Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please Pray for Tim

Go down 
+16
carolineingalls
Amy
Alice
Lori
Gin
Lily
JW
Teresa
bethandmanly
Kathleen Marie
Carol
Savannah
Rob
Misti
Rhonda
pamh36
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Happy010

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:34 pm

pamh36 wrote:
He needs to wear a belt these days or his pants end up around his ankles!! OhMy Thankfully, the first time that happened, he was at home. Laughing

Oh my gosh Pam grinsmiley lol

On a serious note... I keep praying Tim gets better and gets through this soon.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm

I forgot to update that Tim finished up with chemo and radiation yesterday. He's been doing pretty well for the most part. He still has the occasional bout of stomach upset and problems sleeping if he doesn't take anything to help him sleep. But, for the most part he is doing really well. The doctors did get on him about losing so much weight though, which is strange because he has been eating well. His appetite has not been affected at all.

So now it is just awaiting the next step, finding out how much of the tumor remains and how involved surgery will be. But, he has a reprieve for at least a month before any surgery would happen.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm so glad that Tim is doing well, Pam. I will keep him in my prayers. Please continue to keep us updated. I pray that the chemo has taken care of the tumor. Is there a chance that could happen, and he wouldn't have to have surgery?

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Glad to hear that Tim is finished with the treatment part of his battle. Hopefully, there won't have to be any surgery. Thumbsup

I know about the losing weight part, and honestly, there is nothing you can do, it just comes off.........I gained my weight loss back, but as of this year, I am smaller than I was when going thru cancer. My oncologist acted like he was concerned about the drastic weight loss, but he KNOWS why it came off, so he calmed down. Huh?

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Rhonda10Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm glad that part of the treatment is done for Tim. The month off will be welcome, I'm sure.

I'll be praying for good test results and no surgery needed.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 pm

Thank you for the update, Pam. It's great to hear that he's finished up his chemo & radiation. You and he both continue to be in my prayers every day. {{{Pam}}}
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:15 am

It is good to hear that Tim is doing well. I've been praying for him.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:33 am

Teresa wrote:
Is there a chance that could happen, and he wouldn't have to have surgery?

Well, the chemo and radiation guys seem to think there is a possibility that their treatments could take care of the tumor. And, of course, the surgeon seems to think the best chance of long-term survival to ensure that all of the tumor is gone is going the surgery route. So, we will have to see what has happened to the tumor and so he'll be going for another endoscopic procedure to determine that. All I know is that he says he actually feels better now than he did when the treatment started, so even with all of the chemo and radiation he actually feels better than he did before. So, you never know. I know I am remaining hopeful about the possibility of Tim not having to have surgery.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:39 am

It's s tough decision, especially when you have to rely on experts who give somewhat conflicting information. I'm glad that Tim is feeling so much better. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Pam, when I went through my cancer, there was talk of a "second look" surgery to see if the tumors were still there, or if the chemo had taken care of things. They were actually going to "mop" my insides with the chemo if the tumors were still present. They felt since my cancer was SO agressive, mopping it directly would take care of any remaining cells. As it turned out, the CT Scans showed no signs of tumors, so they decided not to do the second look surgery and just go with the radiation. I know the right decision will be made for Tim and with all the prayers going up on his behalf, he is sure to do well.

***hugs to you and your family*** grouphug

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:21 pm

Good to Hear that Tim is Doing Pretty Good I'll Keep Praying for him

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Jacobk10Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks for the update Pam. He must be so glad to be done with the chemo and radiation....you as well!! I pray he won't need the surgery either....

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Just a quick update. We found out that Tim's surgery will be on July 24th. Apparently, we won't really know what's going on until they actually get him in to do the surgery. Otherwise, he is hanging in there really well. He came up to the campground for a couple of days with us and I think it did him some good.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Glad to hear you now have a date for surgery........glad Tim was able to join the family camping as well.....it always helps to get away from reality for a while.....hang in there, you are all in my prayers! pray

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanks for the update. I'll be praying the the surgery goes well.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Thank you for updating us, Pam. It's great to hear that he has a surgery date - and that he's holding up well, too. I'm so glad that he was at the campground for a couple of days. Sometimes that can make such a difference!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:10 pm

I'll Be Praying that the Surgery Goes well

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Jacobk10Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:30 pm

I'll be praying the surgery goes well too Pam. Thanks for the update!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Oh my goodness, I just realized that today is the day for Tim's surgery! Please let us know how it went Pam....I'll be praying.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Yes. My thoughts are with you today Pam.

Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Hope all went well........Chin up...... pray

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:53 pm

I've been praying today, Pam!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Me too, Pam.
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 12:35 am

Hope all went well yesterday, Pam. I'm praying for Tim, too.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:55 am

The surgery went well! The dr. mentioned that although the endoscopic procedure showed cancer in the lymph nodes, he didn't see any visible signs of cancer in the lymph nodes through the naked eye. He also said the tumor did shrink, which shows the chemo and radiation where effective in attacking the cancer, and he removed the tumor. He felt the liver and looked at it and he said everything seems fine there. They did take some biopsies of the surrounding areas, and we should have the results from those in a few days. He says he is very positive about a cure for Tim, and that was all I needed to hear. Tim, of course, was pretty out of it yesterday. But, he was in good spirits and was joking around and picking on the medical staff. So, he was himself! Laughing I'm going to see him in a short while. I know sometimes the second day can be a little tougher just because it seems like you can feel everything more! Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Pray for Tim   Please Pray for Tim - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Pray for Tim
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next