Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

These are too cute!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
These are too cute!! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : These are too cute!! Happy010

These are too cute!! Empty
PostSubject: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:34 pm

These are too cute!! Cburgers-2sm

Those are mini-cheeseburger cookies! Laughing How cute are they?? I'm hoping to take a couple dozen with me when my Mom, Dad and I go and visit the children. It's going to be kind of an early April Fool's joke. Wink AND, there's no baking to them.....So even though I was sick over the weekend, I should be up to putting them together! Cheer I love that there are people with imaginations to come up with this stuff!

Edited to add: I'll be making some of the "burgers" without sesame seeds on top, because Caleby is allergic. So those'll be "plain buns". Cool
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : These are too cute!! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Wow, those are adorable! I'm trying to figure out what all the layers are though---vanilla wafers are the buns, I'm guessing---maybe a thin mint for the burger? Very cute idea! Are you going to see them soon? Sorry to hear you were sick this weekend!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Yep! We're planning on seeing them tomorrow. Love I wasn't sure at all, even yesterday, whether I would have enough strength to go, and I've been praying up a storm! Watch out, there's a really vicious stomach flu going around - and even with all of my hand-washing and precautions that I take, I *still* ended up getting caught by it. I haven't been that sick in probably four years!

Vanilla wafers for the buns, then the burger can be any kind of round, chocolate-covered cookie . . . . like the ones from Keebler. The "lettuce" is made from coconut that's tinted with a few drops of food dye, and the "ketchup" and "cheese" are both made from frosting.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Those are too cute! The children will love them Savannah! Thumbsup

These are too cute!! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks for explaining them Savannah----how ingenious! I like the 'April Fools' idea; I might have to whip those up for the daycare! (Ahem, to eat right before their parents come to pick them up! grinsmiley).

Have fun tomorrow...I'm glad you're feeling better! It's weird, I had a low-grade temp (like 99.00!) last week, and now I have a head cold---one of the kids was sick last week; even with my immune system built up, sometimes it's unavoidable! No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Those cookies are adorable! I'm sure the kids will love them.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Kelsey is home sick from school today.

These are too cute!! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks, Pam!
Poor Kelsey. I hope she feels better soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Very cute! grinsmiley

I hope you and Kelsey feel better. :alright:
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:46 am

I've made a different version of those before. If you want pickles, you can use cut the ends off of miniature green gumdrops and flatten them.

These are too cute!! Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:58 pm

Cool, Lori! Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:11 pm

grinsmiley I just got back from visiting the children, and the cheeseburgers were a hit. Thumbsup There were some children from around the trailer park visiting, so I was glad that I brought extra!
:Hahaha: One of the children said "NO WAY! These are cookies??" and Michael said "Oh, man....she can do anything." Bless his mistaken little heart. Love
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:32 am

Savannah wrote:
One of the children said "NO WAY! These are cookies??" and Michael said "Oh, man....she can do anything." Bless his mistaken little heart. Love

I have no doubt he's write, Savannah! Wink

I'm glad the 'hamburgers' went over so well---I knew they wood! I don't know how ewe managed it, not feeling well...I wanted to make some up four the daycare, but I have absolutely no energy this week. Those kids are so lucky to have ewe!

(ahem, pardon my blatant spelling errors! Whistle ) ROTFL

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:53 am

Aw, thank you, Amy. :shy: Thankfully, the cookies could be made while I was sitting down, or I'd have fainted in the process. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:54 am

I'm glad the children loved them. grinsmiley Bless, Michael's little heart. He only was speaking the truth. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks, Susie......He and Caleby are pretty young yet. He's nine and Caleb is six....They still think I can do anything. They'll figure it out sooner or later.......but in the meantime, I love it. Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These are too cute!!   These are too cute!! Empty

Back to top Go down

These are too cute!!
Page 1 of 1