Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We're ALL home!

Go down 
+7
JW
Debbie
Rob
Carol
LIWnut
Rhonda
Savannah
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
We're ALL home! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : We're ALL home! Happy010

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 1:22 pm

I can't even begin to describe how good it is to all be home together again. We got home late last night from the hospital. Michael's tests aren't all back yet, but the meds they have him on are controlling the seizures, so they let us take him home. He brought a souvenier home from the hospital, though. No He has the flu. As if he hasn't gone through enough.

His MRI test came back with excellent results. Still no tumor! His EEG showed many, many seizures in the brainwave patterns. The metabolic tests aren't back yet. But, they warned us that in many cases, they just don't ever know what causes the seizures. (That's just wrong. Some day there will be the science to know for sure!)

We had one annoying experience. We asked what kind of meds they were giving him each time they changed his meds. And, we asked what kind of side-effects were possible. Because of that, a social worker came in and said "So, I understand that because of your religion, you don't believe in medication and hospitals." Well.......DUH. If we didn't believe in them, would we have brought him there in the first place?? We just want to know what they're going to do to him! We were more polite than that in our response to the social worker, of course.

Anyway, it's incredibly good to have him HOME!

Thank you so much for praying.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : We're ALL home! Purple2

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 1:27 pm

:cpatch: :disco: YAY SAVANNAH!!! :tapdance: :twist:

We're ALL home! 36_1_34WELCOME HOME MICHAEL!!!!We're ALL home! 36_1_34

We're ALL home! Rhonda10We're ALL home! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : We're ALL home! Cloud910

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 1:28 pm

So glad to hear that you are home together as a family again. I will be praying for little Michael, poor guy. The flu is no fun, especailly after being cooped up in a hospital.
I can just see Auntie Savannah going in to read him stories and making sure that he is comfortable. God is good and provides for the needs of His children. Look for those blessings as Michael gets better.
Love, hugs and prayers to all.

We're ALL home! MarilynKeeper We're ALL home! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Savannah,
Great news... great news... Cheer

I'm glad he's home with you guys now. I hope he gets better soon!

We're ALL home! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : We're ALL home! Goodsi10

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 3:22 pm

Happy to hear the news, Savannah! Cloud 9
Back to top Go down

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 3:23 pm

Thats good new new
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : We're ALL home! Xmassm4

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 4:41 pm

That's great news, Savannah!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : We're ALL home! Happy011

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2007 12:31 pm

Great News

We're ALL home! Jacobk10We're ALL home! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
We're ALL home! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : We're ALL home! Vianne10

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Glad to hear the great news Savannah! :woohooo:

Welcome Home Michael!!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : We're ALL home! Pbucket

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 5:18 am

Glad you're all home and don't have to spend so much time visiting!

Hope Michael gets well VERY soon.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
We're ALL home! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 7:52 am

Thank you, everyone. It's been so good just to hear him laugh. He hadn't made a sound for hours and hours after the seizure on Friday. Then, it was only "Uh-huh" in a drowsy kind of voice. Over the next few days in the hospital, he cried and cried. (Partly because of an allergic reaction to foods that he wasn't supposed to have. You'd think that a hospital kitchen staff would know what foods a lactose-intolerant child can't have!) So, anyway . . . . what a joy to hear him laughing again!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 1:00 pm

I'm glad to hear he's home (and laughing!) and that everything is going okay.

I'd have been annoyed at the hospital too for having them send the social worker to talk to your family. Talk about going overboard.

My dad brought home the same souvenier from the hospital as your nephew did, from spending so much time there when my mom was in. Funny how sometimes you end up sicker when you leave the hospital that when you go in. Definitely a breeding ground for germs. I hope nobody else gets sick and that Michael is all better soon.

We're ALL home! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 5:24 pm

That's great that he's home! I'm so glad they're able to keep his seizures under control with the meds. I hope he recovers soon from the flu though :( It doesn't sound like the hospital staff was very courteous - shame on them. But wonderful news about your nephew being home :)

We're ALL home! ChristinaKeeper2 We're ALL home! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We're ALL home! Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're ALL home!   We're ALL home! Empty

Back to top Go down

We're ALL home!
Page 1 of 1