Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think I'll use this one.

Go down 
+4
Lily
Amy
Teresa
Savannah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
I think I'll use this one. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : I think I'll use this one. Happy010

I think I'll use this one. Empty
PostSubject: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:04 pm

I went to the store today to get some ice cream. (It was a consolation prize of sorts, I guess, for being wounded in yard work combat. Wink ) Well, there was a man there talking on his cell phone. (And why is it that people seem to think that it's necessary to shout on a cell phone?) He was so loud that I couldn't help but overhear his side of the conversation. Someone had apparently asked him to a party that he wasn't sure about going to. . . . and after a while he said to his friend "I'll definitely probably be there". :Hahaha: I need to remember that response and use it the next time I'm trying to get out of something. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:10 pm

LOL!! It was a bit of an oxymoron.

I think I'll use this one. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : I think I'll use this one. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:31 pm

That is one of my biggest pet-peeves----people having 'public' conversations! There really IS cell-phone ettiquette, you know? Now, a grocery store isn't so bad, but you don't need to talk SO loud! I always think of these people being like the kids in my daycare who like to be the center of atttention, LOL! You know how there's always one in the bunch? Wink But what really makes me crazy is cell phone use in restaurants and---the worst of the worst---CHURCH!! Every week our musician says the announcements in the beginning of mass, and asks that all cell phones be silented, and without fail, someones' cell phone still goes off in church!! Makes me crazy, and if it upsets me, I can only imagine what our poor priest thinks!! Anyway, I just wish people would view cell phone usage with common courtesy, keeping their voices down and not using them whatsoever in certain places.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

*snicker* Cell phones in church drive me batty, too, Amy! Every Sunday and every Wednesday, my Pastor asks the congregation to please turn all cell phones down, put them on vibrate, or whatever.....Well....My Pastor's brother is also a Pastor, only his church's midweek service is on Tuesdays rather than Wednesdays. One Wednesday evening, my Pastor's cell phone rang while he was preaching! He had forgotten to turn down his cell phone. (After reminding everyone else to!) The caller was his brother, who had forgotten that we'd be in the middle of mid-week service. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
I think I'll use this one. LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : I think I'll use this one. Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:50 pm

The poor guy probably....*definitely* probably wanted to please his friend. ROTFL I had someone once told me to take my time but hurry up. :haha:

There is no common courtesy nowadays. One of my pet-peeves is the ringtone volume that some people set so high. Loud enough to make my heart skip a beat...literally!! affraid banghead

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : I think I'll use this one. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:10 pm

If I get started on a cell phone rant I might never climb off my soap box, so I better not start. Well, I'll definitely probably not start a cell phone rant, but on the other hand, I might definitely probably start a cell phone rant if someone definitely probably gives me a reason to. Wink

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:17 pm

So, in other words, Savannah, you will definitely probably use that one?

I think I'll use this one. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:19 pm

:Hahaha: Could be for sure!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : I think I'll use this one. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, good for you, because, I think, I would positively be certain to use it. Whistle

I think I'll use this one. Rhonda10I think I'll use this one. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : I think I'll use this one. Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:27 am

I might definitely use it.................. Maybe! banghead

I think I'll use this one. MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I'll use this one.   I think I'll use this one. Empty

Back to top Go down

I think I'll use this one.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: