Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crochet doily done by LIW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Crochet doily done by LIW Empty
PostSubject: Crochet doily done by LIW   Crochet doily done by LIW EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Last year (I think) someone posted a doily that Laura Ingalls Wilder had done and instructions on it. Does anyone remember this or know of this? I would like to see it again and read the instructions to see if it's difficult to make.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Crochet doily done by LIW   Crochet doily done by LIW EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:58 pm

I think this is what you're looking for -- http://pages.prodigy.net/john.simpson/Laura%20Ingalls%20Wilder%20Filet.jpg. My mom is an avid crocheter, and she subscribes to several crochet mailing lists. Somebody on one of the lists had posted this, and I uploaded it to my web site.

Crochet doily done by LIW JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crochet doily done by LIW   Crochet doily done by LIW EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Yep! I believe that's it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Crochet doily done by LIW Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Crochet doily done by LIW Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Crochet doily done by LIW   Crochet doily done by LIW EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 7:26 pm

WOO! A friend of mine just shared this with me...I had never been able to get a good working pattern to be able to make this doily...but I think this one might work! I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else is interested. I'm hoping to give this a try! Not right NOW because I'm working on a surprise for a friend for her birthday in April...but once I finish that, and some baby booties for two friends who are expecting, I may be able to give it a go!

Crochet doily done by LIW Laura_10

BEG OPEN MESH = ch 5 (first 3 ch counts as dc) skip next 2 sts, dc in next st
INC MESH AT BEG OF ROW = ch 3 for each mesh to be added, plus 5 extra ch at the
end, dc in 9th st or ch from hook (first open mesh of row made)
INC MESH AT END OF ROW = ch 2, trtr in small st as last dc (first inc mesh made),
then work *ch 2, trtr in 2 side strands at center of last trtr made, repeat from * for each
additional mesh to be added.
DEC AT BEG OF ROW = sl st in each st or ch across to position indicated on pattern
DEC AT END OF ROW = leave remainder of row unworked, turn.
STITCH THE DOILY
PATTERN: Beg at bottom edge of chart, ch 318, dc in 9th ch from hook (bottom right
open mesh of pattern completed). Work 103 more open meshes across; turn - row 1
completed.
Continue following chart for remainder of rows. Work even numbered rows from left to
right. Work odd numbered rows from right to left.
BORDER: Work dc in each st, 2 dc in each ch 2 sp, 6 dc in each of the eight corner sp, 2
dc in end of each row, 4 dc in each inc sp and dec sp at beg and end of rows, at the
same time, work picots as indicated on pattern. Fasten off.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Crochet doily done by LIW Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Crochet doily done by LIW   Crochet doily done by LIW EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 7:35 pm

I bet that would be so pretty! Post a picture before you send it off !

Crochet doily done by LIW Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Crochet doily done by LIW MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Crochet doily done by LIW Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Crochet doily done by LIW   Crochet doily done by LIW EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Wow, that looks like it would be nice! If you get to try it, I want to see a picture!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Crochet doily done by LIW Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crochet doily done by LIW   Crochet doily done by LIW Empty

Back to top Go down

Crochet doily done by LIW
Page 1 of 1