Te weather changes haven't helped. It was hot last week, and cooled of this week.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm using a nasal spray and Zyrtec. My doctor recommended Zyrtec.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Dust and pollen bothers me. When I go down the laundry care aisle or the section where candles are at, I get plugged up. I use All Free and Gentle laundry soap. I have very sensitive skin. Even scented dryer sheets plug me up. Thank goodness Bounce has dryer sheets that are dye and scent free.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:30 am

So far, no hayfever for me...I expect I'll get it this summer though...

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Just call me "Sneezy". I can't go a day without sneezing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allergy season!!! BLAH!   Allergy season!!! BLAH! Empty

Back to top Go down

Allergy season!!! BLAH!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next